Kreg Owners' Community

I just recently bought a Porter Cable PC3Pak Finish Nailer/Brad Nailer/Stapler Compressor Combo Kit from Home Depot and it was and is love at first sight! I just may consider throwing all my hammers away and having air in the shop has opened a whole new world for me.Both nailers and the stapler are all superb. They're quiet and reliable. I am using harbor freight nails and haven't had a single jam in a few weeks of use. The depth adjustment is tool free and works very well on all three tools.What your favorite Compressor and Nailer?

Views: 1234

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I also have a Porter Cable combo. My compressor is an older model and quiet it is not but the nailers and stapler are a dream to use.
I have a harbor frieght brad nailer. I havent used it much but it has been wonderful when i have. I also have a old school TANK lol but it runs well for now to. Since i'm new to all this wood working this stuff works for me

I have a Dewalt twin stack tank compressor. I bought it with a framing nailer, so it has plenty of power. I borrow my brother Harbor Freight brad nailer when needed and it works great. Still in the market for a finish nailer.

I have the same kit. Works great, and saves a ton of time....i had entertained the idea of getting a larger compressor so that I could run a framing nailer.  But the cost difference of the compressor plus the price of the framing nailer put me around the same price as one of the Paslode gas powered cordless units.

I'd recomend this set up to any hobbyist.

i have a DeVibliss compressor and several brands of nailers, portercable finish nailer and stapler, hatichi brad nailer, airlocker pin nailer my first nailer a senco brad nailer, it was a great tool but the rubber nose piece broke and now it dimples the wood. still a great nailer but not for finish work anymore, thats why i have the hatichi, it came with two replacment nose pieces. still playing with the senco to make a new nose piece. strange that senco dosent have a replacement. if you have the funds, check into a pin nailer, no head on the nail, really great for trim work.
I have a ridgid brad nailer had it for over three years and it's been great ,had a cambell hausfield compressor that was about 18 yrs old that finally quit , now I use a little harbor freight compressor and it is more than adequate for the job
i have the older model of the same kit. love the thing. use it all the time. talked my parents into splitting the cost with me when i remodeled their house and it was well worth it. they were very impressed with everything i have used it on.
I also have the Porter Cable. It's working great and I haven't picked up a hammer in almost a year.  Thank for the Harbor Freight tip didn't think about getting the nails and brads there.
I am need of a nailer, but do not currently have a compressor, is there a good electric or battery operated nailer for finishing nailing?
I bought a Stanley electric brad gun but was never happy with it. There are also Paslode gas powered cordless units but not sure what the cost would be. Home Depot and Lowes usually have sales on combo units like my Porter Cable. Air is really cool to have in a shop. It opens a whole new world to woodworking and your shop. 

John Butler said:
I am need of a nailer, but do not currently have a compressor, is there a good electric or battery operated nailer for finishing nailing?
Thanks Ralph, I will shop Home Depot and Lowes for the tools and seek the sales on combo units, I may also check out pawn shops for either or both tools.

Ralph Sarc said:
I bought a Stanley electric brad gun but was never happy with it. There are also Paslode gas powered cordless units but not sure what the cost would be. Home Depot and Lowes usually have sales on combo units like my Porter Cable. Air is really cool to have in a shop. It opens a whole new world to woodworking and your shop. 

John Butler said:

Hi Geoff - That little Porter Cable pancake runs my Hitachi NT90 just fine. Can't do a lot of rapid fire with it, kicks on after about 3 shots but will absolutely power the thing. I set it at 110 for that nailer and it countersinks 3-1/2" full round heads. Way inadequate for job site but more than enough for DIY.

BTW I picked up that framing nailer for $105 from reconditioned sales. Great outfit.

Geoff Simpson said:

I have the same kit. Works great, and saves a ton of time....i had entertained the idea of getting a larger compressor so that I could run a framing nailer.  But the cost difference of the compressor plus the price of the framing nailer put me around the same price as one of the Paslode gas powered cordless units.

I'd recomend this set up to any hobbyist.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Need Help?

For Technical Support, please call 800-447-8638 or send a message. Reps are available Monday through Friday from 8am to 5pm CST. 

Videos

• Add Videos

Forum

Jig settings for 2 ¾ x 1 ½ boards with 30 degree miters?

I making a hex ring out of 2x4s ripped to 2 ¾ inches wide with 30 degree miters.  What setting on the Jig should I used? 1 ½ is too much.  Thanks.Continue

Started by Patrick Halinski in Kreg Jig® Operation Dec 30, 2023.

40mm Cup Hinge Jig Question

Hi All.....I have the 35mm Kreg Jig hinge drill guide. The guide is great for 35mm Hinge Cups, but I have a speciality 40MM hinge cup to drill.Has anyone adapted the Kreg guide to work with 40mm Forsner drill bits? Or have a guide that works…Continue

Started by Ed Anderson in Beginners' Zone Oct 3, 2023.

Product Reviews

New Kreg 720Pro

I saw the video Kreg put out for this new jig and had high hopes for it.

I purchased one today and am very disappointed with it.

First the docking station is extremely cheap. The plastic is pathetic. A Lego has more…

Continue

Posted by Duke Leon on February 15, 2021 at 9:00pm

Not Pleased With Pocket Hole Construction

Several months ago, I purchased the Kreg K4MS so that I could build the Lego Table as outlined on the companion "buildsomething" web site which exclusively uses pocket hole construction.  I have considerable experience with conventional…

Continue

Posted by Robert Ringel on September 17, 2020 at 1:48pm — 9 Comments

© 2024   Created by KregRep.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service

_