Kreg Owners' Community

Just thought I would start a discussion on woodworkers real jobs. It would be fun to no if there are lots of professional people using Kreg Jig along with people  like myself a retired  construction worker.

Views: 6469

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi, I'm Tim and live in a Small Alabama Town, I have worked for the same Police Department for 22 years, For the last two I have served as the School Resource Officer, a position that I love. I'm kind of a jack leg carpenter and a jack of all trades. And for some time wanted to get more into wood working, so I asked Santa for a Kreg jig and I got it so can't wait to get started.
Thanks for reply. Im sure your going to find all sorts of help on here, What interests you to build as a starter project?.Just being productive is a big project when you are confined to your wheelchair.Good luck and dont forget to contact anyone in the family for help. There might even be someone within driving distance to you .

Arthur J. Cushing said:
HELLO ! My name is Arthur , Im 64 yrs. old and retired , my friends call me "Cush". I live in New Hampshire and my day is mostly, trying to be productive, only because I'm confined to a wheelchair . I was a machinist at the Portsmouth Naval Ship Yard and now I would like to keep myself busy buy working with wood ! Now that I have this Kreg Jig I think that I just might be able to fit two boards together ! If some of you have any helpful ideas for me , you can also email me at....arthurcushing@yahoo.com . THANK YOU ALL .

Arthur, I am also confined to a wheel chair. I have a pretty decent wood working shop, table saw, band saw, lathe, drill press, router and the small tools. Suggestion would be to get a chair that will let you stand up or a power chair that will elevate you all you can. Good luck. I can build small things when my pain lets me.

Larry
Arthur J. Cushing said:

HELLO ! My name is Arthur , Im 64 yrs. old and retired , my friends call me "Cush". I live in New Hampshire and my day is mostly, trying to be productive, only because I'm confined to a wheelchair . I was a machinist at the Portsmouth Naval Ship Yard and now I would like to keep myself busy buy working with wood ! Now that I have this Kreg Jig I think that I just might be able to fit two boards together ! If some of you have any helpful ideas for me , you can also email me at....arthurcushing@yahoo.com . THANK YOU ALL .
I have been in the construction business all my life. I have built some furniture, my own house and a lot of other things. Then the accident put me in the chair. Since then I have got into building small things to pass the time, pepper grinders on the lathe, wine bottle stoppers, small cabinets, stools for my grand daughter and things more in that line. How about you, what are you most interested in working on?

Jens Jensen said:
Thanks for reply. Im sure your going to find all sorts of help on here, What interests you to build as a starter project?.Just being productive is a big project when you are confined to your wheelchair.Good luck and dont forget to contact anyone in the family for help. There might even be someone within driving distance to you .

Arthur J. Cushing said:
HELLO Larry, I'm just starting to try and clean up my cellar,move things around, so I can move about with my wheel chair. I have managed to build some bases for my 10" band saw,a bench grinder, a small bench top drill press and a large floor drill press. I have also managed to transform what used to be racks for car hub caps, my dad used to collect hub caps , into shelves and two low work benches. I do know  how you feel I also can only manage to do something when there is time with out pain . I then do too much and waist too much time trying to recover. I do need to build tables or something for my small table saw and my planer. Well that is about where I'm at. THANK YOU, for your message.

Larry Crouch said:
I have been in the construction business all my life. I have built some furniture, my own house and a lot of other things. Then the accident put me in the chair. Since then I have got into building small things to pass the time, pepper grinders on the lathe, wine bottle stoppers, small cabinets, stools for my grand daughter and things more in that line. How about you, what are you most interested in working on?

Jens Jensen said:

Arthur J. Cushing said:
I cut the legs down on my table saw and bought one of the roll around bases for the saw. Also bought some more roll around bases for other equipment. I use a solid core wood door for a work bench. My dad put 4 by 4 inch legs at each corner at just the right height that i can roll under. works great.

