Kreg Owners' Community

my 10 year old saw died yesterday

i've been looking for a replacement but it seems that everything is made in china (to me that means over priced junk)

every thing which iv'e purchased (rated as professional grade )

made in china wasn't woth the time it took me to throw it in the dumpster.

any one have any recommendations for a replacement ?

Views: 3547

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

My Ridgid 12" was made in USA but I bought it 8 years ago..I noticed yesterday that Bessler clamps are now made in china   WILL IT EVER STOP ???

Local joinery shop have a Festo - pricey - quiet running - solid - dont know where manufactured = worth considering if finances and or usage allows.

I purchased the Harbor Freight 12 inch sliding compound miter saw. Saved a ton of money and it works great.

Look for old tools 10+ years., they have less features but are better made. put some new graphites in the motors some calibration and you;re good to go.  Or if you have the big budget: Festool, Protool or Mafell.  guaranteed made in Germany. Quality is second to themselves.

I use a Mastercraft Maximum 10" sliding miter saw, works well. I usually hook up my dust collection (shop vac and a dust deputy), as long as I don't rush the cuts, it manages to get most of the dust.

I bought a sliding miter from Sears that was made in down under. It was made by Globe Tech Industries which bellied up about two or three years ago. I am not having any trouble with it and it goes great it has served me well for the three or four years I had my miter saw.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Need Help?

For Technical Support, please call 800-447-8638 or send a message. Reps are available Monday through Friday from 8am to 5pm CST. 

Videos

• Add Videos

Forum

Replacing existing slides but cannot remove drawer front

The Kreg slides are made to work with new drawers before putting on the drawer front. In my situation, I cannot remove the existing fronts which means when reversing the jig to hold the draw, it’s at an angle. Not sure what I should do to make them…Continue

Started by Jay Homeyer in General Woodworking Apr 25.

Parts

The Clamp anchor screw broke on my mobile project center.  How can I acquire a replacement?Continue

Started by Jon J Howard in Beginners' Zone Apr 20.

Product Reviews

New Kreg 720Pro

I saw the video Kreg put out for this new jig and had high hopes for it.

I purchased one today and am very disappointed with it.

First the docking station is extremely cheap. The plastic is pathetic. A Lego has more…

Continue

Posted by Duke Leon on February 15, 2021 at 9:00pm

Not Pleased With Pocket Hole Construction

Several months ago, I purchased the Kreg K4MS so that I could build the Lego Table as outlined on the companion "buildsomething" web site which exclusively uses pocket hole construction.  I have considerable experience with conventional…

Continue

Posted by Robert Ringel on September 17, 2020 at 1:48pm — 4 Comments

© 2021   Created by KregRep.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service

_