Kreg Owners' Community

Just thought I would start a discussion on woodworkers real jobs. It would be fun to no if there are lots of professional people using Kreg Jig along with people  like myself a retired  construction worker.

Views: 6468

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I am a cognitive scientist. It sounds much more impressive than it is. Basically I help design and improve training systems to help people learn and retain "stuff".
I'm Tom from Cincinnati and a simi-retired IT network manager. I try (getting more and more difficult) to keep up with the field and still consider myself pretty up to date. I teach numbering systems, IP addressing and IP routing protpcols on a part time basis.
Jim, I remember paper tape and having to splice the tape after the reader chewed up a sizable chunk of tape. I Also remember DEC 100mb removable platter drives that were as large as a clothes washer. Now I have a 16gb USB drive that's smaller than my old Zippo.
I have long been a DIYer around the house and have recently became interested in woodworking.

Jim Osteen said:
Hello, I'm Jim from Oklahoma, a retired school teacher. I used to teach Computer Science and was pretty proficient at computers, but not anymore. How many of you remember entering programs and data using punched cards. We've come a long way baby. Obviously, the changes are rapid in computers. I'm into woodworking as a hobby, and I have a ways to go. I love reading about what others are doing in woodworking. Keep the dialogue going.
Great idea Jens! VP Sales for a semiconductor equipment manufacturer (we make the manufacturing tools that manufacturers like Intel, Micron etc use to make microchips). In other words I have no idea how to use a router :-)
I am an Engineer that runs the Department of Transportation in Maricopa County Arizona. I am working hard to build some new things I need with my Kreg system. Am enjoying the effort and the results.
I retired from the Air Force Firefighter after 21 yrs, I enjoy making wooden trucks, fire truck the most. I work with computers in large hospital in Anchorage, Ak.I've been working 14 yrs and live in Alaska for 36 yrs.
With all you Kreg jointers out there, no wonder I'm starting to have trouble finding anything that looks like clear pine. I've started out as a Marine Engineer and will finish as a Maintenance Technician in a nuclear power plant. Woodworking has been a passion all my life, as soon as they let me touch anything with a motor on it. Red Western Cedar is my favorite wood although it gums up the tools, My dad had a huge pile of it in the back yard and can remember the smell after a rain, Dad didn't do much wood working, just burnt the off cuts from what I was doing. Always made his machine shop smell nice in the winter Though. nuff said.......
Hi, I'm Brad from north central North Dakota. I'm a locomotive engineer by profession and a beginning woodworker. I love using the kreg jig and after practicing on a few more smaller projects I would like to build an island for my kitchen.
Hi, like yourself I am retired. I did however, work for the RR (Amtrak) for 33.5 years. I retired as manager or tech traning for the Mechanical Departments. Beside using the Kregg Jig, I am into wood turning. I make pens, wine bottle stoppers, desk sets, bird houses, and miniature bird houses, tea light bases etc. My first project with the jig was a well, my wife had seen at a local nursing home. After I explained to the owner of the home what I wanted to do (copy his well that he had purchased), he let me take soome pics and measurements etc. There is a pic of the well on my page. I've since made a couple of cabinets (no pics) for my wife using kregg pocket hole joints and a table for my disc sander.
Hello, I am Fidel a retired sales engineer from the Philippines. I am into woodworking hobby only a year ago. Nice to meet you guys.
Hello I'm Brad from Nebraska. My paying job is a utility plant operator at a local university. My non-paying job is a volunteer firefighter. My hobbies include woodworking, reading, and home improvement projects.
I am retired from Pharmaceutical Sales where I was a manager. I took eighth grade shop, worked as a carpenter in college, and always had a few tools to maintain our home, Two years ago I began collecting tools and building Mission Style furniture. My biggest project to date was a cherry dining room table with six dining room chairs. I have the Kreg jig but have not used it very much. I need to do some cabints and book cases.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Need Help?

For Technical Support, please call 800-447-8638 or send a message. Reps are available Monday through Friday from 8am to 5pm CST. 

Videos

• Add Videos

Forum

Jig settings for 2 ¾ x 1 ½ boards with 30 degree miters?

I making a hex ring out of 2x4s ripped to 2 ¾ inches wide with 30 degree miters.  What setting on the Jig should I used? 1 ½ is too much.  Thanks.Continue

Started by Patrick Halinski in Kreg Jig® Operation Dec 30, 2023.

40mm Cup Hinge Jig Question

Hi All.....I have the 35mm Kreg Jig hinge drill guide. The guide is great for 35mm Hinge Cups, but I have a speciality 40MM hinge cup to drill.Has anyone adapted the Kreg guide to work with 40mm Forsner drill bits? Or have a guide that works…Continue

Started by Ed Anderson in Beginners' Zone Oct 3, 2023.

Product Reviews

New Kreg 720Pro

I saw the video Kreg put out for this new jig and had high hopes for it.

I purchased one today and am very disappointed with it.

First the docking station is extremely cheap. The plastic is pathetic. A Lego has more…

Continue

Posted by Duke Leon on February 15, 2021 at 9:00pm

Not Pleased With Pocket Hole Construction

Several months ago, I purchased the Kreg K4MS so that I could build the Lego Table as outlined on the companion "buildsomething" web site which exclusively uses pocket hole construction.  I have considerable experience with conventional…

Continue

Posted by Robert Ringel on September 17, 2020 at 1:48pm — 9 Comments

© 2024   Created by KregRep.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service

_