Kreg Owners' Community

Welcome to the Kreg Owners' Community!

This thread is the best place to introduce yourself and let other Community members get to know you. Please include your name, where you're from, your experience building with wood, why you joined this Community, and any other interesting facts about yourself. Also, feel free to share links to your blog, personal website, etc.

Once you've introduced yourself, be sure to check out Helpful Tips for New Members.

We hope that you find great use and enjoyment from the Kreg Owners' Community!

-KregRep

Views: 76990

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Another person to look up for free plans and on youtube is Issy Swan or is it Izzy, either way he does a lot of reclaimed lumber projects and makes some wonderful furniture from it.

Marc said:

My name is Marc and I live in Raleigh, NC. New to woodworking and recently purchased a Kreg jig. Looking forward to learning and building.

Hello Keith, welcome to the world of woodworking, and yes, the Kreg jig makes these joints much easier than trying to do it the old fashioned way, which still has its own advantages and lots of woodworkers will tell you, there is nothing better than a custom joint on most projects except cabinets of course.

keith h said:

Hi I'm Keith from the UK. I'd describe my wood working style as rough and ready, hoping the mini jig will add a bit of finesse to my projects.

Thank's, have looked at Izzy's plans. The saw horses have fixed legs, my shop's only 8x12 feet so storage is a problem. Steves have folding legs so will take up less space.

My name is Jack. I live in the FL panhandle. Been aware of the Kreg jig for a few years but only recently got one. I got the master system and a plastic box of 5 screw sizes.  Also got the automax 6" clamp and the 90 degree cutting guide for circular or jig saw. The first thing I noticed about the cutting guide is it was only set up for 90 degrees. I was thinking it was adjustable for different angles. This was disappointing but still a nice tool. I cut a piece of plywood to sit under the flat portion so it would lift the guide high enough for the guide to pivot on the wood. Now I can clamp it to the wood I'm cutting at whatever angle I need. Having the sliding piece to adjust to the saw you are using makes it a GREAT, QUICK way to use the guide for 90 degree cuts. I've had these tools for a week or so and almost every time I do something I can see how to use the Kreg jig to create screw holes that are accurate and quick. I did one change to a work bench I built that was much easier and accurate than without the jig. Normally, to do it the right way I would have made the chanbge during assembly of the bench. But now it was already together.   I used the portable jig to drill 4 holes in a horizontal 2x4 (part of my work bench), clamped a 1x4 to the 2x4  with the 6" automax clamp and screwed the 1x4 in place. Took about 5 minutes I think. Great tools. 

USAF for and computer systems as careers. Now retired.  I like doing projects around the house. I'm putting together a work shop now and it will be the first time I've had this. Till now I would need to drag whatever tool I need and take it to where I'm working. My work bench was always two sawhorses and whatever I threw on them to work on.  That's ok. What would the world be like without sawhorses plus something on top work benches? :)

Grandson is now 5 and I'm looking forward to working with him on projects. We've done a couple of the little things Lowe's has for kids. 

Looking forward to what there is to learn about these tools and others.

Jack

Hello,

My name is Dawn. I am looking forward to getting a Kreg Jig to help with building some household items (storage cabinets, tv console, nightstands, etc) and a Micro Pocket Drill Guide for picture frames. Any words of wisedom in selecting which Kreg Jig (K5, K4MS, K4) for the furniture-type projects? Thanks!

Good to ask questions. When I decided to get my first Kreg anything I didn't even know there was a K5. I'd known about Kreg but never seen the K5 anywhere I looked (Lowe's, inet, etc.). I had only seen it by accident. I never really shopped for it. I did know it was a nice tool and that's about it. So as soon as I decided to get one (wife suggested it for father's day) I was in the car and at Lowe's and leaving with the K4 master system and a box of screws. I'm VERY happy but it would have been nice to know all of the options. I don't think the Lowe's where I live has the K5. Anyway, I'm sure others can help you. Not me because I've only owned mine a week. Love it though. I'm sure you'll love whatever you get. I have also wondered about the mini Kreg products. Some things I work on are smaller.

Dawn Eschuk said:

Hello,

My name is Dawn. I am looking forward to getting a Kreg Jig to help with building some household items (storage cabinets, tv console, nightstands, etc) and a Micro Pocket Drill Guide for picture frames. Any words of wisedom in selecting which Kreg Jig (K5, K4MS, K4) for the furniture-type projects? Thanks!

My name is Pat McQuillan and I live in Michigan. I have done wood working on and off my whole life. I build my own home 20 some years ago. I bought my first Kreg jig the other day and really enjoyed using it. I made sliding selves for my cupboards in my travel trailer. They turned out great and now I can reach the things in the back. I'm hoping to learn some new tricks from you guys.

Hello, my name is Johan and live in Minnesota. I have no wood working experience but i'm eager to learn. Just purchased the Kreg Jig and will be working on a farm table as an intro project. Great to see so many great ideas here!

Hello,

My name is Dan and I am from Wisconsin but have been living in West Texas for the past 6 years. I am Air Force and fly C-130s but in my off time I like building stuff and hanging out in my garage. I recently purchased my Kreg Jig and I love it! I hope to get inspired and learn much from you all and hopefully you can learn something from me as well. 

Hello, My name is Chris and I live on the island of Oahu, Hawaii. Bought myself a Kreg K4 kit and planning to do things around the House.
Looking forward to learn and get support from this site.
Aloha!
Attachments:

Look what you did to that poor dog! :)

96701chris said:

Hello, My name is Chris and I live on the island of Oahu, Hawaii. Bought myself a Kreg K4 kit and planning to do things around the House.
Looking forward to learn and get support from this site.
Aloha!

Hi, a new Kreg Jig owner from London here.

I've been renovating a house over the past 6 months and just moved in...the garage will become my new workshop.

I've used the jig to adapt an 85 year old oak mantel to go over the new log burner.

The next big job for the jig is to build a workbench in the garage (although SWMBO tells me we need to unpack first!).

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Need Help?

For Technical Support, please call 800-447-8638 or send a message. Reps are available Monday through Friday from 8am to 5pm CST. 

Videos

• Add Videos

Forum

Jig settings for 2 ¾ x 1 ½ boards with 30 degree miters?

I making a hex ring out of 2x4s ripped to 2 ¾ inches wide with 30 degree miters.  What setting on the Jig should I used? 1 ½ is too much.  Thanks.Continue

Started by Patrick Halinski in Kreg Jig® Operation Dec 30, 2023.

40mm Cup Hinge Jig Question

Hi All.....I have the 35mm Kreg Jig hinge drill guide. The guide is great for 35mm Hinge Cups, but I have a speciality 40MM hinge cup to drill.Has anyone adapted the Kreg guide to work with 40mm Forsner drill bits? Or have a guide that works…Continue

Started by Ed Anderson in Beginners' Zone Oct 3, 2023.

Product Reviews

New Kreg 720Pro

I saw the video Kreg put out for this new jig and had high hopes for it.

I purchased one today and am very disappointed with it.

First the docking station is extremely cheap. The plastic is pathetic. A Lego has more…

Continue

Posted by Duke Leon on February 15, 2021 at 9:00pm

Not Pleased With Pocket Hole Construction

Several months ago, I purchased the Kreg K4MS so that I could build the Lego Table as outlined on the companion "buildsomething" web site which exclusively uses pocket hole construction.  I have considerable experience with conventional…

Continue

Posted by Robert Ringel on September 17, 2020 at 1:48pm — 9 Comments

© 2024   Created by KregRep.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service

_