Kreg Owners' Community

Hello, does anyone know where i can get spare drill bits on line for a jack rabbit? I tried the manufacturers site and they say the bits are unavailable. I would appreciate some help because i'm rapidly running out of bits for the best drill and drive set i've ever owned.

Thanks.

Views: 610

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I dunno if they have open stock parts for the thing but Hartville tool is still selling them. May give them a shot

http://www.hartvilletool.com/product/181/jack-rabbit-drill-and-drive

If the mfg says they are unavailable though, they may not be selling them as individual parts.

Are they breaking or only thers work with the jig?

Try Rockler---

they offer something similar, that may suffice.

Our best set for any drilling application! 18-piece Rockler/Insty-Drive self-centering and countersink set lets you convert from drilling and countersinking to installing perfectly centered hinge screws in a matter of seconds — without re-chucking any bits!

Rockler/Insty-Drive 18 Piece Self-Centering & Countersink Set

http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?page=10605&site=ROCKLER



Gary roofner said:

Are they breaking or only thers work with the jig?

They are excellent drill bits but due to wear and tear they sometimes snap especially when drilling at an angle. It's not that i'm rough with them or any of my hand or power tools it's just that breakages are part and parcel of serious woodworking. I've owned and used a lot of  drill and drive sets and the jack rabbit is the best by far. The only problem is replacing the drill bits.


I tried hartville tool and they have replacement parts but they don't stock one of the bits i need, it's the #8 or 1/8'' drill bit and they only ship to the U.S.A, Canada and Mexico. Thanks anyway,
John Schaben said:

I dunno if they have open stock parts for the thing but Hartville tool is still selling them. May give them a shot

http://www.hartvilletool.com/product/181/jack-rabbit-drill-and-drive

If the mfg says they are unavailable though, they may not be selling them as individual parts.

Hmm, no member profile on this forum. Helpful to include at least a general location so we can filter our suggestions. Most other forums I'm on have a member profile so at least the country can be shared. Some also provide a place to list things like tools available. Really helps with queries like this.

thetoolnut said:


I tried hartville tool and they have replacement parts but they don't stock one of the bits i need, it's the #8 or 1/8'' drill bit and they only ship to the U.S.A, Canada and Mexico. Thanks anyway,
John Schaben said:

I dunno if they have open stock parts for the thing but Hartville tool is still selling them. May give them a shot

http://www.hartvilletool.com/product/181/jack-rabbit-drill-and-drive

If the mfg says they are unavailable though, they may not be selling them as individual parts.

I live in Ireland, some American sites like Toolking and Ace international will ship to Europe. Failing that what i've done in the past is to use a friends U.S.A postal address and he then sends the package on to me. Thanks.

John Schaben said:

Hmm, no member profile on this forum. Helpful to include at least a general location so we can filter our suggestions. Most other forums I'm on have a member profile so at least the country can be shared. Some also provide a place to list things like tools available. Really helps with queries like this.

thetoolnut said:


I tried hartville tool and they have replacement parts but they don't stock one of the bits i need, it's the #8 or 1/8'' drill bit and they only ship to the U.S.A, Canada and Mexico. Thanks anyway,
John Schaben said:

I dunno if they have open stock parts for the thing but Hartville tool is still selling them. May give them a shot

http://www.hartvilletool.com/product/181/jack-rabbit-drill-and-drive

If the mfg says they are unavailable though, they may not be selling them as individual parts.

Jack rabbit appear to have ceased trading. Pity, that's two of the best drill and drive sets i've ever had rendered useless.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Need Help?

For Technical Support, please call 800-447-8638 or send a message. Reps are available Monday through Friday from 8am to 5pm CST. 

Videos

  • Add Videos
  • View All

Forum

Free Track Horse & Extension Brackets with Purchase of ACS

Seems like I always buy to soon and miss the free stuff!! Just bought mine in August.…Continue

Started by Robert P Trower in Other Kreg® Products Oct 7.

Piston Support for my Farmhouse cabinet 2 Replies

I have built a large Farmhouse cabinet for our kitchen using pocket holes of course. LOL. I used a 48" piano hinge for the 23"x57" door (an old window I found at the local antique shop).I want to add pistons or some other method to hold the window…Continue

Started by Ed Merrill in Beginners' Zone. Last reply by Ed Merrill Oct 5.

Product Reviews

My K4 Master System

I picked up the K4MS from Home Depot about 3 months ago, I was looking for a small filing cabinet for under my desk and nothing I looked at would fit or they wanted big money for it, my wife said “why don’t you just build your own then you will…

Continue

Posted by Randy W. Lush on August 25, 2019 at 12:30pm

K5 Review

I really like the k5 it is faster to change from different size of screws. I hesitated to update because of some of the reviews about the dust collection hook up. That to me one of the improvements it works perfect no dust to cleanup .…

Continue

Posted by Gary roofner on April 5, 2019 at 10:02am

© 2019   Created by KregRep.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service

_