Kreg Owners' Community

WHAT TABLE SAW DO YOU OWN ?AND WHAT DO YOU LIKE MOST ABOUT IT ? RATING OUT OF 5!

Views: 15677

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

SawStop 3hp.  Best saw I have ever used, even without the safety feature.  5 of 5.


Joe Pack said:
SawStop 3hp.  Best saw I have ever used, even without the safety feature.  5 of 5.
You lucky dog!! Did you do the finger test???
i own the dewalt dw744x. like the portability and the rack and pinion fence system. its fast and easy to set up.

Jet 10" pro 1 3/4 hp--what I like is it was FREE! 5+

 

The house we got has a 20'x24' shop out in the backyard had a Jet tablesaw and Jet 14" bandsaw in it. After the pest inspection, we counter offered if they threw in the saws, we would pay asking price and fix the dryrot ourselves. Cha-Ching! They also left all the workbenches and about $300 of hardwoods and birch plywood. 

now thats a good deal! lucky you! 

BRIAN KEMPKES said:

Jet 10" pro 1 3/4 hp--what I like is it was FREE! 5+

 

The house we got has a 20'x24' shop out in the backyard had a Jet tablesaw and Jet 14" bandsaw in it. After the pest inspection, we counter offered if they threw in the saws, we would pay asking price and fix the dryrot ourselves. Cha-Ching! They also left all the workbenches and about $300 of hardwoods and birch plywood. 

I have a Craftsman with a large cast table and extra part of the table to intall the router. Also the other side has the table with mitre use. The super magnet things to install in a jig won't work on the cast table and as the mitre side of the saw table is flexible/removeable, the slot is not standard size - width or depth for jigs. Great for space saving and is on a stand that has wheels and will fold forward for storage. Great to have the router table on the saw but have to uninstall it when using particular sized material that requires moving that part of the table. Rating? Maybe 3

Nardene

+1  Same saw i use.  4.5 out of 5....i'd give it a perfect score, but i'm not thrilled with the miter gauge.

Cecil King said:

This is the table saw I own. Portability is the most important feature for me because I work out of my garage.

It also stands on end for storage and doesnt take up much space. I did put in a diablo 60t blade for finer crosscuts. 4.5 out of 5. I heard the bosch might be a little better but more money. I've seen my saw on a lot of the diy shows.

Cecil

I have the 3HP Professional Cabinet saw made by SawStop.  It is certainly the best tablesaw that I have owned.  It's a quality tool.   I have the mobile base since my garage is my shop.  I don't plan on doing the finger test....only hope that it works when it's supposed to!  5 star rating!
Are we talking about the 2310 or the 4510? Picture looks like the 2310.

Geoff Simpson said:
+1  Same saw i use.  4.5 out of 5....i'd give it a perfect score, but i'm not thrilled with the miter gauge.

Cecil King said:

This is the table saw I own. Portability is the most important feature for me because I work out of my garage.

It also stands on end for storage and doesnt take up much space. I did put in a diablo 60t blade for finer crosscuts. 4.5 out of 5. I heard the bosch might be a little better but more money. I've seen my saw on a lot of the diy shows.

Cecil

Shop Fox 1677 Left Tilt 3 HP Hybrid  Same as the Grizzly 1023L

 

Also an older Delta 8 " Contractor Saw that I've had for over 30 years.

Good eye John... I have the 4510

John Schaben said:
Are we talking about the 2310 or the 4510? Picture looks like the 2310.

Geoff Simpson said:
+1  Same saw i use.  4.5 out of 5....i'd give it a perfect score, but i'm not thrilled with the miter gauge.

Cecil King said:

This is the table saw I own. Portability is the most important feature for me because I work out of my garage.

It also stands on end for storage and doesnt take up much space. I did put in a diablo 60t blade for finer crosscuts. 4.5 out of 5. I heard the bosch might be a little better but more money. I've seen my saw on a lot of the diy shows.

Cecil

Hi Geoff - I wondered, the pic was missing one of my favorite features, on board storage for the blade guard and kickback pawls.

 

I didn't think the miter guage was to bad but, then again, my last saw was a Ryobi. I also use a Incra V120 when I need an accurate cut.

Geoff Simpson said:

Good eye John... I have the 4510

John Schaben said:
Are we talking about the 2310 or the 4510? Picture looks like the 2310.

Geoff Simpson said:
+1  Same saw i use.  4.5 out of 5....i'd give it a perfect score, but i'm not thrilled with the miter gauge.

Cecil King said:

This is the table saw I own. Portability is the most important feature for me because I work out of my garage.

It also stands on end for storage and doesnt take up much space. I did put in a diablo 60t blade for finer crosscuts. 4.5 out of 5. I heard the bosch might be a little better but more money. I've seen my saw on a lot of the diy shows.

Cecil

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Need Help?

For Technical Support, please call 800-447-8638 or send a message. Reps are available Monday through Friday from 8am to 5pm CST. 

Videos

  • Add Videos
  • View All

Forum

Constructing an island benchtop

G'day,I am a new member to the forum, although I have had the pocket jointer for a number of years, I just didn't get around to joining you.Anyhow - my wife and I are in the process of downsizing [in fact we are currently building our 3rd "Last…Continue

Started by Peter Watkins in General Woodworking yesterday.

New to K5 and pocket holes, any video’s on the materials listed below?

I am using Danny Proulx book on shop workstations. I am deciding whether to use MDF or Melamine. He calls for MDF. However; I like the looks of the melamine.  I am a little leery of using pocket holes for it. One of the main reasons is I have no…Continue

Started by Michael Lusk in Beginners' Zone May 24.

Product Reviews

K5 Review

I really like the k5 it is faster to change from different size of screws. I hesitated to update because of some of the reviews about the dust collection hook up. That to me one of the improvements it works perfect no dust to cleanup .…

Continue

Posted by Gary roofner on April 5, 2019 at 10:02am

Merry Christmas r3

 Hi all Santa left me one under the tree the elf thar made it must have had a bad morning because one gray tab is metric and the other one is imperial help Santa what do I do

thanks Eric 

Posted by Eric Kershaw on January 8, 2019 at 6:27pm — 1 Comment

Kreg Project Center Work Station

The Kreg Project Center is great by itself, but 2 KPC's are better than 1 when you want to set up a 12 ft. work station in a couple minutes.…

Continue

Posted by Glenn Revheim on April 5, 2018 at 5:57am — 5 Comments

Festool Domino 500

The first thing I will do is set price aside and focus on the tool and why I bought the Domino. 

      I have orders for a few dining tables and chairs.  I have made one prototype chair, while I have all the tools to make angled…

Continue

Posted by justin waldron on April 2, 2018 at 5:46am — 2 Comments

© 2019   Created by KregRep.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service

_