Kreg Owners' Community

Welcome to the Kreg Owners' Community!

This thread is the best place to introduce yourself and let other Community members get to know you. Please include your name, where you're from, your experience building with wood, why you joined this Community, and any other interesting facts about yourself. Also, feel free to share links to your blog, personal website, etc.

Once you've introduced yourself, be sure to check out Helpful Tips for New Members.

We hope that you find great use and enjoyment from the Kreg Owners' Community!

-KregRep

Views: 76949

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I need to make cabinets for my new house i built i just passed all of the inspections. In about a month i want to get started. I need input, need kreg jig and cabinet plans
Hello, I'm so excited to get started with the Kregjig, this gadget (I'm a gadget fein) will enable me to make a few kitchen cabinets for our down stairs summer kitchen. Canning can become a mess so down stairs it goes. Looking at all of the projects that you all have going, and your work area is unreal. Thank all of the community for letting this beginner to pick your brains. CKBays
Well Let me introduce myself, I'm a 55year old male nurse who likes to do piddling around but wants to expand my horizons, married for 38 years to my 16 year old sweetheart on a acre of land in so. calif. with horses. One of the few places left where you can have horses in calif. I just purchased a 40 foot container trailer and I'm turning it into into a workshop. I decide that do to my age and the fact retirement is just around the corner I need to develop hobbies for old age. Any tips or info will be greatly appreciated, Dave 5000
stanley kinsey said:
I need to make cabinets for my new house i built i just passed all of the inspections. In about a month i want to get started. I need input, need kreg jig and cabinet plans
Hi, my name is Vernon, most people like to just call me Vern . I am in the Army, stationed in Ft. Rucker, AL. My wife bought me the Kreg tool online, and within an hour, I was hooked. I built a shelf for my son's room using the Kreg tool, and I was amazed at how sturdy it turned out. What I am hoping to do this summer is start a community project on-post by inviting kids over to the house and teaching them and allowing them to build bird houses for their yards. I think it would be a great way to bring the community closer by meeting the parents, and the children learn basic woodworking skills, and they can help ecologically by putting bird houses up in their yards.
Hey all....I just got my Master system...:D

Ok, I'm Don Laessig, and from Milan, Indiana. My exp with wood working, is limited to some remodels in my home. I'm quite limited to what I can do, as I am disabled due to too many years as a carpet installer. I have degenerative disc disease, and arthritis of my entire spine....*ouch*...anyway, some projects that others would do in about 2 days, takes me anywhere from 2 weeks to 2 months...*sigh*...:|

However, I am looking forward to building an entertainment center for our living room. When I complete this, I will post the process of the construction.

Glad to be a part of this community...:D....( btw, I'm 63, with a mindset of 40...lol)
Vernon McNabb said:
Hi, my name is Vernon, most people like to just call me Vern . I am in the Army, stationed in Ft. Rucker, AL. My wife bought me the Kreg tool online, and within an hour, I was hooked. I built a shelf for my son's room using the Kreg tool, and I was amazed at how sturdy it turned out. What I am hoping to do this summer is start a community project on-post by inviting kids over to the house and teaching them and allowing them to build bird houses for their yards. I think it would be a great way to bring the community closer by meeting the parents, and the children learn basic woodworking skills, and they can help ecologically by putting bird houses up in their yards.
Vernon McNabb said:
HI VERN NICE TO MEET YOU, YOU HAVE A GREAT IDEA BUT KEEP IN MIND THAT NO MATTER HOW GOOD YOU KNOW THAT PERSON, HAVE A RELEASE FORM FOR THE PARENTS TO SIGN. THIS NOT ONLY PROTECTS YOU BUT EVERYTHING YOU WORKED SO HARD TO GET. THE REASON I AM TELLING YOU THS IS BECUASE I HAD A VERY GOOD FREIND OF MINE NEVER THOUGHT THIS WILL HAPPEN BUT IT DID. YOU ARE NOT BEING WRONG BY DOING THIS BUT PROTECT YOU, FREINDS YOU THINK ARE YOUR FREINDS CAN TURN ON YOU LIKE A SNAKE. YOUR IDEA IS A VAEY GOOD ONE BUT ALWAYS PROTECT YOU AND YOUR FAMILY. THANK YOU FOR YOUR REPLY. SCOTT TALK TO YOU LATER
Already got the form, and talked with legal on-post. That's why the first class they get is shop safety.

