Kreg Owners' Community

I almost hate to mention this but I was cleaning my shop with my dust collector and cyclone only to notice I sucked up a dust bag that was laying next to miter saw. How embarrassing could that be. Come on admit you have one better than this. We all do stupid once in life time.

Views: 710

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I have vacuumed up the remote for the vacuum machine also, and had to dig through the bag (outside the shop)  to find it but I think the worst I've done ( at least lately) is I actually bent, really, really bent, (did I say bent-twisted?) a 10 inch miter saw blade when I pulled it down too fast on a piece of IPE.   It almost wrecked the saw and the back-fence...the IPE got imbedded in the twisted blade, I had to hammer it out.

Mine is the always never ending clutter.. Some day I hope I can get 'myself' organized..

wPm

Sounds more like a demo day at Genes house. We finally got snow and i hate it

Gene Maiorano said:
I have vacuumed up the remote for the vacuum machine also, and had to dig through the bag (outside the shop)  to find it but I think the worst I've done ( at least lately) is I actually bent, really, really bent, (did I say bent-twisted?) a 10 inch miter saw blade when I pulled it down too fast on a piece of IPE.   It almost wrecked the saw and the back-fence...the IPE got imbedded in the twisted blade, I had to hammer it out.
Well, one day I was cutting some simple rabbets on my table saw and being amused by the 1/8 inch square strips of wood that went shooting off away from the saw. I was safely out of the way of course so It was good fun. Later that day, long after I had completed the task at hand I noticed something quite interesting. Sticking out of my dust collection hose were several thin pieces of wood. After carefully checking the angles I noticed that the hose was in the direct line of fire of my table saw. Oops.
Kind of looked like a porcupine crawled in the hose .!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111

Johnny D. Rich said:
Well, one day I was cutting some simple rabbets on my table saw and being amused by the 1/8 inch square strips of wood that went shooting off away from the saw. I was safely out of the way of course so It was good fun. Later that day, long after I had completed the task at hand I noticed something quite interesting. Sticking out of my dust collection hose were several thin pieces of wood. After carefully checking the angles I noticed that the hose was in the direct line of fire of my table saw. Oops.
The first time I used Gorilla Glue.  I was working on a project similar to a mail room box with many 2"x4" cubby holes.  I worked for more than a few hours cutting small dividers and had everything ready to glue up before lunch.  So I glued it all up with this new glue I picked up at Lowe's - more is always better, right?  Went to lunch and when I got back the Gorilla Glue had expanded and foamed so much the project was pretty much unrecognizable.  Had to scrap it and start all over - this time with white glue.  I've since learned how to use Gorilla glue and I have a deep respect for its ability to expand and foam up.
I use gorilla glue always but never did the dark always white.I do no that it expands like foam but white dont do it

Ken Mooney said:
The first time I used Gorilla Glue.  I was working on a project similar to a mail room box with many 2"x4" cubby holes.  I worked for more than a few hours cutting small dividers and had everything ready to glue up before lunch.  So I glued it all up with this new glue I picked up at Lowe's - more is always better, right?  Went to lunch and when I got back the Gorilla Glue had expanded and foamed so much the project was pretty much unrecognizable.  Had to scrap it and start all over - this time with white glue.  I've since learned how to use Gorilla glue and I have a deep respect for its ability to expand and foam up.
I built a morris chair once that was too big to take out of the door of my tiny shed! I had to break it down and rebuild it in the backyard! Man, my gf didn't stop laughing for a week!
I was a boat builder for years, for a living.  I've known boat enthusiasts who have built boats in their garage and had to dismantle the garage door opening to get it out years later so don't feel bad.
More than ten years ago I installed four 8 foot 2 bulb flourescent lights in my shop which is 12 feet wide by 29 feet long.  I wanted to make sure that I had plenty of light in order to "mearure twice - cut once."  About 6 months ago I noticed that one of the bulbs in the light above my table saw began to "flicker."  Of course - I didn't have any extra bulbs at the time to replace the bad bulb.  Of course the only time I would remember that I needed a new bulb was when I went into my shop and turned on the lights.  After six months I finally remembered (when I was at the hardware) store that I needed a new bulb.  After replacing the burnt out bulb I discovered that the light still wouldn't work.  I figured the starter was bad so after about a week of searching I finally found an electric supply store that had a replacement starter.  I took the light down - replaced the starter - and since I had the light down I CLEANED THE BULBS!  So . . . since I had cleaned the bulbs on this light I took a look at the other lights and decided that I would clean ALL the bulbs.  This was the FIRST time in more than ten years that I cleaned the bulbs.  And now . . . my shop is so "BRIGHT" that I almost need sun glasses!  I was thinking to my self that all these years I was working in a dark and gloomy atmosphere.  I just sat there and laughted at myself.  How stupid of me.  (Ha!)

Oh I’m not telling anyone about the time I didn’t get the lid tight on the shop vacuum, lol!! I leave it up to everyone’s imagination!

Oh and the time I didn't get the paint can top tight before shaking, lol!!

Oh God there are so many!!!

Wow Marc, it's a good thing you didn't tell anyone...I'll cover my ears.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Need Help?

For Technical Support, please call 800-447-8638 or send a message. Reps are available Monday through Friday from 8am to 5pm CST. 

Videos

• Add Videos

Forum

Jig settings for 2 ¾ x 1 ½ boards with 30 degree miters?

I making a hex ring out of 2x4s ripped to 2 ¾ inches wide with 30 degree miters.  What setting on the Jig should I used? 1 ½ is too much.  Thanks.Continue

Started by Patrick Halinski in Kreg Jig® Operation Dec 30, 2023.

40mm Cup Hinge Jig Question

Hi All.....I have the 35mm Kreg Jig hinge drill guide. The guide is great for 35mm Hinge Cups, but I have a speciality 40MM hinge cup to drill.Has anyone adapted the Kreg guide to work with 40mm Forsner drill bits? Or have a guide that works…Continue

Started by Ed Anderson in Beginners' Zone Oct 3, 2023.

Product Reviews

New Kreg 720Pro

I saw the video Kreg put out for this new jig and had high hopes for it.

I purchased one today and am very disappointed with it.

First the docking station is extremely cheap. The plastic is pathetic. A Lego has more…

Continue

Posted by Duke Leon on February 15, 2021 at 9:00pm

Not Pleased With Pocket Hole Construction

Several months ago, I purchased the Kreg K4MS so that I could build the Lego Table as outlined on the companion "buildsomething" web site which exclusively uses pocket hole construction.  I have considerable experience with conventional…

Continue

Posted by Robert Ringel on September 17, 2020 at 1:48pm — 9 Comments

© 2024   Created by KregRep.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service

_