Kreg Owners' Community

Welcome to the Kreg Owners' Community!

This thread is the best place to introduce yourself and let other Community members get to know you. Please include your name, where you're from, your experience building with wood, why you joined this Community, and any other interesting facts about yourself. Also, feel free to share links to your blog, personal website, etc.

Once you've introduced yourself, be sure to check out Helpful Tips for New Members.

We hope that you find great use and enjoyment from the Kreg Owners' Community!

-KregRep

Views: 76951

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I don't really know myself, the wife wanted a side table for her plants so I did that, then she wanted bedside tables so I'm in the process of doing them and next she wants a head board for the bed. Because I'm using recycled timber i can't really follow any plans because the chances of me having the correct stuff isn't very good so I've been planning it out on a piece of paper then see what works. I think a friend has a mitre saw gathering dust in his shed, I'll see if I can borrow it before committing to such an expensive purchase. Thanks to you and Joe for the tips

Roger Waskow said:

Hi John

All depends on what you wish to do. I have a lot of wood working tools because I built most everything for myself and others. I reckon the first thing to build is a solid work bench. For that a handsaw is good enough but it's difficult to give you advice if I don't know what you are intending to build. If you come across a hand tool and you are setting up a workshop and the tool is a very good bargain by all means get it. This is what I mostly do and I use most of my tools on a regular basis bar a jigsaw. Can't even remember when I last used it. 

John Connors said:

I don't really know myself, the wife wanted a side table for her plants so I did that, then she wanted bedside tables so I'm in the process of doing them and next she wants a head board for the bed. Because I'm using recycled timber i can't really follow any plans because the chances of me having the correct stuff isn't very good so I've been planning it out on a piece of paper then see what works. I think a friend has a mitre saw gathering dust in his shed, I'll see if I can borrow it before committing to such an expensive purchase. Thanks to you and Joe for the tips

Roger Waskow said:

Hi John

All depends on what you wish to do. I have a lot of wood working tools because I built most everything for myself and others. I reckon the first thing to build is a solid work bench. For that a handsaw is good enough but it's difficult to give you advice if I don't know what you are intending to build. If you come across a hand tool and you are setting up a workshop and the tool is a very good bargain by all means get it. This is what I mostly do and I use most of my tools on a regular basis bar a jigsaw. Can't even remember when I last used it. 

Hi John,

If a straight cut is an issue I found attaching a piece of  pine to a sheet of plywood is effective. If you line up the pine (5cm wide eg) and glue this onto the plywood edge you can then plant your circular saw and cut the plywood using the pine as the guide. You end up with a straight edge guide that you can use the edge of the plywood as a mark for the cut. Just remember to alow for the blade width. Really useful too when a mitre saw won't cut the width you are chasing.

Chris. (Perth)

Hi John

Here is a link to a great woodwork forum. Worthwhile joining as there are tons of advice available.

http://www.woodworkforums.com/

Regards

Roger

My name is Peter. I am from NJ. I have been doing woodworking and home improvement project for some time. I like the Kreg products especially the multi-mark. I own a deck jig, which helped me build a 800 SQ Foot deck and the K5 master system.

I have posted a project on an AC enclosure that I built with the K5 system.

thanks!

-pfalco

My name is Dave Zimprich. I live in North Prairie, WI. I have been doing woodworking for the last 35 years. Just recently bought a Kreg system and love it. 

Hi my name is George nixon im from Ireland i do small jobs about my town and i got the k5 jig two months ago and has made my job better i am looking forward to lerning more about this jig and getting some tips from you all

kind regards to all

New to pocket hole joining and eager to learn how to make some bookcases for my basement.

Hello,

My name is Hugh. I live in southeast Kentucky. I have been doing woodworking on and off for a while. I am retired now and have more time to do more projects, and now I have a stand alone garage to turn into a work shop. I have been wanting a Kreg jig for quite a while and finally bought myself one. The reason I joined the community to see what can be built using the kreg jig, and communicate with like minded people.

