Kreg Owners' Community

Welcome to the Kreg Owners' Community!

This thread is the best place to introduce yourself and let other Community members get to know you. Please include your name, where you're from, your experience building with wood, why you joined this Community, and any other interesting facts about yourself. Also, feel free to share links to your blog, personal website, etc.

Once you've introduced yourself, be sure to check out Helpful Tips for New Members.

We hope that you find great use and enjoyment from the Kreg Owners' Community!

-KregRep

Views: 76990

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hey, my name is Kevin, I'm recently retired and live in Tennessee. My Wife and I are currently doing a kitchen/bath makeover and needed to convert some pullout shelves to pullout boxes. Assembly was made easier with the Kreg pocket screw jig. This should keep stuff from falling off in the back of the cabinet.
Michelle, it is very therapeutic and meditative to work with your hands, be it with wood, leather, crochet or whatever hobby you choose to involve yourself with. Keep working at it, teach your children the skills. Let it grow and the feeling of 1) accomplishment and 2) the satisfaction that what you've built will last even for your children. Good luck and god speed.

Hello, my name is John and I live in southeast Michigan. About an hour north of Detroit. I am the type of guy who likes to challenge himself with projects and repairs by doing them myself. We bought my Father in law a Kreg Jig about 3 years ago and he made many different things with it. Well he passed away and the one thing I that was left to me was his tools including his Kreg Jig. I am excited to start working with it, as the wife is already asked me to start picking out a couple projects for the winter months. I am very comfortable with tools and finish carpentry, so adding this to my repertoire is a bonus for sure. I am looking for some different King Size bed plans if anyone has input. Thanks for welcoming me to your group. 

Hello all,

I'm a retired professor who finally has been released from my desk to return to my carpentry and woodworking.  I also do stained glass, with a particular interest in integrating found materials--driftwood and broken glass with my designs.  I'm new to Kreg tools, having only done a few projects with them.

Best regards, Billie

Interested in your stained glass work and whether you're close enough for me to come look at some of it. Welcome!!

Billie Wahlstrom said:

Hello all,

I'm a retired professor who finally has been released from my desk to return to my carpentry and woodworking.  I also do stained glass, with a particular interest in integrating found materials--driftwood and broken glass with my designs.  I'm new to Kreg tools, having only done a few projects with them.

Best regards, Billie

Hello everyone, I'm Billy.  I live in Southern Maryland (where I retired from the US Navy) but am actually born and raised in the Dallas, Tex area. I've been woodworking for 20 years.  I  have a two car garage, which I convert into a wood shop in 15 mins and turn it back into a garage in about 20 minutes.  I mostly use a Shopsmith Mark V, but have planer, router & table, Joiner, and many other toys. Makes it difficult for large projects.  I also scuba dive, do a lot of hobby welding, PVC projects, play golf, and ride my Harley's.   

Hello my name is Charlie.  I live in Georgia.  I have been piddling with wood working for many years but got serious after I retired.  I have remodeled two kitchens and built small craft projects including a chess board.  I have a small shop that is crowded but functional. The main tool in the shop is my Sawstop Table saw. I have some tools I am still learning to use.  I have a number of Kreg tools and find them all to be useful and of excellent quality.  Looking forward to learning from y'all and improving my skills. 

When I am not working in my shop, I make beer to keep me occupied. 

Hi, I'm Arnold.

My brother in London sent me this link & I immediately signed up. We both do a lot of DIY projects and own Kreg products.  I am about to install crown molding throughout my home as I have just completed the chair rails.  I will post pics as my project unfolds.  After that I intend to tackle my 2 car garage which is so cluttered can only hold one car.

Hello,

My Name Is John And I'm From Cleveland,Oh, I'm New To Wood Working I Started By Building A Few Bird Houses And Now Doing A Keepsake Box. I'm Looking Forward To See What Others Have Built And to see If I Can Build Them. 

Hi folks.  My name is Kevin and I live in London, Ontario.  Been destroying many pieces of lumber in the name of woodworking for many years.  Bought the K5 this week and I'm looking forward to seeing what I can do with it.

Haha. All the intro's start out like a WoodWorker Anonymous group, i.e. "Hi my name is Billy and I'm a Woodworker".  Just had to say it.

My name is Wilf, I live in Vernon, British Columbia.  My interests are building furniture, woodcarving, intarsia and everything "wood".  That is going to change I think, because I have purchased (but not received) a 3D printer.  

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Need Help?

For Technical Support, please call 800-447-8638 or send a message. Reps are available Monday through Friday from 8am to 5pm CST. 

Videos

• Add Videos

Forum

Jig settings for 2 ¾ x 1 ½ boards with 30 degree miters?

I making a hex ring out of 2x4s ripped to 2 ¾ inches wide with 30 degree miters.  What setting on the Jig should I used? 1 ½ is too much.  Thanks.Continue

Started by Patrick Halinski in Kreg Jig® Operation Dec 30, 2023.

40mm Cup Hinge Jig Question

Hi All.....I have the 35mm Kreg Jig hinge drill guide. The guide is great for 35mm Hinge Cups, but I have a speciality 40MM hinge cup to drill.Has anyone adapted the Kreg guide to work with 40mm Forsner drill bits? Or have a guide that works…Continue

Started by Ed Anderson in Beginners' Zone Oct 3, 2023.

Product Reviews

New Kreg 720Pro

I saw the video Kreg put out for this new jig and had high hopes for it.

I purchased one today and am very disappointed with it.

First the docking station is extremely cheap. The plastic is pathetic. A Lego has more…

Continue

Posted by Duke Leon on February 15, 2021 at 9:00pm

Not Pleased With Pocket Hole Construction

Several months ago, I purchased the Kreg K4MS so that I could build the Lego Table as outlined on the companion "buildsomething" web site which exclusively uses pocket hole construction.  I have considerable experience with conventional…

Continue

Posted by Robert Ringel on September 17, 2020 at 1:48pm — 9 Comments

© 2024   Created by KregRep.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service

_