Kreg Owners' Community

I just recently bought a Porter Cable PC3Pak Finish Nailer/Brad Nailer/Stapler Compressor Combo Kit from Home Depot and it was and is love at first sight! I just may consider throwing all my hammers away and having air in the shop has opened a whole new world for me.Both nailers and the stapler are all superb. They're quiet and reliable. I am using harbor freight nails and haven't had a single jam in a few weeks of use. The depth adjustment is tool free and works very well on all three tools.What your favorite Compressor and Nailer?

Views: 1234

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I have a Porter-Cable pin-nailer, brad-nailer, finish-nailer, and a Rigid narrow crown stapler,
run by a CH 4 gal twin tank compressor.
Also a couple palm nailers.
1.  A mini-nailer for smaller jobs.
2. Another palm-nailer with various noses and tools---
Nose pieces---short and long-nose (for long reach) for regular nail heads and finishing nails; a half-inch size for large diameter head nails and roofing nails, & hammer-head and a chisel.
This is the cats pajamas for unlimited tasks.
The chisel can perform numerous chiseling tasks very rapidly---like in chiseling and scraping.
Removing tile, and the like, is a breeze.

150-200 ft of hose, on separate reels.
3/8 size hose on the main spool, and a 1/4 hose on an auxiliary spool.

I primarily leave the compressor in the garage, and run hoses to the area I'm working, and just take along the applicable tools for the job or task at hand.

The noisy compressor can stay in the garage, and I run the hoses out, as needed.
The added hose length also gives me the extra air storage capacity.

Works for me.
Makita MAC 2400 air compressor and Hitachi framing, finish and brad nailers are my choice. Check out Reconditioned Sales for Hitachi reconditioned nailers. I bought all mine for less than 1/2 their regular price. Most look brand new. Compressor is now on sale for $232 at Amazon.com with free shipping. I paid $300 two months ago. Absolutely love it. Rugged and quiet as compared to other compressors I have seen.
Take a good look at Harbor Freight for highly discounted power and hand tools

Ingersol Rand comp.

Senco nailers and hoses.(3/8" I believe)

I did alot of research on compressors and

found this brand to be the best for the money.

Of course Senco is # 1 for nailers.

I have a Harbor Freight twin Tank Compressor  that was on sale at $69 and a 30 year old Sears Compressor 11 Gal that runs on 220.

I have a Senco Framing nailer, A Dewalt 15 Guage and 18 Guage nailers and a Hitachi 18 Guage nailer.  I love the Hitachi but I must admit the rest have worked quite well for me.

If you do any small trim work, you need a micro pinner! They are worth every penny. Check in to it. Most of the time,you can't even see the hole it puts in the wood. Usually doesn't need filling. They work great with holding together small pieces until the glue dries. I'm a finish,trim carpenter and it helps with miters now and then. Also, a good tool to have around is one of those multi x type tools(like the fein sander). I have the Rockwell and it's solid. It will last a long time.

henryp7768 said:

I have a Harbor Freight twin Tank Compressor  that was on sale at $69 and a 30 year old Sears Compressor 11 Gal that runs on 220.

I have a Senco Framing nailer, A Dewalt 15 Guage and 18 Guage nailers and a Hitachi 18 Guage nailer.  I love the Hitachi but I must admit the rest have worked quite well for me.

Plus 1 on the micro pinner. Especially handy for pinning MDF or hardboard router templates to workpiece instead of double sided tape. Just have to make sure you use short enough pins to get them back out, Tenacious little devils.

Jeff Johnson said:

If you do any small trim work, you need a micro pinner! They are worth every penny. Check in to it. Most of the time,you can't even see the hole it puts in the wood. Usually doesn't need filling. They work great with holding together small pieces until the glue dries. I'm a finish,trim carpenter and it helps with miters now and then. Also, a good tool to have around is one of those multi x type tools(like the fein sander). I have the Rockwell and it's solid. It will last a long time.

henryp7768 said:

I have the same kit, but I lucked out whenI got mine.  They included a pin nailer in the one that I got a few years back and they have all worked great!!!
Glad you like yours Justin! I don't know what i did before I bought mine. It opens up a whole new world doesn't it?
I have the combo kit and the porter cable framing nailer. The pancake compressor has no problem keeping up with the framing nailer.
Since my last posting I found the Husky Micro Pinner, Finish Nailer, and Framing Nailer as a set for $99.64 or so and got a $4.5 Galon air compresson on sale as well for about $100.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Need Help?

For Technical Support, please call 800-447-8638 or send a message. Reps are available Monday through Friday from 8am to 5pm CST. 

Videos

• Add Videos

Forum

Jig settings for 2 ¾ x 1 ½ boards with 30 degree miters?

I making a hex ring out of 2x4s ripped to 2 ¾ inches wide with 30 degree miters.  What setting on the Jig should I used? 1 ½ is too much.  Thanks.Continue

Started by Patrick Halinski in Kreg Jig® Operation Dec 30, 2023.

40mm Cup Hinge Jig Question

Hi All.....I have the 35mm Kreg Jig hinge drill guide. The guide is great for 35mm Hinge Cups, but I have a speciality 40MM hinge cup to drill.Has anyone adapted the Kreg guide to work with 40mm Forsner drill bits? Or have a guide that works…Continue

Started by Ed Anderson in Beginners' Zone Oct 3, 2023.

Product Reviews

New Kreg 720Pro

I saw the video Kreg put out for this new jig and had high hopes for it.

I purchased one today and am very disappointed with it.

First the docking station is extremely cheap. The plastic is pathetic. A Lego has more…

Continue

Posted by Duke Leon on February 15, 2021 at 9:00pm

Not Pleased With Pocket Hole Construction

Several months ago, I purchased the Kreg K4MS so that I could build the Lego Table as outlined on the companion "buildsomething" web site which exclusively uses pocket hole construction.  I have considerable experience with conventional…

Continue

Posted by Robert Ringel on September 17, 2020 at 1:48pm — 9 Comments

© 2024   Created by KregRep.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service

_