I'm David from Pittsburgh Pa. originally But my home is in Pensacola Fla. Actually a novice woodworker ,but a retired maintenance man A/C tech. I'm on Facebook and twiter and looking to enjoy my kits.

Hello,

I just ordered my Kreg K5 Master System. For my first project, I am planning on building a tall rolling Landry Island for my Daughter.

I look forward to searching for ideas here. and appreciate all of the sharing that goes on.

Thanks

My name is Sonja. I live in Kokomo, Indiana.  I have never used a Kreg jig but I have bought the K4 and the DIY Project Kit.  I plan to build a makeup vanity with drawers and lighted mirror for my daughter's birthday.  This will be a challenging project for me as I have never built drawers before.  I did build a shop table years ago and it turned out really good. I am excited and will appreciate any and all suggestions.  I still have a lot of research to do before I start and her birthday is in 5 weeks.  Hope I have enough time.

Hi, My name is Wil. I live in Trenton Utah. I would consider myself to be an intermediate wood worker and carpenter. My grandfather was a master carpenter and a master cabinet maker from Norway. He taught my father and my father taught me. I have been doing carpentry since I was about 10 years old. I have been doing shelves and simple cabinets since I was 16. When I hit my 30's my dad decided I was good enough to help him build cabinets for his home and few other peoples homes. I worked with him from time to time until he retired a few years ago.

Currently I am remodeling my home. It is a 1927 Craftsman home that has been given no love. I just finished the front room. I hand built wainscoting in my living room then painted and finished it. Everyone who sees it is impressed. The wainscoting has been my biggest project in quite a while. I also laid in new Wood Flooring. The wood flooring is Hickory. My wife wants me to build a new entertainment center, a couple of matching lamp tables and a coffee table. I guess this will be my next project after I finish remodeling. Hopefully the house will be finished this year so I can work on other projects that I have started but not finished. It has been a 10 year project and it is almost finished.

I own several Kreg clamps, pocket jigs and other odds and ends from Kreg. My shop is a mixture of tools that I have bought over the years. I joined because I am always looking for new ideas on different projects that I can build for my family. Since I retired 2 years ago I have lots more time to be in my shop. A place I love to be in.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Need Help?

For Technical Support, please call 800-447-8638 or send a message. Reps are available Monday through Friday from 8am to 5pm CST. 

Videos

• Add Videos

Forum

Jig settings for 2 ¾ x 1 ½ boards with 30 degree miters?

I making a hex ring out of 2x4s ripped to 2 ¾ inches wide with 30 degree miters.  What setting on the Jig should I used? 1 ½ is too much.  Thanks.Continue

Started by Patrick Halinski in Kreg Jig® Operation Dec 30, 2023.

40mm Cup Hinge Jig Question

Hi All.....I have the 35mm Kreg Jig hinge drill guide. The guide is great for 35mm Hinge Cups, but I have a speciality 40MM hinge cup to drill.Has anyone adapted the Kreg guide to work with 40mm Forsner drill bits? Or have a guide that works…Continue

Started by Ed Anderson in Beginners' Zone Oct 3, 2023.

Product Reviews

New Kreg 720Pro

I saw the video Kreg put out for this new jig and had high hopes for it.

I purchased one today and am very disappointed with it.

First the docking station is extremely cheap. The plastic is pathetic. A Lego has more…

Continue

Posted by Duke Leon on February 15, 2021 at 9:00pm

Not Pleased With Pocket Hole Construction

Several months ago, I purchased the Kreg K4MS so that I could build the Lego Table as outlined on the companion "buildsomething" web site which exclusively uses pocket hole construction.  I have considerable experience with conventional…

Continue

Posted by Robert Ringel on September 17, 2020 at 1:48pm — 9 Comments

© 2024   Created by KregRep.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service

_