Kreg Owners' Community

Welcome to the Kreg Owners' Community!
 
This thread is the best place to introduce yourself and let other Community members get to know you. Please include your name, where you're from, your experience building with wood, why you joined this Community, and any other interesting facts about yourself. Also, feel free to share links to your blog, personal website, etc.

Once you've introduced yourself, be sure to check out Helpful Tips for New Members.

We hope that you find great use and enjoyment from the Kreg Owners' Community!

-KregRep

Views: 75281

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

hi im JOBY   this is my first time with pocket joinery  I like the Kreg system a lot and have been  busy making a desk  I mope to learn a lot in these forums  Thanx  JONY

Hello,

My name is Mike and I live in PA. I am a woodworker/cabinetmaker by trade, have been since high school woodshop. Currently work in a custom woodworking shop. I have always done traditional woodworking joints, mortise and tenon, dodo, rabbet, spline, and when called for dowel, screw, biscuit and such. I haven't used pocket-hole joints much. Recently purchased Kreg Jig K5. Looking forward to pocket-hole joints made easy with the K5. Joined community to stay informed and offer some input. 

Welcome Mike !!

Hi my name is Jim. I live in the Great State of Maine. I consider myself a starter wood worker, even though I have been doing odds and ends for 40 years. At this point in my life I am a Real Estate Broker. I did a pocket joinery project about 3 years ago that came out pretty well. It amazes my the projects you can do with the Kreg tool. Just looking for projects that can make life easy.

Attachments:

Hi, my name is Kimbra, my husband Randy and I found this site while planning for building a woodshop this spring.   There are plenty of fix it jobs waiting for us to tackle after the shop is built, we are putting up a 30 by 40 metal building that will be insulated and finished inside.    We have the option of adding a loft area with stairs and would like a bathroom/ kitchenette on one end.

We live in SE Kansas on a farm/ranch where we raise cattle, crops and hay. I have taken a few woodworking classes and like to build projects that I can use or diy home improvement for us or our grown up kids.

Does anyone have any great advice for us before we dig the concrete foundation?  Anything you would do before building a woodshop?  We appreciate your response and sharing your ideas.

 

Greetings, my name is Ken. I live in Madison County, Virginia and I have been doing woodworking on and off for many years from small projects to bookcases and hutches. It is a great hobby and i know the Kreg system will make my future projects easier and more secure. Irecently purchased the Kreg master kit and looking forward to new projects

Hello my name is Lloyd from Minnesota and purchased a Kreg jig so I could build some dinning room chairs. If you have some or know where i could get some plans let me know thanks

 Hello Lloyd,  www.woodworkersjournal.com  they have cd's with all kind of projects !!  rockler, peachtree, woodcraft all have projects & plans as well.

lloyd kiihn said:

Hello my name is Lloyd from Minnesota and purchased a Kreg jig so I could build some dinning room chairs. If you have some or know where i could get some plans let me know thanks

Look in the right hand column for info, and the tool companies as to how to set up a workshop that fits your needs !!

Kimbra Brunk said:

Hi, my name is Kimbra, my husband Randy and I found this site while planning for building a woodshop this spring.   There are plenty of fix it jobs waiting for us to tackle after the shop is built, we are putting up a 30 by 40 metal building that will be insulated and finished inside.    We have the option of adding a loft area with stairs and would like a bathroom/ kitchenette on one end.

We live in SE Kansas on a farm/ranch where we raise cattle, crops and hay. I have taken a few woodworking classes and like to build projects that I can use or diy home improvement for us or our grown up kids.

Does anyone have any great advice for us before we dig the concrete foundation?  Anything you would do before building a woodshop?  We appreciate your response and sharing your ideas.

 

Hello, My name is Shawn and I live in Florida. I usually don't work with wood, as I am a welder/Fabricator by trade. I always am up to learn new things especially when it can save me money in the end. I usually do most everything myself and it always seems to work out for me, I'm not a know it all , I just  do my research before jumping into things. So don't be surprised if I try to pick your brain . 

I am looking for the plans to build the table for Big Green Egg. How do I get them?

Go here........... 
http://www.biggreenegg.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/BGE-TP-LARGE.pdf
John Powell said:

I am looking for the plans to build the table for Big Green Egg. How do I get them?

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Need Help?

For Technical Support, please call 800-447-8638 or send a message. Reps are available Monday through Friday from 8am to 5pm CST. 

Videos

  • Add Videos
  • View All

Forum

Pantry slides for heavy application

  Recently purchased two 96" tall pantry cabinets that are 23" deep that only came with two adjustable shelves and two fixed, (one at about 55" and one at the very bottom).  Shelf holes in the walls are drilled 2" O.C.  Like most store-bought…Continue

Tags: drawer, slides, pantry, pull-out, 75-Lb

Started by Paul Coon in General Woodworking Aug 11.

Miter Saw Recommendation 1 Reply

I’m looking to upgrade my miter saw. I’m willing to invest a good amount of money to get one with the precision pocket hole joinery requires. Would anyone like to offer a recommended model?

Started by Joe Racz in Beginners' Zone. Last reply by Scott Davison Oct 6.

Product Reviews

New Kreg 720Pro

I saw the video Kreg put out for this new jig and had high hopes for it.

I purchased one today and am very disappointed with it.

First the docking station is extremely cheap. The plastic is pathetic. A Lego has more…

Continue

Posted by Duke Leon on February 15, 2021 at 9:00pm

Not Pleased With Pocket Hole Construction

Several months ago, I purchased the Kreg K4MS so that I could build the Lego Table as outlined on the companion "buildsomething" web site which exclusively uses pocket hole construction.  I have considerable experience with conventional…

Continue

Posted by Robert Ringel on September 17, 2020 at 1:48pm — 8 Comments

© 2021   Created by KregRep.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service

_