SCOTT A.HOWARD said:
Vernon McNabb said:
HI VERN NICE TO MEET YOU, YOU HAVE A GREAT IDEA BUT KEEP IN MIND THAT NO MATTER HOW GOOD YOU KNOW THAT PERSON, HAVE A RELEASE FORM FOR THE PARENTS TO SIGN. THIS NOT ONLY PROTECTS YOU BUT EVERYTHING YOU WORKED SO HARD TO GET. THE REASON I AM TELLING YOU THS IS BECUASE I HAD A VERY GOOD FREIND OF MINE NEVER THOUGHT THIS WILL HAPPEN BUT IT DID. YOU ARE NOT BEING WRONG BY DOING THIS BUT PROTECT YOU, FREINDS YOU THINK ARE YOUR FREINDS CAN TURN ON YOU LIKE A SNAKE. YOUR IDEA IS A VAEY GOOD ONE BUT ALWAYS PROTECT YOU AND YOUR FAMILY. THANK YOU FOR YOUR REPLY. SCOTT TALK TO YOU LATER
Hi my name is Frank Mince. I'm from the Hartford area in Connecticut. I just started to work with wood and would like some tips on making some cabinet and other things for my house.
hi frank
I HAVE BEEN IN WOODWORKING A LONG TIME , THE WAY I LEARNED WAS I WATCHED TAPE WHEN I STATED BUT NOW YOU CAN GO ONLINE TO ANY WEBSITE AND LEARN EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW, THE SITES I WOULD GO ON WILL BE dyi nework or hgtv web sites they will give you everything you need to know.
IF YOU HAVE ANY PROBLEMS JUST TYPE THE LETTERS IN THE SEACH BOX THAT IS WHAT I DO ALL THE TIME.
GOOD DAY
SCOTT
Pocket hole joinery has its place but keep in mind that the "old way" might be more acceptable for many applications. For instance, there is no substitute for dovetails on drawers in a nice piece of furniture.

Aaron Brown said:
... I started using the kreg jig about 3 years ago, and I love pocket hole jointery so much, I sold my doweling jig, dovetail jig and biscuit jointer. I have no intentions of going back to the "old way".

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Need Help?

For Technical Support, please call 800-447-8638 or send a message. Reps are available Monday through Friday from 8am to 5pm CST. 

Videos

• Add Videos

Forum

Jig settings for 2 ¾ x 1 ½ boards with 30 degree miters?

I making a hex ring out of 2x4s ripped to 2 ¾ inches wide with 30 degree miters.  What setting on the Jig should I used? 1 ½ is too much.  Thanks.Continue

Started by Patrick Halinski in Kreg Jig® Operation Dec 30, 2023.

40mm Cup Hinge Jig Question

Hi All.....I have the 35mm Kreg Jig hinge drill guide. The guide is great for 35mm Hinge Cups, but I have a speciality 40MM hinge cup to drill.Has anyone adapted the Kreg guide to work with 40mm Forsner drill bits? Or have a guide that works…Continue

Started by Ed Anderson in Beginners' Zone Oct 3, 2023.

Product Reviews

New Kreg 720Pro

I saw the video Kreg put out for this new jig and had high hopes for it.

I purchased one today and am very disappointed with it.

First the docking station is extremely cheap. The plastic is pathetic. A Lego has more…

Continue

Posted by Duke Leon on February 15, 2021 at 9:00pm

Not Pleased With Pocket Hole Construction

Several months ago, I purchased the Kreg K4MS so that I could build the Lego Table as outlined on the companion "buildsomething" web site which exclusively uses pocket hole construction.  I have considerable experience with conventional…

Continue

Posted by Robert Ringel on September 17, 2020 at 1:48pm — 9 Comments

© 2024   Created by KregRep.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service

_