Kreg Owners' Community

Welcome to the Kreg Owners' Community!

This thread is the best place to introduce yourself and let other Community members get to know you. Please include your name, where you're from, your experience building with wood, why you joined this Community, and any other interesting facts about yourself. Also, feel free to share links to your blog, personal website, etc.

Once you've introduced yourself, be sure to check out Helpful Tips for New Members.

We hope that you find great use and enjoyment from the Kreg Owners' Community!

-KregRep

Views: 75285

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Greetings to all.

I'm Adrian and I live in Stellenbosch in South Africa. I retired about two years ago and keep busy by working on my vintage motorcycles and giving something back to the local aviation community. I'm a total woodworking novice and my first project was a TV cabinet made out of MDF (or SupaWood as it's called here). Received my first Kreg items yesterday - Rip Cut and a Square Cut jigs. Also have a K3 and Face Clamp on order. I'm looking forward to being able to make more professional looking pieces of furniture.

Regards.

Welcome Adrain

Hope you enjoy the site and look forward to seeing a project soon.

Regards Robert.

My name is Mark Shipley. I'm from Small Town USA ,Illinois and have made my home in Springfield,Mo. I started working with wood in High School. I did the simple things , like the Jewelry box, Paper towel holder, Roll Top Bread Box, And a Dual Channel Light Organ Box with a Prismatic light cover.

I purchased the Kreg K2000 Pocket Hole Jig Kit in 2005. I used it as a toy to build a practice foot stool and end table out of scrap lumber. It Gave me the confidence to attempt to build a coffee table for our living room. It was our center piece for around 6 years.

Hello I got my Kreg tool to do some book shelf building, and liked it well enough to want to expand my use and skill with it.

I am glad I found the community, and hope I can add the the growth, and spirit here.

Hi there.  I'm Cheryl.  I'm a grandmother of 5 with hopes of getting a playhouse built in my backyard.  I have done only one pocket hole project which was a raised bed for my garden.  I host baseball players and work full time, so time is a sparse commodity, but I am anxious to get ideas and get started on the playhouse.  I also have hopes of lots of other projects in the future.

Hi! I have a K5 with a "bonus" HD jig shipping to me here in Central PA as we speak! I was excited to find this forum, and have been enjoying viewing all your projects.

I am new to woodworking, except for installing baseboard, chair rail and crown moulding to my living room several years ago. I am planning on building an outdoor sectional with the help of the Kreg jig and my husband. I downloaded Google Sketchup yesterday, and have started sketching my plans.

I look forward to getting to know you, and I hope I don't wear out my welcome with too many questions!
Thanks,
Rosemarie

I am glad to be here.  I really like the Kreg pocket hole jig and how it can simplify creating wood joints.  I have used dowels and splines, but find the Kreg jig much easier to use.  I am looking forward to many more wood working projects using this exciting tool.

Regards,

Mark Miller

Its about 12:53 am in Alabama so I am most likely talking to myself but wanted to say I just signed up, just started working with some of the tools, and fixing to try and build the workbench that comes with the Kreg 4. Oh yea, my name is James.

Hi , 

My name is Mike. I have been dabbling in woodworking for about 10 years. I have a small garage workshop and use my side yard for a paint booth. With a tarp for walls and a roof the over spray stays contained. 

My recent Kreg project was a set of three cabinets for our laundry room. I still need to make the
doors and put them on and add some trim at the ceiling.

Name is Josh. I have owned a Kreg Jig for 4 years now. Just now joining the group. I love my jig. Completed a lot of the wife's Pinterest ideas. Will post pictures.

Hello my name is Pat I live in Yorkshire UK I have just got back into woodworking and was inspired by a couple of videos I saw on you tube by Steve Ramsey I had never seen the Kreg system before and thought it was a good way to join wood so got the K4 master system just unpacked it

Hello, My name is Dick and  I live in Western KY.  This was my first project in over 30 years.  We just purchased a Big Green Egg cooker/smoker and  I refused to pay $700.00 for a table/nest.  I went to Lowes, bought a K4, lumber, screws, glue, and some Dark Walnut stain.  Over the 4th of July weekend, with help from my Grandson, built a nest that better suits my needs.  (The bonus is my wife loves it.)

Attachments:

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Need Help?

For Technical Support, please call 800-447-8638 or send a message. Reps are available Monday through Friday from 8am to 5pm CST. 

Videos

• Add Videos

Forum

Pantry slides for heavy application

Recently purchased two 96" tall pantry cabinets that are 23" deep that only came with two adjustable shelves and two fixed, (one at about 55" and one at the very bottom).  Shelf holes in the walls are drilled 2" O.C.  Like most store-bought…Continue

Tags: drawer, slides, pantry, pull-out, 75-Lb

Started by Paul Coon in General Woodworking Aug 11.

Miter Saw Recommendation 1 Reply

I’m looking to upgrade my miter saw. I’m willing to invest a good amount of money to get one with the precision pocket hole joinery requires. Would anyone like to offer a recommended model?

Started by Joe Racz in Beginners' Zone. Last reply by Scott Davison Oct 6.

Product Reviews

New Kreg 720Pro

I saw the video Kreg put out for this new jig and had high hopes for it.

I purchased one today and am very disappointed with it.

First the docking station is extremely cheap. The plastic is pathetic. A Lego has more…

Continue

Posted by Duke Leon on February 15, 2021 at 9:00pm

Not Pleased With Pocket Hole Construction

Several months ago, I purchased the Kreg K4MS so that I could build the Lego Table as outlined on the companion "buildsomething" web site which exclusively uses pocket hole construction.  I have considerable experience with conventional…

Continue

Posted by Robert Ringel on September 17, 2020 at 1:48pm — 8 Comments

© 2021   Created by KregRep.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service

_