Kreg Owners' Community

Welcome to the Kreg Owners' Community!

This thread is the best place to introduce yourself and let other Community members get to know you. Please include your name, where you're from, your experience building with wood, why you joined this Community, and any other interesting facts about yourself. Also, feel free to share links to your blog, personal website, etc.

Once you've introduced yourself, be sure to check out Helpful Tips for New Members.

We hope that you find great use and enjoyment from the Kreg Owners' Community!

-KregRep

Views: 75287

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi, I'm Barry from Jacksonville Florida. I consider myself an average DIYER, not a woodworker. I recently bought a pocket hole jig to make a shelf for the laundry room. The shelf is going in my shed, but the pocket holes were perfect. Still have to build the shelf. 

Hello, I am Josh, newb from Wisconsin. Just got a K5 Master kit. Can't wait to start using it.

Hello.  Go by Jim.  Live in the DFW area.

Starting to do more wood working to build some skills so when I retire (hopefully in about 6-8 years) I will keep busy making furniture for our retirement home.  Right now the only thing our furniture has in common is the Ikea label.

Hi my name is Mike and I live in NH.  I have been enjoying woodworking for years.  I have owned a cabinet shop and furniture shop. My son now runs the furniture shop.  I fell in love with Kreg products a long time ago.  Its one of the best products I have used.  In my area I usually do a couple Kreg demo's a year. Looking forward to seeing everyone's projects and sharing mine.

This is as basic as it gets!  My first attempt at using a Kreg jig (K5).  Since my workbench is buried in the shed under a decade's worth of old decorations, I figured it would be easier to build a new workbench than to dig the old one out.  I still have to glue the top two MDFs together but you get the idea.  The only cutting tool I had to work with was a Bladerunner X2 Portable saw.  It's a fun, lightweight saw, but at the end of the day, it's a jig saw mounted upside down.  Some of the wood was a bit tough to cut perfectly straight.  I've since gotten a chop saw.  Also, the jig saw cuts for the shelf was a bit (a lot) off but the project was a fun initiation into what a total novice (me!) can do with the Kreg K5.  Now I have a workbench.  Next project is a series of garage shelf units so I can make room for it in the garage.

Good morning! My name is Ron and I live in Westchester County, NY. For those of you not familiar, Westchester is just North of NYC but there's still a lot of open space here. Trying to get back into woodworking and not sure which Kreg product to start with. Looking for some input before I call the company for their recommendations.

Hi Ron,

I started off with the K5 system and a number of other little items, multi-mark, screw wheel, etc.  I have my eye on a couple of the Mobile Project Centers.  Just knocked out an 8' 4-tiers shelving unit for the garage last weekend.  All I had was the K5 jig system, a chop saw, tape measure (pencil), speed square and a drill.  Great little jig that K5.  Many improvements over the K4 and worth the money.

Mark

Hey Mark,

Thanks for the info. Will begin looking around for the best deal.

Mark Buono said:

Hi Ron,

I started off with the K5 system and a number of other little items, multi-mark, screw wheel, etc.  I have my eye on a couple of the Mobile Project Centers.  Just knocked out an 8' 4-tiers shelving unit for the garage last weekend.  All I had was the K5 jig system, a chop saw, tape measure (pencil), speed square and a drill.  Great little jig that K5.  Many improvements over the K4 and worth the money.

Mark

Hello everyone. Newbie here.

Cheers, Larita!

Larita P Willaims said:

Hello everyone. Newbie here.

Hello there! My name is Sebastian and I live in Cordoba, Argentina.

I have been into woodworking for almost 3 years, and it's both a therapy and help in the house. I recently bought a Kreg R3 but I'm strugling with purchasing the screws. I just got the chance to request some to a friend that is travelling in the US, but it sucks to have to use the drywall ones.

I'll post the pocket joinery projects as soon as I have them, thank you for adding me to the community!

Hello, My name is Larry Grimes. I'm a retired aircraft electrician. I moved from Oregon back to Missouri to the farm that I was raised on. I built a dome home from a kit here on the farm. I recently bought a Kreg K4 pocket hole jig, it works great. So I guess I've got the bug and doing a few simple projects to start with. I'm still a beginner though. That is why I here to learn what I can.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Need Help?

For Technical Support, please call 800-447-8638 or send a message. Reps are available Monday through Friday from 8am to 5pm CST. 

Videos

• Add Videos

Forum

Pantry slides for heavy application

Recently purchased two 96" tall pantry cabinets that are 23" deep that only came with two adjustable shelves and two fixed, (one at about 55" and one at the very bottom).  Shelf holes in the walls are drilled 2" O.C.  Like most store-bought…Continue

Tags: drawer, slides, pantry, pull-out, 75-Lb

Started by Paul Coon in General Woodworking Aug 11.

Miter Saw Recommendation 1 Reply

I’m looking to upgrade my miter saw. I’m willing to invest a good amount of money to get one with the precision pocket hole joinery requires. Would anyone like to offer a recommended model?

Started by Joe Racz in Beginners' Zone. Last reply by Scott Davison Oct 6.

Product Reviews

New Kreg 720Pro

I saw the video Kreg put out for this new jig and had high hopes for it.

I purchased one today and am very disappointed with it.

First the docking station is extremely cheap. The plastic is pathetic. A Lego has more…

Continue

Posted by Duke Leon on February 15, 2021 at 9:00pm

Not Pleased With Pocket Hole Construction

Several months ago, I purchased the Kreg K4MS so that I could build the Lego Table as outlined on the companion "buildsomething" web site which exclusively uses pocket hole construction.  I have considerable experience with conventional…

Continue

Posted by Robert Ringel on September 17, 2020 at 1:48pm — 8 Comments

© 2021   Created by KregRep.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service

_