Kreg Owners' Community

Welcome to the Kreg Owners' Community!

This thread is the best place to introduce yourself and let other Community members get to know you. Please include your name, where you're from, your experience building with wood, why you joined this Community, and any other interesting facts about yourself. Also, feel free to share links to your blog, personal website, etc.

Once you've introduced yourself, be sure to check out Helpful Tips for New Members.

We hope that you find great use and enjoyment from the Kreg Owners' Community!

-KregRep

Views: 76989

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi everyone my name is George I live in Norwood Pa,
I have been building custom home for 47 years I have had my shop for about 35 years.
I just work in the shop now and my son's build the custom homes now.
I do alot of custom work like stairs,mantels and custom framing for about 21 builders
I have alot of kreg jigs in the shop and on our trucks.The builders workers love to see me come to see what new Kreg jig I have. It makes my job so much easier.
Hello! I am a new member (live in Alabama) and would like to have a simple plan for a kitchen step stool. I would appreciate any help.

Charles
HELLO, MY NAME IS BOB I LIVE IN OCALA FL. I AM A RETIRED FIREFIGHTER BEEN IN TO WOODWORKING FOR A LONG TIME . THAT IS IT FOR NOW
Michael D. Robinson
638 Wilson St., Waterbury Ct. 06708
Home phone: 203-755-2488, Cell phone: 203-592-3900
Ark638@sbcglobal.net

Accomplishments: Youth Build Bridge Ct. (Instructor) 5-3-10 to present
Instructor for Ct. Carpenters Apprenticeship and Training. 1999 -2010
Taught Carpentry curriculum Classes included metal studs and sheetrock, wood framing, suspended ceiling, panic hardware, basic hand-tool use, concrete work.
Other responsibly included computer entry of student’s progress and tests, development of class curriculums, prepping and ordering class materials, and development of projects and tests for each class. Taught skill enhancement programs for journeymen carpenters and pre apprentice classes for the Permanent Commission for the Status of Women.

Forman for Grand Union Supermarkets, 1997-1998

Carpenter 1986-1996
Performed all aspects of carpentry including (concrete, dry wall framing, ceiling installment, door panic hardware etc.) for various contractors.

Education/Training:
Kaynor Technical High School, Diploma (Carpentry) 1976

Trade School Instructor Certification Course Work:
Penn St.distance education, 3/05/04 to 1/09/07, 9 credits, GPA: 3.98/4.00
Assessment Techniques, Intergraded Curriculum Implementation, Program/ Facilities Management
Naugatuck Valley Community College, 2/2008, 3 credits GPA 4.00/4.00, Introduction to Communication

Additional Certifications/Training and Train the trainer classes:
Building Analyst Professional 9-16-10
Fall Protection in Accordance with OSHA 1926 CFR, subpart M 08/2009
Table Saw Safety and Techniques 08/09
First-Aid, CPR, AED certification 6/09
Hilti and Ramset Powder Actuated Tool Safety 02/09
Making Effective Presentations with PowerPoint 08/22/08
OSHA 502, 24 Hour Safety and Health Course (OSHA Outreach Training) 03/08
Millwright 16-Hour Safety Course 03/08
OSHA Disaster Site Trainer 03/08 (expires 03/12)
Aerial Lift Operator qualification 04/07
Ingersoll Rand Hardware Installation Certification 08/06
Powered Industrial Truck Operator 01/06
Home Inspection Business for 6 years, before 2006

Community activities: Served as a member on the Good Jobs Partnership Advisory Board,
Promoted hiring from local communities for construction projects for the City of Waterbury, served on V-tech committee for Kaynor Technical High School, volunteered to build scenery for Magical Movements Dance Studios,
Volunteered carpentry services for Tinker Elementary School for school functions.

Personal:
Married for 30 years, have two daughters in college, and have lived in Waterbury all my life.
Own and manage 2 multi-family homes
Hi, some people call me Moe (short for Moraima). We live in Clermont, FL. My husband and I were introduced to Kreg during a cabinet making class at the local Woodcraft store.

