Kreg Owners' Community

Welcome to the Kreg Owners' Community!
 
This thread is the best place to introduce yourself and let other Community members get to know you. Please include your name, where you're from, your experience building with wood, why you joined this Community, and any other interesting facts about yourself. Also, feel free to share links to your blog, personal website, etc.

Once you've introduced yourself, be sure to check out Helpful Tips for New Members.

We hope that you find great use and enjoyment from the Kreg Owners' Community!

-KregRep

Views: 75002

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi James!


Thank you for the link to the manual showing how to use the jig on angled items.  The manual said to use a table saw or sander to remove the extra material but I think I'll use my draw knife instead.

You are a God Send James!!!! 


James Waller said:

Hello Alita!

 

Here is a link to a K3 Instructional Manual that shows how to use the jig on angled or rounded items. Also has other useful information you might need later on.

 

Kreg Manual

 

 

James,


Thanks for that link.  I've had my jig for a while, but I don't recall having seen the "manual" before.

 

Steve

 

James Waller said:

Hello Alita!

 

Here is a link to a K3 Instructional Manual that shows how to use the jig on angled or rounded items. Also has other useful information you might need later on.

 

Kreg Manual

 

 

Hello Alita, Welcome to the community of Kreg Jig owners, I live in Salem, Oregon about an hours drive north of you.  Like Springfiend alot and been there many times having bought my German Shepherds puppies from Waltersville just on the outskirts of Springfield.  Nice to see another Oregon Member and looking forward to seeing some of your project posted on here.    Again welcome aboard.

Alita Long said:

Hi Everyone!

My name is Alita and I live in Oregon.

I just purchased the Kreg Master system and I'm very excited to start using it.  I started out wood working by using  Sears Contractors Series Scroll Saw and became very skilled with elegant and fancy fretwork clocks among other items.  I then started making simple furniture items like a very simple hutch to display my China just by using a band saw,scroll saw, and my router.  I have the standard must have tools for anyone who does woodworking with the exception of having a planer or joiner.  Will be getting those within the next year or two.  I consider myself a beginner when working from detailed plans - I still need simple ones yet.

 

I joined this forum in the hopes that I can learn many new skills and tips to help me become more proficient.  Since i just got the kreg system I need to learn and fully understand how to use it and the dvd is helpful but I really want to learn how to use the jig when making angled or rounded items.  I couldn't find much at the kreg.com site on this.

Hi Nik,  I live in Oregon USA and just some works of encouragement.  I'm sorry for your job situation but you have picked a fine and profitable venture to enter into.  If you stick to it you will never be sorry for making this choice. 

 I retired from law enforcement and made a second career out of building cabinets and furniture.  For the last 20 plus years It has been the best years of my life. I have used the Kreg jig and it is sees about as much use as the table saw.  I use if for most of my wood joints and use it in place of nails or staples in cabinet and furniture construction. 

 I build many custom pieces and it is the best tooling for making any joint where it be a simple 90 degree butt joint or an elaborate angle joing with multiple pieces.  To be honest I do not believe that there a quicker or stronger joint for construction of anything and have yet to find a joint that I could not make using the Kreg Jig.  Sure there are other joints but none that is as practible as the pocket screw.

I wish you well in your new venture and if I can be of help please by all means contact me.  Welcome to the community.

Nik Southan said:

Hi I'm Nik. I live in Swindon in England. Having recently lost my job have decided to turn my pastime in mainstream business. I decided to become self employed and move into the kitchen fitting business. Brought a kreg jig, but don't think I have seen its true potential yet. So if any of the community out there can give be any ideas or tips I would be most grateful. I will post some photos of my recent jobs in the future. Look forward to hearing from you in the future.
HELLO MI NAME IS GENARO MONTOYA AND I LIVE IN APPLE VALLEY CALIFI ONLY BEN DOING WOODWORK FOR 4 YEARS I FIND IT RELAXIN I OWN A KREG JIG OF CORSE IM A GRENEN HORN I LOOK FORWARD YO LEARNFROM YOU ALL IS HARD TO WORK IN MY SHOP BECOUSE MY HRS IN MY REGULAR JOB PLUS IM NOT HOME  MOST TO THE TIME

Jay, Thankyou for the words of encouragement.  I do plan to stick at it be who knows your fortunes. Hope your family is well and the weather is good. Will keep in touch

 

Nik

Jay Boutwell said:

Hi Nik,  I live in Oregon USA and just some works of encouragement.  I'm sorry for your job situation but you have picked a fine and profitable venture to enter into.  If you stick to it you will never be sorry for making this choice. 

 I retired from law enforcement and made a second career out of building cabinets and furniture.  For the last 20 plus years It has been the best years of my life. I have used the Kreg jig and it is sees about as much use as the table saw.  I use if for most of my wood joints and use it in place of nails or staples in cabinet and furniture construction. 

 I build many custom pieces and it is the best tooling for making any joint where it be a simple 90 degree butt joint or an elaborate angle joing with multiple pieces.  To be honest I do not believe that there a quicker or stronger joint for construction of anything and have yet to find a joint that I could not make using the Kreg Jig.  Sure there are other joints but none that is as practible as the pocket screw.

I wish you well in your new venture and if I can be of help please by all means contact me.  Welcome to the community.