Arthur J. Cushing said:
HELLO Larry, I'm just starting to try and clean up my cellar,move things around, so I can move about with my wheel chair. I have managed to build some bases for my 10" band saw,a bench grinder, a small bench top drill press and a large floor drill press. I have also managed to transform what used to be racks for car hub caps, my dad used to collect hub caps , into shelves and two low work benches. I do know  how you feel I also can only manage to do something when there is time with out pain . I then do too much and waist too much time trying to recover. I do need to build tables or something for my small table saw and my planer. Well that is about where I'm at. THANK YOU, for your message.

Larry Crouch said:

Jens Jensen said:

Arthur J. Cushing said:
Larry with your determination you'll do fine.

Larry Crouch said:
I cut the legs down on my table saw and bought one of the roll around bases for the saw. Also bought some more roll around bases for other equipment. I use a solid core wood door for a work bench. My dad put 4 by 4 inch legs at each corner at just the right height that i can roll under. works great.

Arthur J. Cushing said:

Larry Crouch said:

Jens Jensen said:

Arthur J. Cushing said:

hi , i'm ibrahim from saudi arabia , i'm a surgeon general about to specialize in colorectal surgery  ,

woodworking is my great hobby , and thu i'm facing alot of problems getting good lumber here in riyadh , i still figure out my way using MDF and Plywood , its just amazing beeing part of you my friends , and i really like my kreg jig .

Police officer during the day, amateur woodworker when I have the extra time
Police officer during the day, amateur woodworker when I have the extra time

Hi Guys I am from Kingston Jamaica.  I am a 20yr Insurance Motor Vehicle Accident Appraiser (Auto Assessor). Relatively proficient with all aspects of Automotive repairs and restoration.  reasonably adept at using the PC for all different jobs.  I am a avid DIYer. 

My Dad used to own a Hardware Store and I was always facinated with wood working, I used to hang around in the furniture factory that was next door to my Dads store andf I picked up enough to recognise as good piece of furniture.  I never got into woodworking becasue I thought it was too messy/ dusty and tool intensive.

Now I find myself with a lot of tools collected over the years and the intrest in wood working revived.  I have found that just thinking about the next project eases my day to day stresses and allows me a time to get away from the rest of the world.

I have aspirations of building my own workshop and making pieces others may see and love.

Sorry to hear about lack of good wood over there.I bet that would have a big down fall on some larger projects. Glad to hear from you over there. Seems loke we are half world away which we are.

Ibrahim said:

hi , i'm ibrahim from saudi arabia , i'm a surgeon general about to specialize in colorectal surgery  ,

woodworking is my great hobby , and thu i'm facing alot of problems getting good lumber here in riyadh , i still figure out my way using MDF and Plywood , its just amazing beeing part of you my friends , and i really like my kreg jig .

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Need Help?

For Technical Support, please call 800-447-8638 or send a message. Reps are available Monday through Friday from 8am to 5pm CST. 

Videos

• Add Videos

Forum

Jig settings for 2 ¾ x 1 ½ boards with 30 degree miters?

I making a hex ring out of 2x4s ripped to 2 ¾ inches wide with 30 degree miters.  What setting on the Jig should I used? 1 ½ is too much.  Thanks.Continue

Started by Patrick Halinski in Kreg Jig® Operation Dec 30, 2023.

40mm Cup Hinge Jig Question

Hi All.....I have the 35mm Kreg Jig hinge drill guide. The guide is great for 35mm Hinge Cups, but I have a speciality 40MM hinge cup to drill.Has anyone adapted the Kreg guide to work with 40mm Forsner drill bits? Or have a guide that works…Continue

Started by Ed Anderson in Beginners' Zone Oct 3, 2023.

Product Reviews

New Kreg 720Pro

I saw the video Kreg put out for this new jig and had high hopes for it.

I purchased one today and am very disappointed with it.

First the docking station is extremely cheap. The plastic is pathetic. A Lego has more…

Continue

Posted by Duke Leon on February 15, 2021 at 9:00pm

Not Pleased With Pocket Hole Construction

Several months ago, I purchased the Kreg K4MS so that I could build the Lego Table as outlined on the companion "buildsomething" web site which exclusively uses pocket hole construction.  I have considerable experience with conventional…

Continue

Posted by Robert Ringel on September 17, 2020 at 1:48pm — 9 Comments

© 2024   Created by KregRep.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service

_