Kreg Owners' Community

 I need everyones help. I had that bad accident we all dread. Severe damage to three fingers on the right hand. First finger split in half running about one inch deep from side to side. Middle finger severed nerves, shattered the bone, and exposed bone in 4 or five places. Ring finger nerves severed, bone turned to dust from the impact. I believe the little finger suffered some nerve damage as well.

      I need to find out about a saw stop, where can I grt one, will it retrofit on a Craftsman Contractors saw? If any of you have that information please contact me. I got home today, it happened yesterday morning. This may be irelivant, not sure of how much function I have left.  I will keep everyone posted on my progress. Typing lefty is not a lot of fun and not very fast.

 

William Steinfeldt

 

 

Views: 656

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi - Sorry to hear about your accident. I don't believe the system is retrofittable. You will need to purchase the entire unit.

Here's a link google pulled up for a LOT of info on it:

http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&aq=0&oq=saw...

Dude, that's aweful.  Here's to a speedy recovery!

 

There is, or at least will be, an aftermarket alternative...http://thewoodwhisperer.com/a-sawstop-killer/

Here...

http://www.whirlwindtool.com/

William, I just saw the post about your accident.  I am very sorry and sincerely wishing  you a speedy and full recovery. 

 Table saws and radial arm saws are the loaded guns for all wood workers.  It is the one thing that can happen to any of us.  It happens in milli-seconds and none of us are ever totally safe from cuts and kick-backs.

 I don't know too much about the saw stops and only hope industry gets more safety devices before more suffer accidents.  I know the saw called saw stop is one of which has a built in feature that is built in  when it is marketed.  Not sure about after market units for other saws as to where or not they actually work or not.  Geoff gave you the only websites that I know about that offer any information about them.. 

Again I'm truly sorry and wish you a speedy recovery.     

I am grateful for your kind words. Monday will give us a lot more informaion as to just how bad it is. Whatever the outcome I will still work with wood. Again I thank you very much.

Jay Boutwell said:

William, I just saw the post about your accident.  I am very sorry and sincerely wishing  you a speedy and full recovery. 

 Table saws and radial arm saws are the loaded guns for all wood workers.  It is the one thing that can happen to any of us.  It happens in milli-seconds and none of us are ever totally safe from cuts and kick-backs.

 I don't know too much about the saw stops and only hope industry gets more safety devices before more suffer accidents.  I know the saw called saw stop is one of which has a built in feature that is built in  when it is marketed.  Not sure about after market units for other saws as to where or not they actually work or not.  Geoff gave you the only websites that I know about that offer any information about them.. 

Again I'm truly sorry and wish you a speedy recovery.     

Please keep me informed, you and yours will be in my thoughts and prayers.



William Steinfeldt said:

I am grateful for your kind words. Monday will give us a lot more informaion as to just how bad it is. Whatever the outcome I will still work with wood. Again I thank you very much.

Jay Boutwell said:

William, I just saw the post about your accident.  I am very sorry and sincerely wishing  you a speedy and full recovery. 

 Table saws and radial arm saws are the loaded guns for all wood workers.  It is the one thing that can happen to any of us.  It happens in milli-seconds and none of us are ever totally safe from cuts and kick-backs.

 I don't know too much about the saw stops and only hope industry gets more safety devices before more suffer accidents.  I know the saw called saw stop is one of which has a built in feature that is built in  when it is marketed.  Not sure about after market units for other saws as to where or not they actually work or not.  Geoff gave you the only websites that I know about that offer any information about them.. 

Again I'm truly sorry and wish you a speedy recovery.     

Thank you for your concern, I will keep everyone posted.

Geoff Simpson said:

Dude, that's aweful.  Here's to a speedy recovery!

 

There is, or at least will be, an aftermarket alternative...http://thewoodwhisperer.com/a-sawstop-killer/

Here...

http://www.whirlwindtool.com/

Hi William, I hope you have a quick and uneventfull recovery. Awhile back I was a victim of a kickback injury, and I had a really smooth recovery, Hope your's goes the same way.

I don't think there is any sort of retrofit for other saws as far as saw stop is concerned. Over the weekend I saw a saw stop demostration it was amazing, although that's alot of money to put out. Maybe over aa period of time the price will come down and the hobbiest and the person trying to make a livelyhood out of this woodworking thing will be able to afford one.

Again I'm so sorry to hear about your injury and please keep us posted about how your doing

hiya william i too like others who are concern wish u a speedy full recovery please keep us posted on how u doing and again sorry to hear about your injury.

Hey William - really sorry to hear about your accident.  Wishing you a quick and full recovery...  This is a real wake up call to me and all of us that we just can't be too careful... Slow down and be safe out there...  

Keep us updated on your healing.

Thanks Ken, you are so very right, everyone slow down, be safe and be SAFE. I lost concentration for half a second and I am paying for it.

Ken Mooney said:

Hey William - really sorry to hear about your accident.  Wishing you a quick and full recovery...  This is a real wake up call to me and all of us that we just can't be too careful... Slow down and be safe out there...  

Keep us updated on your healing.

Thanks Ron

ronald gagnon said:
hiya william i too like others who are concern wish u a speedy full recovery please keep us posted on how u doing and again sorry to hear about your injury.


ray vile said:

Hi William, I hope you have a quick and uneventfull recovery. Awhile back I was a victim of a kickback injury, and I had a really smooth recovery, Hope your's goes the same way.

I don't think there is any sort of retrofit for other saws as far as saw stop is concerned. Over the weekend I saw a saw stop demostration it was amazing, although that's alot of money to put out. Maybe over aa period of time the price will come down and the hobbiest and the person trying to make a livelyhood out of this woodworking thing will be able to afford one.

Again I'm so sorry to hear about your injury and please keep us posted about how your doingRay, thank you for your support, I did write to Whirlwind and am awaiting a reply, I will update any information I get from them. Thanks again for your kind words.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Need Help?

For Technical Support, please call 800-447-8638 or send a message. Reps are available Monday through Friday from 8am to 5pm CST. 

Videos

  • Add Videos
  • View All

Forum

Pantry slides for heavy application

  Recently purchased two 96" tall pantry cabinets that are 23" deep that only came with two adjustable shelves and two fixed, (one at about 55" and one at the very bottom).  Shelf holes in the walls are drilled 2" O.C.  Like most store-bought…Continue

Tags: drawer, slides, pantry, pull-out, 75-Lb

Started by Paul Coon in General Woodworking Aug 11.

Miter Saw Recommendation 1 Reply

I’m looking to upgrade my miter saw. I’m willing to invest a good amount of money to get one with the precision pocket hole joinery requires. Would anyone like to offer a recommended model?

Started by Joe Racz in Beginners' Zone. Last reply by Scott Davison Oct 6.

Product Reviews

New Kreg 720Pro

I saw the video Kreg put out for this new jig and had high hopes for it.

I purchased one today and am very disappointed with it.

First the docking station is extremely cheap. The plastic is pathetic. A Lego has more…

Continue

Posted by Duke Leon on February 15, 2021 at 9:00pm

Not Pleased With Pocket Hole Construction

Several months ago, I purchased the Kreg K4MS so that I could build the Lego Table as outlined on the companion "buildsomething" web site which exclusively uses pocket hole construction.  I have considerable experience with conventional…

Continue

Posted by Robert Ringel on September 17, 2020 at 1:48pm — 8 Comments

© 2021   Created by KregRep.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service

_