Kreg Owners' Community

With all the home improvement shows and channels on the TV what’s your favorite?

I'm still a fan of "This Old House" but was wonder what home improvement shows all my Kreg friends watch?

Views: 1336

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I love renovation realities, kind of like watching football with me yelling at the tv "DON"T DO THAT!!".  My wife hates that I have New Yankee Workshop, Woodsmith shop and a few others set to record.  Norm will always remain my favorite.
I really enjoy Yard Crashers. Like I said to Jay, I wish he'd find me at our local Lowes and come crash my backyard!!! I've been a long time viewer of the New Yankee Workshop only to realize I'm not worthy, lol!!! Norm is a God, lol! 

justin waldron said:
I love renovation realities, kind of like watching football with me yelling at the tv "DON"T DO THAT!!".  My wife hates that I have New Yankee Workshop, Woodsmith shop and a few others set to record.  Norm will always remain my favorite.
I really like "Holmes on Holmes", I will have to say though, that the first time I watched it, I couldn't stand the guy, but he grows on you.  I can also say that I've learned a lot from that show, mostly it helps me have an attitude of building things the right way first.  However when it comes to his new show "Holmes Inspection" while I'm not as captivated by it I do understand where he's going with it, by the way these shows are on HDTV.
I really like "Holmes on Holmes" also and I agree not sure where his new show is headed. I think maybe he should have stuck with the original format!

Elmer R Medina said:
I really like "Holmes on Holmes", I will have to say though, that the first time I watched it, I couldn't stand the guy, but he grows on you.  I can also say that I've learned a lot from that show, mostly it helps me have an attitude of building things the right way first.  However when it comes to his new show "Holmes Inspection" while I'm not as captivated by it I do understand where he's going with it, by the way these shows are on HDTV.
Ralph, I watch as many as I can find and have time for.  I enjoy the DIY shows as there is a number to pick from.  Since alot of them are re-runs it is hard to find new ones at times.  I, like you, still enjoy This Old House but it is missing alot since Norm Abrams is not there and they have ceased to run shows with remodels of  homes.  Still a good show with alot of good information.  Another is Holmes on Homes.  My all time favorite was the shows, The New Yankee Work Shop, Norman is got the be the best teacher that has graced the tv land

I miss Holmes on Holmes.  I don't mind Holmes Inspection in a pinch...I guess when you're as busy as Mike Holmes you can't do everything.  On that note, I prefer Disaster DIY...Brian's hysterical.  Like Justin, watching Renovation Realities is like watching a train-wreck happen....I know it's gonna be bad, I know people are gonna get hurt....but i can't help myself, i NEED to see it

yeah i agree Geoff, especially if it is the right person as the engineer when the train wreck happens....makes it even better.

Geoff Simpson said:

I miss Holmes on Holmes.  I don't mind Holmes Inspection in a pinch...I guess when you're as busy as Mike Holmes you can't do everything.  On that note, I prefer Disaster DIY...Brian's hysterical.  Like Justin, watching Renovation Realities is like watching a train-wreck happen....I know it's gonna be bad, I know people are gonna get hurt....but i can't help myself, i NEED to see it

hi ralph yeah  i been a fan too of new yankee work shop and i do miss it but also watch lot of diy shows and holmes on holmes and this old house too wish i could see woodsmith shop here in canada but i got still lots to watch and cool tools is also one i like to watch.

for me a long time ago i saw the kreg jig on the new yankee work shop.

two months ago i finally was able to get one  . weeee

I like the woodsith workshop and new yankee worksop, I'm still on the fence as far as rough cut goes I get tired just watching that tommy mac, I can seldom catch a episode of woodwrights shop, but for everyone that misses norm, every week they post a repeat episode on www.newyankee.com this week it's building a butcher block table
If they would develop a "Real Housewives of Home Renovation", then DW and I could watch TV together! :)
i guess my favorites are renovation realities and new yankee workshop, rehab addict is somewhat good too. the flip shows are ok, but too much drama

As far as "wood" shows go, I like them all: new yankee,  woodsmith, rough cut, american woodworking, and the weird guy dressed in overalls and sports a curly afro who uses mostly hand tools. Those shows are on the Create channel. I learn something every time  I see an episode

The home improvement shows I watch are on the DIY network. All crashers, man caves, holmes, renovation reality...

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Need Help?

For Technical Support, please call 800-447-8638 or send a message. Reps are available Monday through Friday from 8am to 5pm CST. 

Videos

• Add Videos

Forum

Jig settings for 2 ¾ x 1 ½ boards with 30 degree miters?

I making a hex ring out of 2x4s ripped to 2 ¾ inches wide with 30 degree miters.  What setting on the Jig should I used? 1 ½ is too much.  Thanks.Continue

Started by Patrick Halinski in Kreg Jig® Operation Dec 30, 2023.

40mm Cup Hinge Jig Question

Hi All.....I have the 35mm Kreg Jig hinge drill guide. The guide is great for 35mm Hinge Cups, but I have a speciality 40MM hinge cup to drill.Has anyone adapted the Kreg guide to work with 40mm Forsner drill bits? Or have a guide that works…Continue

Started by Ed Anderson in Beginners' Zone Oct 3, 2023.

Product Reviews

New Kreg 720Pro

I saw the video Kreg put out for this new jig and had high hopes for it.

I purchased one today and am very disappointed with it.

First the docking station is extremely cheap. The plastic is pathetic. A Lego has more…

Continue

Posted by Duke Leon on February 15, 2021 at 9:00pm

Not Pleased With Pocket Hole Construction

Several months ago, I purchased the Kreg K4MS so that I could build the Lego Table as outlined on the companion "buildsomething" web site which exclusively uses pocket hole construction.  I have considerable experience with conventional…

Continue

Posted by Robert Ringel on September 17, 2020 at 1:48pm — 9 Comments

© 2024   Created by KregRep.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service

_