Kreg Owners' Community

Welcome to the Kreg Owners' Community!

This thread is the best place to introduce yourself and let other Community members get to know you. Please include your name, where you're from, your experience building with wood, why you joined this Community, and any other interesting facts about yourself. Also, feel free to share links to your blog, personal website, etc.

Once you've introduced yourself, be sure to check out Helpful Tips for New Members.

We hope that you find great use and enjoyment from the Kreg Owners' Community!

-KregRep

Views: 76952

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hello My Name Is Don I live in Ohio I am just beginner trying to redefine myself

Hi!

My name's Peter, and about a week ago, after letting it sit unopened in the basement for roughly a year, I broke out my wife's Kreg Jig for use on our daughter's birthday 3rd present.  Now it's my second favorite tool in the shop!

Welcome and well done Peter.

So where are the pickies?

Post by Steve Graves

I just recently purchased another Kreg Pocket Jig with which I am very pleased, I have always been very pleased with all Kreg products. I saw the website on the paperwork in the box and thought I would join, so here I am from Tennessee waiting on new ideas and enjoying the nice photo's of other members projects.

Hello Julia

Have some space at bottom of garden and looking to build starw bale shed any advise would be appreciated.

regards

Dewi

Julia Margaret Brighom said:

My name is Julia and I live in northern NM. I am a real beginner. My husband and I have built a straw bale house and so I have done a lot od the work on the inside; tile, walls, some electrical and now I need to build our closets. I thought the Kreg tool could help so I am ready to go. I am also an artist/painter and I thought this tool could help me build frames.

Hi Peter

Had mine for a few months now - started to make shelf and drawer units to store

some tools and equipment acquired over the years - 1st hole - 1st mistake had

not set the drill right - now have hole in base of jig -oops!!!

Peter Rossi said:

Hi!

My name's Peter, and about a week ago, after letting it sit unopened in the basement for roughly a year, I broke out my wife's Kreg Jig for use on our daughter's birthday 3rd present.  Now it's my second favorite tool in the shop!

hello, my name is Paul, and i live in Joplin Missouri. I am a beginner at this wood working stuff. even though i am a beginner, i feel so totally stupid. you see, i am trying to build a night stand for my wife, and i am using 1 1/2" wood, and when i went to screw the parts together, the 1 1/2" screws i used were not big enough to hold the parts together, so i ended up using 2 1/2" screws instead. i wish i knew what i am doing wrong. 

Howdy Paul,

Check out the videos on the Kreg Tool website. They're located in the Media Center section, and there are videos on how to use the tool along with a video on choosing the best screw for your project. Check it out when you can. Lord knows it helped me. :)

Here's the link: Kreg Tool Videos

-- Cheers!

paul la france said:

hello, my name is Paul, and i live in Joplin Missouri. I am a beginner at this wood working stuff. even though i am a beginner, i feel so totally stupid. you see, i am trying to build a night stand for my wife, and i am using 1 1/2" wood, and when i went to screw the parts together, the 1 1/2" screws i used were not big enough to hold the parts together, so i ended up using 2 1/2" screws instead. i wish i knew what i am doing wrong. 

Hello all. Im Shawn from Fremont In.   I've been building cabinets and furniture for the home for about 10 years. I bought the Kreg master system about 3yrs ago, and it has taken my cabinet building to a whole new level. Case work faceframes  and drawers have never been easier. Frome the new woodworker to the advanced everyone can benifit from this great tool......I am however  looking for any advice I can get, on a solid "Futon Sofa plan". There are so many options out there on the mechanisms used. From the "clic clak" "the "metal glide" to the "3/4" dowel"...Im looking to build at least five full size frames. I could realy use all the help I can get on where to find a good plan and cut list, and cost effective mechanisnm....Thank you sooo much for all of your help!!!! Shawn

Hello my name is Gail I live in Fort Worth Tx, I am an Registered Nurse and have done some wood crafting with a biscut joiner and glue,doesn't hold very well. But since I learn every thing on my own I may not have added enough glue. Anyway I have not purchased a Kreg Jig yet but i will be doing so with in the next week. My 11 year old grandson and I are going to make a bench. will send pictures of our first project.

Hello Gail and welcome to the Comunity.   It is good to have you aboard. Here you will find many excellent members who like to share and answer questions.  Although a biscuit jointer has it's place in wood working you will fine that the Kreg Jig will replace most of the need for one.  The Kreg Jig is an excellent and wise investment and will go along ways in your enjoyment in woodworking.   Looking forward to seeing your Grandson and your bench as well as many more projects from you.  Again Welcome to the Community. 

gail prysiazny said:

Hello my name is Gail I live in Fort Worth Tx, I am an Registered Nurse and have done some wood crafting with a biscut joiner and glue,doesn't hold very well. But since I learn every thing on my own I may not have added enough glue. Anyway I have not purchased a Kreg Jig yet but i will be doing so with in the next week. My 11 year old grandson and I are going to make a bench. will send pictures of our first project.

My name is Wade and I live in Palacios Texas.I am an ex commercial fisherman with experience in boat construction.I had the opportunity to work beside the pioneer of plywood shrimp boat building back when I got my first boat.I guess before Melvin made them only PT Boats and small pleasure boats were built out of plywood.A Skilsaw, a Montgomery Ward electric planer and a sander were the primary tools.Twenty years of my life were spent on the water with two layers of half inch plywood separating me from the local bays.A two year hitch as a machinist gave me a new outlook on how things should be made.I have taken what I learned as a machinist and applied it to woodworking.I still use calipers to measure although its not really necessary but it usually ends an argument.I guess working with two masters at their work taught me patience is your best friend.The other "p" word, "panic" is your worst enemy.Use your push stick and the big red button was put there for a reason.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Need Help?

For Technical Support, please call 800-447-8638 or send a message. Reps are available Monday through Friday from 8am to 5pm CST. 

Videos

• Add Videos

Forum

Jig settings for 2 ¾ x 1 ½ boards with 30 degree miters?

I making a hex ring out of 2x4s ripped to 2 ¾ inches wide with 30 degree miters.  What setting on the Jig should I used? 1 ½ is too much.  Thanks.Continue

Started by Patrick Halinski in Kreg Jig® Operation Dec 30, 2023.

40mm Cup Hinge Jig Question

Hi All.....I have the 35mm Kreg Jig hinge drill guide. The guide is great for 35mm Hinge Cups, but I have a speciality 40MM hinge cup to drill.Has anyone adapted the Kreg guide to work with 40mm Forsner drill bits? Or have a guide that works…Continue

Started by Ed Anderson in Beginners' Zone Oct 3, 2023.

Product Reviews

New Kreg 720Pro

I saw the video Kreg put out for this new jig and had high hopes for it.

I purchased one today and am very disappointed with it.

First the docking station is extremely cheap. The plastic is pathetic. A Lego has more…

Continue

Posted by Duke Leon on February 15, 2021 at 9:00pm

Not Pleased With Pocket Hole Construction

Several months ago, I purchased the Kreg K4MS so that I could build the Lego Table as outlined on the companion "buildsomething" web site which exclusively uses pocket hole construction.  I have considerable experience with conventional…

Continue

Posted by Robert Ringel on September 17, 2020 at 1:48pm — 9 Comments

© 2024   Created by KregRep.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service

_