Kreg Owners' Community

Just thought I would start a discussion on woodworkers real jobs. It would be fun to no if there are lots of professional people using Kreg Jig along with people  like myself a retired  construction worker.

Views: 6468

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi all
I am a Hyperbaric Chamber Technician working in Townsville, (Far North) Queensland, Australia. Prior to that I was a Police Officer for 18 years in the New South Wales Police, and spent the bulk of that time as a Police Diver. I have just built a shed for my little boat and my other boy toys, and am using my Kreg K3 system for renovations and lots of other great shed time stuff!!!!
Thats a very good point it 's kinda hard to grab a handfull of throttles without all of your fingers.

Joe Racz said:
Just a little gallows humor. Obviously it is a tragedy when any woodworker gets injured, but a professional pilot is especially vulnerable. There are a lot of injuries I could get that would cause me to lose my license (and my job along with it). Reminding myself of this before I hit a tool's 'on' switch help's me be careful and focused.

michael pope said:
dumb hobby?

Joe Racz said:
I am an Airline Pilot. Every time I flick the 'on' switch on a power tool I remind myself that this is a dumb hobby for an airline pilot. I do it anyway because I reall enjoy it.
Hi,
I am Larry. For the last 23 years I have been a Civil Engineering Tech., AKA a draftsman. Drawing sewer, water, storm, road
and lot layouts for residential and comercial development.
I'm an instructor for a trucking company instructing Drivers on proper load securement and safety for the eastern region.
I'm a Public Health Inspector in Ontario Canada
Hi All, Billy is what most call me..others, well..
Started handyman stuff by following dad, school wood shop, HS Voc Building Trades, 7 yrs USMC (EQ Operator/Combat Eng), and now I haul "Tonka Toyz for Big Boyz". We deliver heavy machinery to mines, ports, dealers and jobsites. From the backyard rental to multi-truck per machine loads. I've been driving for 17 yrs. To date the biggest load I've hauled was 14' 7" wide and 14'6" high 149,500 lbs.
I'm in the planning stage of a tear drop trailer and several home projects. Got the KJ and am off to the races.....
Hi Jens, I'm Dennis and I live in North Adams, Massachusetts. I'm the Evening Circulation Librarian at the local college. I became interested in the Kreg Jig System after seeing an ad on the Handyman Club of America website and that was the beginning. The woodworking possibilities are endless...
My daytime job.... I guess it's work, I am still a union conductor with Amtrak, but I am currently working as a trainmaster for them out of Washington D.C.
Hi. I'm a dentist.
Welcome to the family of wood creators.Im sure you will enjoy this site but hope you dont find a way to to use pocket screws too attach a bridge on a patient.Catch you latter and thanks again for giving info

Ana Lorena said:
Hi. I'm a dentist.
hi- I'm Pete from Mich. Retired Conservation Officer. Also worked a framing crew, also worked as a Social Worker. After retiring as C.O. I worked as assistant instructor at skills center teaching high school students residential construction. Over the years did a lot of remodling work. One project was building a 25x50 2 story barn...just me and an electric winch and a 30' spruce I cut and used as a jin pole. Current project is a kitchen remodel..it was to have started in 2006-but a car accident and 8 surgeries on my left foot slowed things down...I now have the cherry cabinets built and in...like others...my garage is my shop ...not always a convienient space....besides a car..it needed to store 300 bd ft of cherry and 30- 6ft cedar shutters-they're a project of repair/rebuild for my sons 1840 house...built the 22x24 garage in 2002....rewired our 1860 house to 200a from 60a and 4 circuits...
to 30+circuits....re-plumb the house..just finishing the kitchen plumbing...and I'm still learning...I like new challenges...the Kreg jig is a new tool for me..used it for the cabinets...
Holly cow With all that work you did how could you find time for regular job.Thanks for reply and will enjoy all your contributions to Kreg Community.You can go to my pictures and see my shop also in building phases

Nels Swanson said:
hi- I'm Pete from Mich. Retired Conservation Officer. Also worked a framing crew, also worked as a Social Worker. After retiring as C.O. I worked as assistant instructor at skills center teaching high school students residential construction. Over the years did a lot of remodling work. One project was building a 25x50 2 story barn...just me and an electric winch and a 30' spruce I cut and used as a jin pole. Current project is a kitchen remodel..it was to have started in 2006-but a car accident and 8 surgeries on my left foot slowed things down...I now have the cherry cabinets built and in...like others...my garage is my shop ...not always a convienient space....besides a car..it needed to store 300 bd ft of cherry and 30- 6ft cedar shutters-they're a project of repair/rebuild for my sons 1840 house...built the 22x24 garage in 2002....rewired our 1860 house to 200a from 60a and 4 circuits...
to 30+circuits....re-plumb the house..just finishing the kitchen plumbing...and I'm still learning...I like new challenges...the Kreg jig is a new tool for me..used it for the cabinets...

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Need Help?

For Technical Support, please call 800-447-8638 or send a message. Reps are available Monday through Friday from 8am to 5pm CST. 

Videos

• Add Videos

Forum

Jig settings for 2 ¾ x 1 ½ boards with 30 degree miters?

I making a hex ring out of 2x4s ripped to 2 ¾ inches wide with 30 degree miters.  What setting on the Jig should I used? 1 ½ is too much.  Thanks.Continue

Started by Patrick Halinski in Kreg Jig® Operation Dec 30, 2023.

40mm Cup Hinge Jig Question

Hi All.....I have the 35mm Kreg Jig hinge drill guide. The guide is great for 35mm Hinge Cups, but I have a speciality 40MM hinge cup to drill.Has anyone adapted the Kreg guide to work with 40mm Forsner drill bits? Or have a guide that works…Continue

Started by Ed Anderson in Beginners' Zone Oct 3, 2023.

Product Reviews

New Kreg 720Pro

I saw the video Kreg put out for this new jig and had high hopes for it.

I purchased one today and am very disappointed with it.

First the docking station is extremely cheap. The plastic is pathetic. A Lego has more…

Continue

Posted by Duke Leon on February 15, 2021 at 9:00pm

Not Pleased With Pocket Hole Construction

Several months ago, I purchased the Kreg K4MS so that I could build the Lego Table as outlined on the companion "buildsomething" web site which exclusively uses pocket hole construction.  I have considerable experience with conventional…

Continue

Posted by Robert Ringel on September 17, 2020 at 1:48pm — 9 Comments

© 2024   Created by KregRep.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service

_