Kreg Owners' Community

Welcome to the Kreg Owners' Community!

This thread is the best place to introduce yourself and let other Community members get to know you. Please include your name, where you're from, your experience building with wood, why you joined this Community, and any other interesting facts about yourself. Also, feel free to share links to your blog, personal website, etc.

Once you've introduced yourself, be sure to check out Helpful Tips for New Members.

We hope that you find great use and enjoyment from the Kreg Owners' Community!

-KregRep

Views: 76988

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hello. My name is Darren and I live in Elgin, Oklahoma.  I guess I consider myself a hobbyist woodworker. I bought the Kreg Master System because it really seemed to fulfill one of the most frustrating parts of woodworking for a beginner like me...joinery. I've looked at some of the photos from members here and I'm really impressed. I hope to do as well some day by building up my skills. Thanks for the inspiration!

I'm looking for the jig to build a deck

Tom,

You are here, now just go to Product Reviews and all will be revealed, the kreg deck jig is a great asset in the layout of materials.

regards

Robert Brennan

Hi, my name is Mike and I work in Saudi Arabia but my house is in Guatemala. I am not so impressed with the skills of many tradesmen there, so prefer to try and do things myself. That way, if it's a bit wonky I can only blame myself, rather than have high blood pressure getting mad with other people who supposedly knew what they were doing. I just bought my Kreg kit from a shop in Bahrain, and hopefully enough screws to last me over the summer break, although I am not oversure on that. I plan to start with a bed base and bookshelf headboard, and move onto some cabinets for the kitchen.

Hi - My name is Kevin Hauskins from the Cedar Rapids, IA area. I've always loved woodworking but unfortunately I can't really afford a lot of the equipment I would like to have. I was asked recently to fabricate a  few storm windows for an old $350,000 home. I had just bought my first Kreg jig and it was so easy. I just cut my pieces, drilled the holes and screwed it together, plugged the holes and painted it. Three windows in about 2 hours. Can't wait to see what all I can do with my Kreg.

Hello and welcome Kevin

Cedar Rapids eh from memory Boeing had a fairly big establishment there.

They were not into woodworking though I think the just fooled about with aircraft.

Not to worry there is more to life than Boeing.

Regards

Robert Brennan

Hi, My name is Darren and i live near boston MA. i'm just starting to get into woodworking because i like tinkering around the house and building things, and the kreg jig tv ad makes it look so simple i just had to give it a shot I'll post a pic when i get a project rolling Thanks

Hi! My name Felipe and I'm in Hayward, CA. I’m a beginner and I know enough to be dangerous. I know the basics and I’ve done okay here and there but I’d like to step up and build more professional looking projects. I remodeled my bathroom with help from friends, laid tile, hung drywall, stuff like that. Just got the Kreg Toolboxx Master Collection for Father’s Day and can’t wait to make the workbench. I’m looking forward to talking to you all!

Hi Felipe, welcome to the community.  From the description of the things you have done, you will do just fine.  In this community you will find members whom are well versed on the woodworking trades and  you will learn rapidly.  Many will be very happy to help you with advise and answers to questions and in a short time you will be well on your way to becoming a seasoned woodworker.  Just be sure to ask questions and ask for help when needed.  Again welcome to the Kreg Community.

Felipe de la Rosa said:

Hi! My name Felipe and I'm in Hayward, CA. I’m a beginner and I know enough to be dangerous. I know the basics and I’ve done okay here and there but I’d like to step up and build more professional looking projects. I remodeled my bathroom with help from friends, laid tile, hung drywall, stuff like that. Just got the Kreg Toolboxx Master Collection for Father’s Day and can’t wait to make the workbench. I’m looking forward to talking to you all!

hi my name is Brian Potter, I live in Winchelsea Vic Australia,  I have never done pocket hole joinery before, so this will be exciting, I will try and do the kitchen cabinets , my profile picture is of my daily  drive

G'day,

My name is Sean and I'm from Melbourne, AUSTRALIA. I've always had an interest in wood and wood work and hope to draw on your experiences to help produce some master pieces :)

I have a 2 day old Kreg K3 Master System that is busting to go to work. First project, new closet shelves.

Hello,

My name is Roger.  I recently enjoyed a vacation in Yellowstone National Park.  I saw a rustic coffee table in one of the lodges that has inspired me to build my own.  I think it would be a good application for my pocket hole jig.  I am hoping to find some similar projects and pick up some clues on how to start.  I have used the jig once or twice on some simple funiture fix/repairs, but not much from the ground up.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Need Help?

For Technical Support, please call 800-447-8638 or send a message. Reps are available Monday through Friday from 8am to 5pm CST. 

Videos

• Add Videos

Forum

Jig settings for 2 ¾ x 1 ½ boards with 30 degree miters?

I making a hex ring out of 2x4s ripped to 2 ¾ inches wide with 30 degree miters.  What setting on the Jig should I used? 1 ½ is too much.  Thanks.Continue

Started by Patrick Halinski in Kreg Jig® Operation Dec 30, 2023.

40mm Cup Hinge Jig Question

Hi All.....I have the 35mm Kreg Jig hinge drill guide. The guide is great for 35mm Hinge Cups, but I have a speciality 40MM hinge cup to drill.Has anyone adapted the Kreg guide to work with 40mm Forsner drill bits? Or have a guide that works…Continue

Started by Ed Anderson in Beginners' Zone Oct 3, 2023.

Product Reviews

New Kreg 720Pro

I saw the video Kreg put out for this new jig and had high hopes for it.

I purchased one today and am very disappointed with it.

First the docking station is extremely cheap. The plastic is pathetic. A Lego has more…

Continue

Posted by Duke Leon on February 15, 2021 at 9:00pm

Not Pleased With Pocket Hole Construction

Several months ago, I purchased the Kreg K4MS so that I could build the Lego Table as outlined on the companion "buildsomething" web site which exclusively uses pocket hole construction.  I have considerable experience with conventional…

Continue

Posted by Robert Ringel on September 17, 2020 at 1:48pm — 9 Comments

© 2024   Created by KregRep.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service

_