Kreg Owners' Community

Welcome to the Kreg Owners' Community!

This thread is the best place to introduce yourself and let other Community members get to know you. Please include your name, where you're from, your experience building with wood, why you joined this Community, and any other interesting facts about yourself. Also, feel free to share links to your blog, personal website, etc.

Once you've introduced yourself, be sure to check out Helpful Tips for New Members.

We hope that you find great use and enjoyment from the Kreg Owners' Community!

-KregRep

Views: 76990

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hello all. I am Tom and I live in North West England in an area known as The Lake District. I have always made things but have only in recent years had space and resources for a mall workshop (minute by U S standards!) I have recently retired from full time work and begun a few projects. Currently finishing off a small dresser (hutch?). I have been looking at the Kreg jig vs dowelling jig for a while but recently succumbed to a good deal at a nearby woodworking show. As well as making stuff I also ride a BMW trike when our British weather allows.

Welcome Tom,

Sounds like you will be busy making stuff.

Dont forget to post some pictures of your fine work

But first off though  I need to see one or two shots of the trike! (the most important priority)!!!

Yep it worked.

Hey I am impressed, I didnt even know they existed, I was expecting to see a Drab Olive Green Outfit with a MP40 or the likes fitted!!

I will have to get up with the times, my K1100 Lt is getting too big for me to handle (read as I am getting too old and too weak to pick it up if it ever fell over) these days so its spends most of its life watching me use my wood working tools

Thank you

Hello, my name is Jim Worrell and I live in Dekalb, IL I consider myself an amature cabinetmaker. I've gotten to where I can fix my own mistakes. Not trying to be profitable, I tell everybody I make really expensive sawdust. Anyway I had purchased my Kreg jig sometime ago and drug it out to put pocket screws into the rails of a light box I am building for a stainglass window. So I logged on here to checkout tips and such, and will probably be on regularly from now on. I retired 2 years ago, I was a mechanical designer for 40 years, now my 2 hobbies building streetrods and woodworking take up my time. I still get up and go to work everyday I just dont have the commute anymore.

I will post pictures of my stainglass project soon.

Big Jim

Hello, my name is Jim Worrell and I live in Dekalb, IL I consider myself an amature cabinetmaker. I've gotten to where I can fix my own mistakes. Not trying to be profitable, I tell everybody I make really expensive sawdust. Anyway I had purchased my Kreg jig sometime ago and drug it out to put pocket screws into the rails of a light box I am building for a stainglass window. So I logged on here to checkout tips and such, and will probably be on regularly from now on. I retired 2 years ago, I was a mechanical designer for 40 years, now my 2 hobbies building streetrods and woodworking take up my time. I still get up and go to work everyday I just dont have the commute anymore.

I will post pictures of my stainglass project soon.

Big Jim

HI

my name is steve roper I live in north sydney nova scotia canada. I worked with wood on and off over the years. Now that I'am retired I have more time on hands and started dusting off the tools, to turn my garage into a workshop. I did pocket holes years ago with a metal jig I made myself. The kreg equipment is just starting to apear in stores here. Thay don't have alot yet mostly just some jigs and screws,can't wait to be able to buy the different types of tracks here. We always seem to be the last place to get new equipment.

Hi steve roper, you sound a bit like me .I used to work for a building company here in the uk 36 years doing various tasks including machine driveing ,shuttering ,etc etc.Had to retire in june caught pneumonia pretty bad.So now spend my time helping my wife with her little business 2 days a week , and also down my little shop doing small woodworking projects.I often get on my scooter fly round my old companies building sites scroungeing old used timber.Love to find new uses for old materials hope you enjoy this site as much as i do.REGARDS MICK /UK.

michael evans said:

Hi steve roper, you sound a bit like me .I used to work for a building company here in the uk 36 years doing various tasks including machine driveing ,shuttering ,etc etc.Had to retire in june caught pneumonia pretty bad.So now spend my time helping my wife with her little business 2 days a week , and also down my little shop doing small woodworking projects.I often get on my scooter fly round my old companies building sites scroungeing old used timber.Love to find new uses for old materials hope you enjoy this site as much as i do.REGARDS MICK /UK.

STEVE ROPER said:

Hi Micheal the last year I' ve been busy building a hovercraft it is a sevtec suveryor 16 ' and building little projects . My son wants me to build a bedroom set for him I told him i could  buy one cheaper he said ya but I want one you built, he loves the shaker style funiture. This KREG system will sure come in handy doing this big project.    

michael evans said:

Good to hear from you steve,sounds like you got your hands full with all those builds.The pleasure of making something yourself far exceeds the costs.I love shaker style furniture ,i am in the middle of making my first shaker style piece.Its a coat rack for our hall ,post some pics when done with the aid of my eldest daughter as i am rubbish with I.T. have a good week regards mick .

Hello everybody!

I just joined the club and have a question:

I have free 10 kg of Phillips Flat Wood Screws, like this one but black.

Dimensions are: length - 1 1/2". Diameter is 3mm. 

Which Kreg Jig Set is most suitable for this type of screw?

Thank you in advance!

Faraj from Baku

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Need Help?

For Technical Support, please call 800-447-8638 or send a message. Reps are available Monday through Friday from 8am to 5pm CST. 

Videos

• Add Videos

Forum

Jig settings for 2 ¾ x 1 ½ boards with 30 degree miters?

I making a hex ring out of 2x4s ripped to 2 ¾ inches wide with 30 degree miters.  What setting on the Jig should I used? 1 ½ is too much.  Thanks.Continue

Started by Patrick Halinski in Kreg Jig® Operation Dec 30, 2023.

40mm Cup Hinge Jig Question

Hi All.....I have the 35mm Kreg Jig hinge drill guide. The guide is great for 35mm Hinge Cups, but I have a speciality 40MM hinge cup to drill.Has anyone adapted the Kreg guide to work with 40mm Forsner drill bits? Or have a guide that works…Continue

Started by Ed Anderson in Beginners' Zone Oct 3, 2023.

Product Reviews

New Kreg 720Pro

I saw the video Kreg put out for this new jig and had high hopes for it.

I purchased one today and am very disappointed with it.

First the docking station is extremely cheap. The plastic is pathetic. A Lego has more…

Continue

Posted by Duke Leon on February 15, 2021 at 9:00pm

Not Pleased With Pocket Hole Construction

Several months ago, I purchased the Kreg K4MS so that I could build the Lego Table as outlined on the companion "buildsomething" web site which exclusively uses pocket hole construction.  I have considerable experience with conventional…

Continue

Posted by Robert Ringel on September 17, 2020 at 1:48pm — 9 Comments

© 2024   Created by KregRep.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service

_