Kreg Owners' Community

Welcome to the Kreg Owners' Community!

This thread is the best place to introduce yourself and let other Community members get to know you. Please include your name, where you're from, your experience building with wood, why you joined this Community, and any other interesting facts about yourself. Also, feel free to share links to your blog, personal website, etc.

Once you've introduced yourself, be sure to check out Helpful Tips for New Members.

We hope that you find great use and enjoyment from the Kreg Owners' Community!

-KregRep

Views: 76984

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks and I'm working on a few more projects using the Kreg System. Boy, this thing is the trick. I had been using dowels and a lot of glue but now I still use a little glue and a very few dowels. I have just finished another baby bed and will share some things with anyone who ask. Making plans to build a roll top desk as my next project. Will up-date as I go. Thanks again Kreg.
Hey everyone. My name is Stephen, I live in the panhandle of Texas. I've done some home improvement projects and recently obtained the Kreg Jr. My first project to use this on is with the countertops for my kitchen that I'm soon to finish up. They are solid butcher block and i figured the pocket hole would work pretty good on the joints.
Hello! My name is Rem & i live in Houston.
Just introducing myself to the Kreg community. Not much to say other than I am a beginner and can't wait to use my Kreg. Hope I win the router table. Then I will have an excuse to buy a new router. LOL
Elisardo Madrid
hi, my name is mike lavan. i live in the charleston,s.c. area for a little while longer. my family is moving to fairbanks , ak. in march of 2011. job upgrade(wife). i am disabled and do woodworking for fun and to keep my mind occupied. how about some plans for a work bench for a wheel chair or scooter. thanks for any help you can give me.
I am looking for new plans to make things for the house and of course win this beautiful prize. Wouldn't that be great?.Romeo
Gday my name is Al and I'm from Melbourne, Australia.
I have been dabbling in Woodwork since high school, I find its a great stress releaving hobby and enjoy my time in my shed making sawdust. I enjoy the challenge of designing and building new projects for my family and friends. I purchased my first pocket hole jig about six years ago and have recently updated to the Kreg Jig Master System.

Regards,
Al
My name is Julia and I live in northern NM. I am a real beginner. My husband and I have built a straw bale house and so I have done a lot od the work on the inside; tile, walls, some electrical and now I need to build our closets. I thought the Kreg tool could help so I am ready to go. I am also an artist/painter and I thought this tool could help me build frames.
Hi - my name is Edward Johnson, but I am commonly called Roy - your choice. I was driving a friend's truck from Texas to northern Ontario, Canada for him, and was staying overnight in a funky motel and not sleeping too well - so I'm watching late TV (probably around 3 AM) when an "infomercial" for Kreg jigs came on! I immediately said to myself "I have to get one of those". When I got back home, I did some browsing for a source for the tool and put in my order. I'm looking forward to using the tool but haven't decided on a project yet.

Thanks Kreg!
Hello Everyone,

My name is joe and I live In cental Texas city of Helotes. I am new to wood working and I am setting up my shop for when i retirer. I have been a general contractor for my own buissies,where i buildt 2 restaurents, but i still have a lot yo learn. I have also bought kreg pockethole kit and i am practising with its easy to use. I look foreward to learning more and getting new ideas from others.
Hello, My name is Ross i line in Illinois, i have a lot of hobbies and woodworking is one that i enjoy, i have done pocket joinery with a home made jig but recently purchased a kreg jig and love it works a lot better than my home made jig. i will be lurking around the forms and ill post my pics of projects that i build with the Kreg jig.
Hello fellow Kreg Jig owners. My name is Jim Kipping, and I was introduced to the Kreg Jig in kind of a unique way. You see I make a living with my voice. In a nutshell, I record scripts for products, act in commercials, animations, infomercials. Currently I am in the voice in Netflix national direct response TV commercial airing coast to coast. I was contacted by the same producer of those commercials to be the voice of one of the infomercials currently running nationwide for the Kreg Jig, now in our 3rd year. I am, however, not just a pretty voice (sarcastic), but am a builder. A builder of things. I am Creative Services Director of a group of radio stations in Austin TX, and am about to embark on a project as Executive Producer for the Dean and Derek Show, yes the guys form DIY Indoors Out and Rock Solid. This show will be a call in interactive show that you can hear anywhere via the web or as close as your IPhone. It’s going to be pretty exciting. With all of what I do for a living, my wife and I built my recording studio, literally from the ground up. We lived in that structure while we also contracted and built our dream house... http://www.PoggioSecco.com, many of the jobs being done with my own two hands. I am currently putting the finishing touches on an outside kitchen project which includes a 42" wood fired Pizza/Bread oven which really helps to round out our Italian/Tuscan feel of our project. So as you can tell, we are pretty ambitious to say the least. After Kreg found out I am a builder, I received a package with the jig to test drive on my projects. I am hooked. I just poured about 3100 lbs of custom concrete for countertops on my project, AND I found that the Kreg Jig was perfect for quickly building forms and making them strong to hold back the thousands of pounds of weight that comes with pouring concrete. It worked perfectly, and the forms held up beautifully!! So, that is my introduction. This is my story. Once I am finished with my kitchen, next year’s project is a small wine room which I intend on making custom wine racks with the jig. Make it simple, make it quick, but make it strong. that is what I learned from the Kreg system. So not only do I represent them with my voice, much like I am an avid supporter of Netflix, I am a user of both products and feel passionately about each. So... HELLO Kreg Peeps!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Need Help?

For Technical Support, please call 800-447-8638 or send a message. Reps are available Monday through Friday from 8am to 5pm CST. 

Videos

• Add Videos

Forum

Jig settings for 2 ¾ x 1 ½ boards with 30 degree miters?

I making a hex ring out of 2x4s ripped to 2 ¾ inches wide with 30 degree miters.  What setting on the Jig should I used? 1 ½ is too much.  Thanks.Continue

Started by Patrick Halinski in Kreg Jig® Operation Dec 30, 2023.

40mm Cup Hinge Jig Question

Hi All.....I have the 35mm Kreg Jig hinge drill guide. The guide is great for 35mm Hinge Cups, but I have a speciality 40MM hinge cup to drill.Has anyone adapted the Kreg guide to work with 40mm Forsner drill bits? Or have a guide that works…Continue

Started by Ed Anderson in Beginners' Zone Oct 3, 2023.

Product Reviews

New Kreg 720Pro

I saw the video Kreg put out for this new jig and had high hopes for it.

I purchased one today and am very disappointed with it.

First the docking station is extremely cheap. The plastic is pathetic. A Lego has more…

Continue

Posted by Duke Leon on February 15, 2021 at 9:00pm

Not Pleased With Pocket Hole Construction

Several months ago, I purchased the Kreg K4MS so that I could build the Lego Table as outlined on the companion "buildsomething" web site which exclusively uses pocket hole construction.  I have considerable experience with conventional…

Continue

Posted by Robert Ringel on September 17, 2020 at 1:48pm — 9 Comments

© 2024   Created by KregRep.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service

_