Nik Southan said:

Hi I'm Nik. I live in Swindon in England. Having recently lost my job have decided to turn my pastime in mainstream business. I decided to become self employed and move into the kitchen fitting business. Brought a kreg jig, but don't think I have seen its true potential yet. So if any of the community out there can give be any ideas or tips I would be most grateful. I will post some photos of my recent jobs in the future. Look forward to hearing from you in the future.

 

Greetings:

My name is Ray and I live in West Central Illinois.

I am a Retired Sailor who served 4 years in the US Navy and 16 additional years in the US Coast Guard.

18 years after retiring, I now hold a 90% Service Related Disability Rating.  With such a limitation on what I can actually do, I enjoy fishing and woodworking. I discovered the Kreg System and found that it speeds up my woodworking projects ten-fold.

Hi there. I'm Rick from Kansas City. Everything I've done up to now has been small scale remodeling. Framing, electrical, plumbing, sheet rock, stuff like that. So far my crowning achievement has been building an external wall that contained 4 Anderson 36" x 60" casement windows in a group and I ended up only out by 1/8 inch concentric overall. Not bad. The house I live in I would describe as the ultimate "dad-on". That's like an add-on only it was done by amatures with absolutely no skill what so ever. ie...someones dad. The rooms are not standard size and mostly not square. The wife and I decided that perhaps the best thing to do for the kitchen remodel would be to build our own cabinets as that way everything will fit better. It was my online searching that discovered Kreg and pocket holes. After much scepticism at first, I'm convinced that this is doable. That is what brings me here. I'm looking for all the advice and tips I can get to make this work. I'm betting there are a bunch of smart folks out there from which I can gleen information. I need all the help I can get. I'm really looking forward to this.

I'm still searching for my personal style of woodworking, but I do like to design from the ground up and then find ways to make wood look like my plan.  Sometimes that is really challenging.

 

I'm certainly no expert, but I do like the quality of my work.  Of course I am so slow it would never be a day job for me.  I live in the Willamette Valley, Oregon, home of Myrtlewood, Walnut, and lots of other nice wood species.

Welcome to the Kreg community.
Rick welcome to the community.   Picking the pocket hole system by Kreg is one of the smartest things I did 20 plus years ago and has been the answer to all my wood joints including building cabinets for a living.  I build  using the kreg system and almost forget that I own a nail or staple gun.  All my cabinets including the cabinet boxes are pocket screw and glue joined and I have no regrets about using this system and my cabinets will survive thoes built with nails.  Enjoy the site and explore as this is one great site filled with many talented and knowledgeable ladies and gents who will share information with you.  

Rick Starr said:
Hi there. I'm Rick from Kansas City. Everything I've done up to now has been small scale remodeling. Framing, electrical, plumbing, sheet rock, stuff like that. So far my crowning achievement has been building an external wall that contained 4 Anderson 36" x 60" casement windows in a group and I ended up only out by 1/8 inch concentric overall. Not bad. The house I live in I would describe as the ultimate "dad-on". That's like an add-on only it was done by amatures with absolutely no skill what so ever. ie...someones dad. The rooms are not standard size and mostly not square. The wife and I decided that perhaps the best thing to do for the kitchen remodel would be to build our own cabinets as that way everything will fit better. It was my online searching that discovered Kreg and pocket holes. After much scepticism at first, I'm convinced that this is doable. That is what brings me here. I'm looking for all the advice and tips I can get to make this work. I'm betting there are a bunch of smart folks out there from which I can gleen information. I need all the help I can get. I'm really looking forward to this.

Bob here, St. Louis-

 

Discovered Kreg pocket joinery through a DVD that accompanied a "How to build Cabinets" Book that a friend suggested I get since I had never built cabinets before.  I am glad I listened to him.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Need Help?

For Technical Support, please call 800-447-8638 or send a message. Reps are available Monday through Friday from 8am to 5pm CST. 

Videos

  • Add Videos
  • View All

Forum

Miter Saw Recommendation

I’m looking to upgrade my miter saw. I’m willing to invest a good amount of money to get one with the precision pocket hole joinery requires. Would anyone like to offer a recommended model?

Started by Joe Racz in Beginners' Zone Jul 22.

Miter saw stand

     Has anyone used one of the Kreg Universal Stand configurations as the base for a miter saw workstation with fold down wings?  I scrolled through the pics in the community and all I saw were using a DIY base cabinet.  I have an extra Kreg router…Continue

Tags: saw, Miter

Started by Bill Murphy in Other Kreg® Products Jun 6.

Product Reviews

New Kreg 720Pro

I saw the video Kreg put out for this new jig and had high hopes for it.

I purchased one today and am very disappointed with it.

First the docking station is extremely cheap. The plastic is pathetic. A Lego has more…

Continue

Posted by Duke Leon on February 15, 2021 at 9:00pm

Not Pleased With Pocket Hole Construction

Several months ago, I purchased the Kreg K4MS so that I could build the Lego Table as outlined on the companion "buildsomething" web site which exclusively uses pocket hole construction.  I have considerable experience with conventional…

Continue

Posted by Robert Ringel on September 17, 2020 at 1:48pm — 8 Comments

© 2021   Created by KregRep.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service

_