Kreg Owners' Community

Welcome to the Kreg Owners' Community!

This thread is the best place to introduce yourself and let other Community members get to know you. Please include your name, where you're from, your experience building with wood, why you joined this Community, and any other interesting facts about yourself. Also, feel free to share links to your blog, personal website, etc.

Once you've introduced yourself, be sure to check out Helpful Tips for New Members.

We hope that you find great use and enjoyment from the Kreg Owners' Community!

-KregRep

Views: 76952

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hello everyone, My name is Mary and I live in RI.  I have recently gotten interested in DIY projects and woodworking.  I got the Kreg Jig Master System and the Dremel Trio for Christmas.  My first project was to make a bird feeder (my brother is helping me).  It was so much fun.  I am hoping to learn a lot from everyone here.  : )

Hello All,

My name is Paul and I am located in Fort Worth Tx. I do not have much woodworking experience. I have slowly been building up my tools and watching many videos to see how different techniques are done. I am currently working on a coffee table for myself and hope to build a microwave cabinet soon. I hope to learn from others and pass on what I learn to another new person down the road. I also do photography in my spare time.

Hello All

My name is Doug & I live just north of Detroit Mi. I've always been a DIY type of person & for the past couple of years or so I've gotten into woodworking. So far I have only made several book shelves & an entertainment center nothing fancy just practical. As for Kreg equipment I have an older style K2 set, The Bench Klamp plate set-up with 3” & 6” Klamps, and a Precision Track & Stop System for my miter saw.

Hi my name is Ron Zimmerman I live in Ransomville NY.Ihave been woodworking for about 25yrs on and off. I tend to get myself in over my head but in the short time i have owned the KREG jig it has helped alot. The best part is i know there is alot more i have to learn . Any pointers would be great.  thank you Ron.
Hello. My name is Tim and I live is south east Michigan. I have been enjoying woodworking for about 2 years now. I found a woodworking class and have used pocket screw joinery in class and just purchased  a master set. I hope to use this quite often.
Recently retired, I work out of my garage here in S California.  I love wood projects and want to build an office desk for my wife.  Are there any great plans, pictures, or pictures out there?

Hi all!

I am Dennis and live in Illinois. I am a supervisor by trade for an OEM of automotive products. I have always enjoyed working with wood and have just begun to build some rustic furniture out of cedar logs. I am using the pocket hole joinery to build the furniture. I look forward to learning from all of you.

I am an artist by trade, mostly painting and sculpting.  In my younger days I used hand tools to build small projects, such as bookshelves and small cabinets.  I am looking forward to using my jig to build things my wife has been asking me to build for years.

Howdy Y'all!  My name is Jeff, I live in Hattiesburg, MS and I have enjoyed my Kreg jig for about a year now.  My last project was to join several pieces of African Mahogany together to form a new top for my wife's dresser.  The old top had been destroyed during our house fire 6 years ago.  We had kept it with the hope of replacing it one day.  Well I manned up and created a very nice reproduction of the original. Had some hurdles but the end product was awesome.
Howdy, My name is Don and I live just outside Shreveport. I'm retired, about 3 years now, from Railroad Communications.  My other hobbies are Ham Radio, hunting and fishing and photographic.  A real novice at woodworking.  The wife wanted me to build some shelves for the activities room.  I though about how to do this and make it look good.  Then I though some more and had a plan working when I saw a Kregjig commercial on TV.  Boy what an eye opener. thing suddenly looked doable.  So I bought the KregJig system and some wood and screws and dove right in.  I've build myself a work bench, from plans off the web site, using the system.  Turned out OK for a newbie.  A few more learning projects and I'm going to tackle those shelves.
Hello, My name is Natalie I live in Agoura, CA. I used to do woodworking a lot in the past and I feel it's time to start back at it. I recently received the Kreg jig for X-mas and will be starting my first project tomorrow. I will be building a TV stand/cabinet.
My name is Pedro P. I live in Southern California I just got my kreg jig for Christmas from my wife and it is the best present I have ever got I felt like a kid getting a new toy on Xmas morning. I messed around with my kreg jig and made some sample joints on some scrap pieces of wood. Now I am ready to start my first project cant wait.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Need Help?

For Technical Support, please call 800-447-8638 or send a message. Reps are available Monday through Friday from 8am to 5pm CST. 

Videos

• Add Videos

Forum

Jig settings for 2 ¾ x 1 ½ boards with 30 degree miters?

I making a hex ring out of 2x4s ripped to 2 ¾ inches wide with 30 degree miters.  What setting on the Jig should I used? 1 ½ is too much.  Thanks.Continue

Started by Patrick Halinski in Kreg Jig® Operation Dec 30, 2023.

40mm Cup Hinge Jig Question

Hi All.....I have the 35mm Kreg Jig hinge drill guide. The guide is great for 35mm Hinge Cups, but I have a speciality 40MM hinge cup to drill.Has anyone adapted the Kreg guide to work with 40mm Forsner drill bits? Or have a guide that works…Continue

Started by Ed Anderson in Beginners' Zone Oct 3, 2023.

Product Reviews

New Kreg 720Pro

I saw the video Kreg put out for this new jig and had high hopes for it.

I purchased one today and am very disappointed with it.

First the docking station is extremely cheap. The plastic is pathetic. A Lego has more…

Continue

Posted by Duke Leon on February 15, 2021 at 9:00pm

Not Pleased With Pocket Hole Construction

Several months ago, I purchased the Kreg K4MS so that I could build the Lego Table as outlined on the companion "buildsomething" web site which exclusively uses pocket hole construction.  I have considerable experience with conventional…

Continue

Posted by Robert Ringel on September 17, 2020 at 1:48pm — 9 Comments

© 2024   Created by KregRep.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service

_