We're not as woodworking savy, as those with photos on this website. We've use the Kreg to build 2 small cabinets, repair furniture, build a sitting bench, build a (very rustic) workbench, and other simple projects as well as playing woodworking with our grandchildren, teaching them what little I know.

Thank you for letting me join.
Moe
Hello my name is M.G. Smith Jr. I go by Smitty. I've been wood working most of my life, off and on over the years. I used a Kreg at work and thought to myself daily "I gotta get one of these" you know the feeling when you see that special tool and want one for yourself. I bought one a few months ago, yet to think of what I want to build with it. I have been looking at pictures on here, you all are good... I hope I win the router table, keep your fingers crossed for me...
Smitty
My name is Sue and I live in Pittsburgh. I have done some woodworking and a fair amount of DIY. I have built a trio of cabinets for my garage with the Kreg jig and have plans to build some more detailed cabinets for my master bath with it. I found it fairly easy to use and am quite happy with the results. Really, right now I consider myself more a tool collector than a woodworker but hope to do more woodworking in the future.
Hello, My name is Jim Vinson from Montgomey, AL. I have been doing woodworking for many years, but only since the four years I have been retired have I gotten more into it. I have been looking into getting a pocket hole joinery jig for some times, so I decided it was no better time than the present. I have received and mounted my jig and look forward to using it in the near future.
Hello, My name is Steve and I live in East Meadow, NY. I have been doing woodwork for over 30 years as a professional sample maker for the POP display industry. I just recently picked up the Kreg 3 Master System.The joints made are clean and strong. This has opened up many possibilities for a much neater assembly in semi-permanent and permanent display furniture.
Hello, my name is Gus and I live in NC. Started woodworking last year with mostly a bunch of tools my Dad was getting rid of. I am an engineer so I find woodworking therapeutic after a long day on the computer. Made my first wall cabinet with the help of the Kreg Jig Jr. I was very pleased with the face frame I made with it. Just tore out my kitchen counters and planning on repurposing one of the old tops by building a base cabinet for the laundry room. Will post pics of my router table I am working on when finished.
Hello My name is Arthur I live in Memphis TN I have only doen two woodworking projects. My first was a workbench and the second was the Lowes shop class castle book case which i havent finished
Hey Jim,
How about posting a picture of how you mounted your Kreg Jig?

John Allen

James Vinson said:
Hello, My name is Jim Vinson from Montgomey, AL. I have been doing woodworking for many years, but only since the four years I have been retired have I gotten more into it. I have been looking into getting a pocket hole joinery jig for some times, so I decided it was no better time than the present. I have received and mounted my jig and look forward to using it in the near future.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Need Help?

For Technical Support, please call 800-447-8638 or send a message. Reps are available Monday through Friday from 8am to 5pm CST. 

Videos

• Add Videos

Forum

Jig settings for 2 ¾ x 1 ½ boards with 30 degree miters?

I making a hex ring out of 2x4s ripped to 2 ¾ inches wide with 30 degree miters.  What setting on the Jig should I used? 1 ½ is too much.  Thanks.Continue

Started by Patrick Halinski in Kreg Jig® Operation Dec 30, 2023.

40mm Cup Hinge Jig Question

Hi All.....I have the 35mm Kreg Jig hinge drill guide. The guide is great for 35mm Hinge Cups, but I have a speciality 40MM hinge cup to drill.Has anyone adapted the Kreg guide to work with 40mm Forsner drill bits? Or have a guide that works…Continue

Started by Ed Anderson in Beginners' Zone Oct 3, 2023.

Product Reviews

New Kreg 720Pro

I saw the video Kreg put out for this new jig and had high hopes for it.

I purchased one today and am very disappointed with it.

First the docking station is extremely cheap. The plastic is pathetic. A Lego has more…

Continue

Posted by Duke Leon on February 15, 2021 at 9:00pm

Not Pleased With Pocket Hole Construction

Several months ago, I purchased the Kreg K4MS so that I could build the Lego Table as outlined on the companion "buildsomething" web site which exclusively uses pocket hole construction.  I have considerable experience with conventional…

Continue

Posted by Robert Ringel on September 17, 2020 at 1:48pm — 9 Comments

© 2024   Created by KregRep.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service

_