Kreg Owners' Community

I just completed my first project using the Kreg Jig. I constructed an eight sided base for a lawn wishing well planter. I was having some stress wondering how to drill the pocket holes to join the 2 x 4 pieces together. The angles were at 22.5 deg to complete a eight sided well base. With a little playing and hummmm ing I figured it out and it worked great. It was so much easier to construct the 5, eight sided 2 x 4 tiers than trying to glue them and keep the joints tight. The Kreg Jig is a great additon to my wood working tools and it will get much use. My wife has already ask for a custom cabinet for the bathroom. My advice is don't tell anyone you have this tool LOL.

Views: 245

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

We need to see some pictures
Glad to hear your first experience has been such a successful one, Herb! We'd love to see some photos of your completed or in-progress project!
My first project was a closet organizer. Sure made the wife happy. Now she wants cabinets for our cabin. Oh well...
Attachments:
Nice job, I have been thinking about doing the same (haven't told the wife) and you have given me more ideas. I may do a closet organizer this winter.

Jerry Alfaro said:
My first project was a closet organizer. Sure made the wife happy. Now she wants cabinets for our cabin. Oh well...
Herb,
It was an easy project. I made it from MDF material and put it all together in a day. It was during the rainy season so I had to paint it in the house. I was going to make drawers, but found the little chest on sale at a local furniture store at a reasonable price. Now my daughter wants me to make her a chest like the one I bought.

jerry-

Herb Knott said:
Nice job, I have been thinking about doing the same (haven't told the wife) and you have given me more ideas. I may do a closet organizer this winter.

Jerry Alfaro said:
My first project was a closet organizer. Sure made the wife happy. Now she wants cabinets for our cabin. Oh well...
Funny you should say you thought about adding draws. I was thinking about that yesterday ( wondering if it would be worth all the work) maybe I'll try a couple. I think I will be pushing the envelope, but you don't know until you try.

Jerry Alfaro said:
Herb,
It was an easy project. I made it from MDF material and put it all together in a day. It was during the rainy season so I had to paint it in the house. I was going to make drawers, but found the little chest on sale at a local furniture store at a reasonable price. Now my daughter wants me to make her a chest like the one I bought.

jerry-

Herb Knott said:
Nice job, I have been thinking about doing the same (haven't told the wife) and you have given me more ideas. I may do a closet organizer this winter.

Jerry Alfaro said:
My first project was a closet organizer. Sure made the wife happy. Now she wants cabinets for our cabin. Oh well...
do you have any pic of it yet?

Herb Knott said:
Funny you should say you thought about adding draws. I was thinking about that yesterday ( wondering if it would be worth all the work) maybe I'll try a couple. I think I will be pushing the envelope, but you don't know until you try.

Jerry Alfaro said:
Herb,
It was an easy project. I made it from MDF material and put it all together in a day. It was during the rainy season so I had to paint it in the house. I was going to make drawers, but found the little chest on sale at a local furniture store at a reasonable price. Now my daughter wants me to make her a chest like the one I bought.

jerry-

Herb Knott said:
Nice job, I have been thinking about doing the same (haven't told the wife) and you have given me more ideas. I may do a closet organizer this winter.

Jerry Alfaro said:
My first project was a closet organizer. Sure made the wife happy. Now she wants cabinets for our cabin. Oh well...

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Need Help?

For Technical Support, please call 800-447-8638 or send a message. Reps are available Monday through Friday from 8am to 5pm CST. 

Videos

  • Add Videos
  • View All

Forum

Pantry slides for heavy application

  Recently purchased two 96" tall pantry cabinets that are 23" deep that only came with two adjustable shelves and two fixed, (one at about 55" and one at the very bottom).  Shelf holes in the walls are drilled 2" O.C.  Like most store-bought…Continue

Tags: drawer, slides, pantry, pull-out, 75-Lb

Started by Paul Coon in General Woodworking Aug 11.

Miter Saw Recommendation

I’m looking to upgrade my miter saw. I’m willing to invest a good amount of money to get one with the precision pocket hole joinery requires. Would anyone like to offer a recommended model?

Started by Joe Racz in Beginners' Zone Jul 22.

Product Reviews

New Kreg 720Pro

I saw the video Kreg put out for this new jig and had high hopes for it.

I purchased one today and am very disappointed with it.

First the docking station is extremely cheap. The plastic is pathetic. A Lego has more…

Continue

Posted by Duke Leon on February 15, 2021 at 9:00pm

Not Pleased With Pocket Hole Construction

Several months ago, I purchased the Kreg K4MS so that I could build the Lego Table as outlined on the companion "buildsomething" web site which exclusively uses pocket hole construction.  I have considerable experience with conventional…

Continue

Posted by Robert Ringel on September 17, 2020 at 1:48pm — 8 Comments

© 2021   Created by KregRep.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service

_