Kreg Owners' Community

Welcome to the Kreg Owners' Community!

This thread is the best place to introduce yourself and let other Community members get to know you. Please include your name, where you're from, your experience building with wood, why you joined this Community, and any other interesting facts about yourself. Also, feel free to share links to your blog, personal website, etc.

Once you've introduced yourself, be sure to check out Helpful Tips for New Members.

We hope that you find great use and enjoyment from the Kreg Owners' Community!

-KregRep

Views: 76952

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

roll top desk shouldn;t be too hard. The tambor is a cloth with slats affixed with glue. the track for the tambor is done with a router. The rest is pretty basic.  probably get plans on line or at the library. try it. it should be fun. TF
Hey, Jigman. I seem to spend most of my time on projects requiring some type of jig or another. If you don't take time to jig up correctly it will usually cost you a piece of good wood. If you have a knack for jigs your in the right hobby. TF

jigman said:

Hello everyone,   I am jigman,   now that name comes from two sources.  One is woodworking and the other is fishing.    It seems I am always making some sort of jig to get something done in wood working.  I think we all do that.  The other is fishing.   Jigging is one form of fishing that we do for saltwater fishing.   I have been doing wood working for years and  I am self taught.  I will never be a craftsman in the field of woodworking.    I just see  what I want to make and make it.  Nothing special about that.  

I make jigs all the time.  Most are disposable after I use them.  They are usually speciality jigs.   I made one for my drillpress to drill holes for a bookcase shelves.  It finally warped over the years.  I will have to make another stronger one.  I will be doing a couple or more bookcases this summer.  Now not all my jigs are for wood working.   I make all kinds of things in my small shop.  
 I plan on taking my drawing desk design and making it into a roll top desk on my next one.   It wil be used for a fishing tackle work station.  I will see which type top will work best.

Thomas M Foster said:
roll top desk shouldn;t be too hard. The tambor is a cloth with slats affixed with glue. the track for the tambor is done with a router. The rest is pretty basic.  probably get plans on line or at the library. try it. it should be fun. TF

Good work on the tambour door Ray

Ray Lattman said:

I can e-mail you the plans I have from the 1980's. I also have full size plans for a 50x30 roll top desk. let me know, my e-mail is flyray@snet.net

jigman said:

I plan on taking my drawing desk design and making it into a roll top desk on my next one.   It wil be used for a fishing tackle work station.  I will see which type top will work best.

Thomas M Foster said:
Wow...that is beautiful Ray...

Robert Brennan said:

Good work on the tambour door Ray

Ray Lattman said:

Hello everyone.  I have been looking at all of the beautiful work and decided I would join this group so I can comment and maybe ask a question once in a while.  I should have gotten one of these Kreg jigs years ago. What a genius tool.  My name is Mitch Poland.
IM Adrian And I just started to cut me some wood, Im looking for some plans to start using my Kregg Jig.

Adrian,

Download the Kreg Cabinets for a start, its full of how to use the jig as well then scan the hunderds of pictures in the "photos" section here, then hit the "free project plans" section, failing that surf the net for free plans, or if you must you can buy some, but only a a last resort as most of the free plans are from people like yourself who are sharing Knowledge, currently I am building a box for my router bits and to the disgust of my wife its a scale coffin, its all from trial and error and I am documentating and photographing each step so I can make another one later or share my knowledge with otheres if they desire

Robert Brennan

Morningside

Brisbane

Queensland

Australia

My  products may get some strange looks, I bet that one will beat mine for looks and commets.  Scale coffing.  : )
Here it is sitting on the table saw
Attachments:

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Need Help?

For Technical Support, please call 800-447-8638 or send a message. Reps are available Monday through Friday from 8am to 5pm CST. 

Videos

• Add Videos

Forum

Jig settings for 2 ¾ x 1 ½ boards with 30 degree miters?

I making a hex ring out of 2x4s ripped to 2 ¾ inches wide with 30 degree miters.  What setting on the Jig should I used? 1 ½ is too much.  Thanks.Continue

Started by Patrick Halinski in Kreg Jig® Operation Dec 30, 2023.

40mm Cup Hinge Jig Question

Hi All.....I have the 35mm Kreg Jig hinge drill guide. The guide is great for 35mm Hinge Cups, but I have a speciality 40MM hinge cup to drill.Has anyone adapted the Kreg guide to work with 40mm Forsner drill bits? Or have a guide that works…Continue

Started by Ed Anderson in Beginners' Zone Oct 3, 2023.

Product Reviews

New Kreg 720Pro

I saw the video Kreg put out for this new jig and had high hopes for it.

I purchased one today and am very disappointed with it.

First the docking station is extremely cheap. The plastic is pathetic. A Lego has more…

Continue

Posted by Duke Leon on February 15, 2021 at 9:00pm

Not Pleased With Pocket Hole Construction

Several months ago, I purchased the Kreg K4MS so that I could build the Lego Table as outlined on the companion "buildsomething" web site which exclusively uses pocket hole construction.  I have considerable experience with conventional…

Continue

Posted by Robert Ringel on September 17, 2020 at 1:48pm — 9 Comments

© 2024   Created by KregRep.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service

_