Kreg Owners' Community

Welcome to the Kreg Owners' Community!

This thread is the best place to introduce yourself and let other Community members get to know you. Please include your name, where you're from, your experience building with wood, why you joined this Community, and any other interesting facts about yourself. Also, feel free to share links to your blog, personal website, etc.

Once you've introduced yourself, be sure to check out Helpful Tips for New Members.

We hope that you find great use and enjoyment from the Kreg Owners' Community!

-KregRep

Views: 75960

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Howdy All. My name is Chris and I live in Southern Ohio. I have been woodworking since I was a small child by my fathers side, building mostly home project, and continue today to teach the art to my two boys. My 4 year old already shows great potential with his first project (a layered cross). I do custom woodworking and antique restoration as a hobby and for other people when they ask. I am a proud owner of several Kreg items, including the Kreg Jig and the Rip Cut, which I use on a regular basis. I have already been asked to build a deck this coming summer so I am sure that I will invest in the Deck Jig as well when the time comes.

Thank you for allowing me to be part of this site and share my creations with you.

JMy name is Steve and I live in Independence, Iowa. I am retired from my 'real' job, but find that I still keep plenty busy with my hobbies. I love to fish, work on computers, and woodwork with hand and power tools. I have completed several different outdoor projects like decks, docks, steps, and benches the old fashioned way. I am starting with a pretty simple over-the-toilet shelf for my daughter's house. My wife enjoys making stained glass and painting, so I see some picture frame making in my future too! I am excited to try this method to improve the appearance of my projects and maintain the strength at the same time.

Hello, my name is Terrence Knight. I retired. Couple of years ago, and started to get interested in cabinet making. The Kreg jigs have really helped in this hobby.

Blake,

There's lots of info, photos, etc, contained in the Kreg Community forums---

take the time and peruse the various subjects and projects files.

There's a ''search'' field in the upper right hand corner of the screen.

Kregs instructions, included with the kits, are a start.  

The instructions provides introduction into Kreg joinery, using basic joints, as well as details for assembly of joints.

TIP: Obtain some pieces of wood, position the pieces together, study it, and figure out how you plan to join those pieces, using the Kreg system.

Works for me.

Blake Olson said:

>>>... I would like to see posts of new ways to use the Kreg system.   .../p>

Hi 

My name is Phil, I have just become a member, Haven't purchased any Kreg jigs as yet, but I am interested in getting some at a later stage.

At the moment I am interested in a Home made CNC router table 4'x8' out of MDF material, But can not find a good detail plan of one, with the base and bill of material.

If anyone can help me please email me a link or attach to the email.

Best regards

Phil Neri

Try CNCZone.com theres a few DIY tables and links to plans

Hello all. My name is Andy and I live in Arizona. I just got started in building things for my wife and around our house. I love the Kreg tool. Best money spent on a tool so far. I am slowly buying the tools I need to keep building. While some things have not turned out so well, I am learning from my mistakes and keep going to make them better.

Hi andy wiseman said he who make no mistake has laid idle.Hope you like the site.

Greetings!

My name is Dan, and I am a curious hobbyist woodworker.  I have worked in construction, and construction management, and I have (almost) completely remodeled my own home.  I started woodworking as a part of my DIY remodeling work.  I live in the western suburbs of Detroit, MI.

Hello, my name is Piotr and I live in London. I am a handyman in a factory. I have recently bought a Kreg Jig and two months ago I started making a desk for my daughter's laptop. I have a passion and determination to create things out of wood which makes it very appealing to me as I like it a lot.

Ola,meu nome e Alberto vivo no Brasil, Uberaba mg , comprei me primeiro kreg da loja jnakao

http://www.jnakao.com.br/ otimo gabarito de furação espero um dia ver uma loja com produtos KREG aqui no brasil obrigado por me aceitarem na comodidade 

http://www.flickr.com/photos/arjmoveisplanejados/

https://www.facebook.com/

Hello all,

My name is Bill and I live in Michigan's thumb area.  I enjoy woodworking and have succesfully  built my own kitchen cabinets.  I have ordered the Kreg K4MS Master system and am eager to build new bed frames for two twin beds as described in the Kreg videos.  I think that building with the Kreg Jig will be fun and make building projects much easier.  I look forward to seeing your projects and showing you mine.  Can;t wait to get started.

Bill

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Need Help?

For Technical Support, please call 800-447-8638 or send a message. Reps are available Monday through Friday from 8am to 5pm CST. 

Videos

• Add Videos

Forum

First time I really had a need for the ACS miter guide.

I've been using my Adaptive Cutting System table for a few years now, and it's been really solid. This past week was the first time I ever needed to use the miter guide though.I was rebuilding some shelving in a tiny closet and I discovered the…Continue

Tags: ACS

Started by Adam in General Woodworking May 6.

What thread and size screw to use 2 Replies

I am building a small trunk for a military friend to put some belongings in. I have made legs out of ash hardwood and will make the sides out of 1/2” or 3/4” Baltic birch plywood. The legs are 1.5” thick by 2” wide. So since I’m drilling pockets in…Continue

Started by Mike Bohannon in Beginners' Zone. Last reply by Jay Boutwell Apr 19.

Product Reviews

New Kreg 720Pro

I saw the video Kreg put out for this new jig and had high hopes for it.

I purchased one today and am very disappointed with it.

First the docking station is extremely cheap. The plastic is pathetic. A Lego has more…

Continue

Posted by Duke Leon on February 15, 2021 at 9:00pm

Not Pleased With Pocket Hole Construction

Several months ago, I purchased the Kreg K4MS so that I could build the Lego Table as outlined on the companion "buildsomething" web site which exclusively uses pocket hole construction.  I have considerable experience with conventional…

Continue

Posted by Robert Ringel on September 17, 2020 at 1:48pm — 9 Comments

© 2022   Created by KregRep.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service

_