Kreg Owners' Community

Welcome to the Kreg Owners' Community!

This thread is the best place to introduce yourself and let other Community members get to know you. Please include your name, where you're from, your experience building with wood, why you joined this Community, and any other interesting facts about yourself. Also, feel free to share links to your blog, personal website, etc.

Once you've introduced yourself, be sure to check out Helpful Tips for New Members.

We hope that you find great use and enjoyment from the Kreg Owners' Community!

-KregRep

Views: 76949

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Len, Manton, and Orlando... welcome to the community! We're glad that you discovered the Kreg Jig, and glad to have you here! If you have any questions, please feel free to ask them in the forums. If you get a second, click on 'My Page' at the top of the screen and upload a profile photo of yourself, and don't be afraid to make comments on photos or upload your own! We enjoy seeing what projects everyone is working on, and just how they were built!

Until the next time, good luck and good woodworking!
KregRep
Hello everyone Dave here from Concord california. Joined this site about a month ago and have found alot of information here. Have only used this Kreg jig once so far on a shelve for my daughter and found it very easy to use. Now I can't wait to get some more sawdust therapy in my garage as the weather warms up and try out the Kreg on other projects I have in mine.Take care all.
Hello,
My name is John and I'm from Northern California and currently live in the Central Valley of California. I don't have a lot of experience in woodworking and didn't even take woodshop in school. My wife has me taking on more complex projects arround the house and yard so with a little bit of arm twisting, she got me a Kreg Jig for Christmas. So far I've built a fence and dog house using my new toy. I joined this community to see if there are any other projects that might spark my creative energy. I'm looking for something like a park bench project and then a gazebo and decking project.

JDK
Hello everyone!

My name is Arthur and I am in Rancho Cordova, CA. I am new to woodworking and am looking forward to learning from you. Goodness knows I am gonna need all the help I can get. I have already poked a hole in my jig because I didn't tighten down the collar enough!!! No major damage, but a good first lesson learned! Anyway, I will keep you posted on my progress!

Arthur
Erik - Twin Cities (MN)
Hi everyone. Just got the kreg k3 last night and tried it out right away. After I drilled the pockets, I thought they were too far away and would not make a strong joint. I was surprised!

I was using scrap 2 x 4's to test it out on. I was a little confused on where to place the bit collar. It looks like the guide says that 1 1/2 was off the bit mold. When I saw an online demo the guy just had it in the mold all the way up.
Hi. My name Gordon Davis and live in the Catskils in New York. I like to build small projects in my work shop. Nothing to hard but sometimes I'll give it a try.
Hello all, My name is James, I am from Sacramento, CA. I would say that I am a beginner, as it has been over 22 years since high school which was the last time I did any woodworking. I do remember some of the basics, but lack the tools the shop had. I have been telling myself that once we own a house I would then start to buy major tools (that is, that they are not the little tool sets that you buy for fix-it). Well still don't have the garage to do that yet, but when I saw the Kreg Jig on the DIY network I just could not pass on this one. Now my mind is racing a mile a minute with projects I want to try. Maybe because I keep seeing the wonderful pictures of the projects you all have made. Stop it, I do not thing my keyboard is drull proof (just kidding). keep up the graet work and great ideas. Although I will agree with a previous post that I too would like to see that the projects where indeed made with the Kreg Jig and see how it was accomplished.
hi my name is paulim 53 and alife member of the handyman club
Hello! My name is Llinda Woods. I redo old houses built from about 1900 to 1940. I am always looking for ways to make my job easier. I usually work alone and the Kreg JIG and clamps make a lot of things possible (instead of a helper). I also do a lot of work with my router and router table. They are a great match. My current project is my own bathroom. It has all of the surprises of most old houses. I find that I use the portable aspect of the Kreg Jig as much as the stationary setting. I mounted the jig on a board that I can easily take with me to job sites.
HELLO MY NAME SCOTT HOWARD I AM A WOODWORKER FOR MORE THEN SEVENTEEN YEARS, MY USE WITH THE KREG JIG HAS ONLY BEEN RECENT. SO FAR WHAT I USED IT ON MADE MY JOB MORE EASYER. I LOOK FAWARD TO BUYING THE WHOLE SET IN THE NEAR FUTHER. IF YOU THINK YOU COULD HELP ME ARE I CAN HELP YOU PLEASE WRITE TO ME.

THANK YOU
SCOTT
scott_howard90@yahoo.com
Hi Everyone, My name is Kev and i am from UK, I have always liked woodwork but never really done anything about it until now, I have the R3 kit to get me started.
Hi, everyone! I've dabbled with wood most of my life but only got into serious projects about 12 years ago. I did a few small items using plans from magazines, then graduated to designing furniture for our home. I was introduced to the Kreg pocket hole jig a few years ago in a commercial shop. I am retired now and recently added the Kreg Master system to the lineup of tools in my home shop.

You can see my shop and some of my completed projects on my website: www.bbarnold.com

Bill Arnold
Thomasville, GA

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Need Help?

For Technical Support, please call 800-447-8638 or send a message. Reps are available Monday through Friday from 8am to 5pm CST. 

Videos

• Add Videos

Forum

Jig settings for 2 ¾ x 1 ½ boards with 30 degree miters?

I making a hex ring out of 2x4s ripped to 2 ¾ inches wide with 30 degree miters.  What setting on the Jig should I used? 1 ½ is too much.  Thanks.Continue

Started by Patrick Halinski in Kreg Jig® Operation Dec 30, 2023.

40mm Cup Hinge Jig Question

Hi All.....I have the 35mm Kreg Jig hinge drill guide. The guide is great for 35mm Hinge Cups, but I have a speciality 40MM hinge cup to drill.Has anyone adapted the Kreg guide to work with 40mm Forsner drill bits? Or have a guide that works…Continue

Started by Ed Anderson in Beginners' Zone Oct 3, 2023.

Product Reviews

New Kreg 720Pro

I saw the video Kreg put out for this new jig and had high hopes for it.

I purchased one today and am very disappointed with it.

First the docking station is extremely cheap. The plastic is pathetic. A Lego has more…

Continue

Posted by Duke Leon on February 15, 2021 at 9:00pm

Not Pleased With Pocket Hole Construction

Several months ago, I purchased the Kreg K4MS so that I could build the Lego Table as outlined on the companion "buildsomething" web site which exclusively uses pocket hole construction.  I have considerable experience with conventional…

Continue

Posted by Robert Ringel on September 17, 2020 at 1:48pm — 9 Comments

© 2024   Created by KregRep.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service

_