Kreg Owners' Community

Welcome to the Kreg Owners' Community!

This thread is the best place to introduce yourself and let other Community members get to know you. Please include your name, where you're from, your experience building with wood, why you joined this Community, and any other interesting facts about yourself. Also, feel free to share links to your blog, personal website, etc.

Once you've introduced yourself, be sure to check out Helpful Tips for New Members.

We hope that you find great use and enjoyment from the Kreg Owners' Community!

-KregRep

Views: 76990

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hello, my name is Bill and I live in Northern California. I have always had an interest in Woodworking and I finally started to make things for my new home this pass year. I look forward to sharing my creations with you and to many more this coming year.

Hello, my name is Monica I live in Enumclaw, WA. I've done a lot of DIY projects in the past, not a lot of woodworking. I enjoy getting things done myself and my Kreg Jig makes that possible. I have one Kreg Jig project behind me and a lot more in mind. I look forward to seeing everyone else's projects and learning more about woodworking.

Hello, 

I'm Jason and live in Northern VA. I have no formal experience with woodworking but am an advanced DIY'er. I spent several years during college as a diesel and automotive mechanic so I found that I've naturally developed an aptitude and appreciation for building and working with my hands. I enjoy building, especially when I can fix something that is still quite useful rather than throwing it out to simply buy something new. Most of my focus is on improving my home. Around this past Christmas my wife also asked me to build a larger dining room table this year (farmhouse pedestal style) and when I started reviewing plans I consistently saw comments referring to the Kreg Tool systems. After some research I saw how helpful this tool line can be, thus I purchased the K4 Master System several weeks ago. I joined this community because I saw how friendly and helpful folks are, not to mention the constant posting of photos and projects is very inspiring. I'm not overly creative so I usually need to at least see an image of something I like and then I can build it. I don't have any major hobbies so I'm thinking woodworking might be something that I will enjoy getting into. I'm looking forward to being a part of this community and learning from other members.

My name's Bryan and I've been looking at Kreg products for awhile now. My wife and kids got me the starter kit with the rip fence and the R3 jig. I've always liked working with wood and I'm excited about these tools. My first big project will be our 4' x 7' pantry closet overhaul. I'm looking forward to getting tips and ideas from y'all!

Hello, My name is Jason. I live in SE Texas just north of Houston I'm not the worlds greatest wood worker or DIYer. but I'm not completely unable either. I have been collecting project plans from everyone and every where I can to get back into doing the wood working that I enjoy doing again. lack of time and money of course always seem to play a major factor when hobbies or projects are concerned. as i am still and what feels like a constant upgrade of my work shop i have been working on a couple of projects to improve the space in my shop.

Welcome, Sandy. I'm just up the road from you in Baton Rouge. 

Sandy Sanderson said:

Hello from "Da Big Easy" - My name is Sandy and I live in New Orleans.  First time owner of a Kreg Jig system.  I have dabbled in woodworking for over 30 years, beginning with my Dad's ShopSmith! Early Christmas present and cannot wait to get started!

Hello All: My name is Mike from outside Minneapolis, MN. I'm new to woodworking, but have enjoyed my first few projects. I have to admit, I was inspired to give it a try by Ana White's website. My wife and I love beautiful woodwork and recently built a craftsman style home with lots of it. My dream would be to someday progress to being able to produce Greene and Greene style furniture.

Can anyone give me some advice on a good website (free or pay) with lots of project plans that will be good for the green horn as well as for when my skills advance? It's a daunting task looking for sound plans...

Thanks, Mike

Mike- You can go to woodworking4home.com and purchase 13,000 plans. You can later buy a DVD for $11.00.

Hi my name is Connie, I bought the Kreg system for my husband and he doesn't use it the way I wish he would. I have seen some awesome projects that I would like to have built. So I am looking for an easy one like a kitchen farm style table I can do by myself. Nothing says a woman can't do it

Mike chanpeau go to jayscustomcreations.com and check out what he has for free. There are some there for pay but he mistly asks for donations for his free work plans. The plans are easy to read and put together in an awesome format. Check him out.
Connie, you're absolutely right. There isn't anything says a woman can't do anything. In fact i know of two women right now that put me to shame behind a woodworking bench. If there is a project you'd like to have built build it yourself and love it all the more because you built it.
Hello! My name is Michelle, I am an RN and I work in the field of organ and tissue donation with 3 children. I started woodworking this summer after I bought a new house this summer. I really wanted a coffee table that I could not afford and googled how to make a coffee table! I am a single mom and have always tried to show my kids that I will attempt anything. So with a table saw, my kreg jig, and an electric screw driver I jumped into woodworking. I found that when I was in my garage amidst the sound of the saws, the smell of the sawdust and the feel of the wood I lose myself and the stress of my job melts away. It's better than therapy, it's my form of meditation. I am slowly expanding my tool collection and find myself dreaming of the next project as I finish up the current one.
Attachments:

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Need Help?

For Technical Support, please call 800-447-8638 or send a message. Reps are available Monday through Friday from 8am to 5pm CST. 

Videos

• Add Videos

Forum

Jig settings for 2 ¾ x 1 ½ boards with 30 degree miters?

I making a hex ring out of 2x4s ripped to 2 ¾ inches wide with 30 degree miters.  What setting on the Jig should I used? 1 ½ is too much.  Thanks.Continue

Started by Patrick Halinski in Kreg Jig® Operation Dec 30, 2023.

40mm Cup Hinge Jig Question

Hi All.....I have the 35mm Kreg Jig hinge drill guide. The guide is great for 35mm Hinge Cups, but I have a speciality 40MM hinge cup to drill.Has anyone adapted the Kreg guide to work with 40mm Forsner drill bits? Or have a guide that works…Continue

Started by Ed Anderson in Beginners' Zone Oct 3, 2023.

Product Reviews

New Kreg 720Pro

I saw the video Kreg put out for this new jig and had high hopes for it.

I purchased one today and am very disappointed with it.

First the docking station is extremely cheap. The plastic is pathetic. A Lego has more…

Continue

Posted by Duke Leon on February 15, 2021 at 9:00pm

Not Pleased With Pocket Hole Construction

Several months ago, I purchased the Kreg K4MS so that I could build the Lego Table as outlined on the companion "buildsomething" web site which exclusively uses pocket hole construction.  I have considerable experience with conventional…

Continue

Posted by Robert Ringel on September 17, 2020 at 1:48pm — 9 Comments

© 2024   Created by KregRep.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service

_