Kreg Owners' Community

At Kreg, we make it our top priority is to ensure that our customers get real use out of their Kreg products. The tips and tricks provided in the Kreg Plus Newsletter, Kreg Jig Project Plans, educational videos on YouTube, and the forums found right here on the Kreg Jig Owners Community are all designed to add to your woodworking success.

What we'd like to know from you, is how we can improve...
Do you find the Kreg Jig Owners Community helpful?
Could you have used more detailed instructions with a product?
How was the product packaging and materials included?
Are there any tools you need that we aren't yet offering?
Is it difficult to find accessories at your local store?
Is the newsletter content too simple? Too complex?
What other content would you like to see included in the newsletter?
Were the Kreg Trim Carpentry videos useful to you?

Please use this thread to give the Kreg Family a better idea of what you need in order to advance on your woodworking journey, and to let us know where we're succeeding so far. Thanks!

Views: 7003

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The Kreg Jig JR. Sells for $40.00. Not familiar with the K2 so I cannot give you any suggestions there.

Pat Meeuwissen said:
I need the ability to work with 2x4 material and have a K2 which will only work with 1/2 - 3/4 I can only have screws on one side so the drill pockets on both sides will not work. Is there another solution besides buying another $140 tool? Thanks Pat
SHARE PLANS, pictures only-may be worth 10,000 words, but share plans!!!
Sir:
I concur with this comment about the white markings. For what seems to be an otherwise well thought out device this flour/water business is rather a Mickey Mouse solution to the problem, is it not? This in view of the the fact that the promos show that it can and, indeed, has been manufactured that way.

Regards,
Bill Allingham
Robert Sokol said:
I have had the Jr. for a couple of years & just picked up the K3 Master System yesterday along with the Klamp Table & some extras. These are great tools overall. A few things that would make it even better in my opinion...

1) Some of the promos show the markings in white. I have 20/15 vision but I immediately see how the white markings would be helpful. As a Band-Aid fix, I could probably run White Out over the surface & wipe it away with an alcohol wipe. The White Out will mostly stay in the recesses

Here's the technique I would suggest!
1) Mix equal parts flour and water (2-3 tablespoons should be adequate) into a paste.
2) Carefully rub the paste into the Kreg Jig® markings with your finger.
3) Wipe away the excess paste with a very lightly dampened cloth.
4) The paste mixture will harden over time. Repeat if necessary.
Greetings to all: I know this subject comes up from time to time. What about a Kreg Tool Plug Cutter. Based about like the Pocket Hole Jig only with a plug cutter that fits in it. Sometimes I purchase the Kreg plugs, but sometimes I like to make some that match my material. I make them like my neighbors do, but it would be nice to have a better setup. Just my two cents. T
I have found so many Kreg items at Amazon.com and the pricing is very comparable to that at HD or at Lowes (if they carry any at all).
I order all of my screws and videos and clamps from Amazon.com.
Great place to start to "gather" supplies for your Kreg product :)

Lance
Yesterday was my first project with my new Kreg Jig. My plan was to make 5 new raised planter boxes for the yard. Trip to HD for wood and...to my surprise they had composite decking $4 for a 5' length. There were 16 of them, and I didn't have to cut anything! Came home with them and started to work. The pocket drilling went off without a problem but the screwing in part was less than desirable. Once the screw penetrated the second board, it would push it away from the screw...unlike the videos which would draw it closer together! I used the right angle clamp but it simply would hold the clamped area but the screw would press the board backwards. Another problem was holding the project in place while pressing the boards together, as well as, pressing the drill hard against the piece. All that could be completed was one box. It was a frustrating experience to say the least. This morning I finished two more boxes. The last box was a giant problem. When drilling the pocket, the drill went too far in and when screwed, the screw went all the way through the hole. I am not sure how to proceed so I just put everything away. I'm extremely disappointed and frustrated.

I am assuming that the problem is composite and that it behaves differently than the wood might. I used the coarse screws and they didn't want to penetrate the boards. I went tonight and purchased some composite decking screws and will finish it the old fashioned way I guess. Any suggestions?
I'm having trouble finding Kreg interior screws, plenty of exterior screws around but no interior.
David L. Martin said:
I'm having trouble finding Kreg interior screws, plenty of exterior screws around but no interior.

Try amazon.com They have practically any screw you need for the Kreg system.
hi none of the local stores in my area carry kreg tools or screws have to drive 2hrs tothe close's lowe'sbe nice to be able to at lease get the srews atthe local truevakue or walmart there only 30min. drive lol
Here is my Table Saw & Router Table (see attached photo). The router table top measures 48" x 48" x 1-1/2" with the router centered on the table, it sure makes it nice when raising panels by having a nice wide table to lay the panel on and not have to rely on a 'modified' tall fence...

Speaking of fences, it'd be great if Kreg would make a version of the PRS1010 Precision Router Table Fence to fit such a router table.

(Although the web description is a bit misleading:
"Get real precision on any router table. Single-side universal mounting design allows the fence to be securely attached to any router table top from ¾” to 1-½” thick")
;-) just a little good natured "ribbing"
Attachments:
Joe, would the Precision Router Table Fence just need to be longer for your application?

Joe said:
Here is my Table Saw & Router Table (see attached photo). The router table top measures 48" x 48" x 1-1/2" with the router centered on the table, it sure makes it nice when raising panels by having a nice wide table to lay the panel on and not have to rely on a 'modified' tall fence...

Speaking of fences, it'd be great if Kreg would make a version of the PRS1010 Precision Router Table Fence to fit such a router table.

"Get real precision on any router table. Single-side universal mounting design allows the fence to be securely attached to any router table top from ¾” to 1-½” thick")
Yes, it would need to be 48" long, but the "Tee" part that mounts to the table would have to be about 24" long.

Derek said:
Joe, would the Precision Router Table Fence just need to be longer for your application?

Joe said:

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Need Help?

For Technical Support, please call 800-447-8638 or send a message. Reps are available Monday through Friday from 8am to 5pm CST. 

Videos

• Add Videos

Forum

Jig settings for 2 ¾ x 1 ½ boards with 30 degree miters?

I making a hex ring out of 2x4s ripped to 2 ¾ inches wide with 30 degree miters.  What setting on the Jig should I used? 1 ½ is too much.  Thanks.Continue

Started by Patrick Halinski in Kreg Jig® Operation Dec 30, 2023.

40mm Cup Hinge Jig Question

Hi All.....I have the 35mm Kreg Jig hinge drill guide. The guide is great for 35mm Hinge Cups, but I have a speciality 40MM hinge cup to drill.Has anyone adapted the Kreg guide to work with 40mm Forsner drill bits? Or have a guide that works…Continue

Started by Ed Anderson in Beginners' Zone Oct 3, 2023.

Product Reviews

New Kreg 720Pro

I saw the video Kreg put out for this new jig and had high hopes for it.

I purchased one today and am very disappointed with it.

First the docking station is extremely cheap. The plastic is pathetic. A Lego has more…

Continue

Posted by Duke Leon on February 15, 2021 at 9:00pm

Not Pleased With Pocket Hole Construction

Several months ago, I purchased the Kreg K4MS so that I could build the Lego Table as outlined on the companion "buildsomething" web site which exclusively uses pocket hole construction.  I have considerable experience with conventional…

Continue

Posted by Robert Ringel on September 17, 2020 at 1:48pm — 9 Comments

© 2024   Created by KregRep.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service

_