Kreg Owners' Community

I almost hate to mention this but I was cleaning my shop with my dust collector and cyclone only to notice I sucked up a dust bag that was laying next to miter saw. How embarrassing could that be. Come on admit you have one better than this. We all do stupid once in life time.

Views: 710

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

My biggest,  hmmmmm, well, that's gotta be, When turning my pens, twice I super-glued my fingers to the wooden barrels.  It took me 15 minutes to get my thumb and forefinger unstuck without tearing my flesh.  Works better than handcuffs!!!!
Brand new 10" sliding miter laser saw with about 6 or 7 wood cuts...  Wife comes out with a leather dog chew bone.  "Can you cut this into 3 peices?"  Sure...   Well, ONE CUT, Laser gone.   Called L---s for parts - laser assembly not serviced.  Customer service said, "Take saw to local store withing 90 days of purchase and they will replace it..."  Well ok, my fault for being a "Bone Head" they replaced it without any flack, WOW.  Bones are now cut with a Hand hacksaw and vise.
I was making a nice curio cabinet with glass shelves and glass panes in the door and sides of the cabinet.  When I made the final cuts for assembling the door out of oak 1x2's guess what... the door was 3" shorter than what I measured to need.  I looked at it and looked at it trying to figure out what I did and realized that the original plan did not call for mitered corners for the door and I mitered them to make them look nicer.  Aparently even though I cut everything to length correctly 1.5 + 1.5 = 3 in any language.  I ended up making a filler pannel for above the door and may someday switch it out with a stained glass pannel 3" tall x 21" long.  Won't intentionally make that mistake again I guess!
Is that what is meant by "the best laid plans of mice & men"?

Matthew Petersen said:
I was making a nice curio cabinet with glass shelves and glass panes in the door and sides of the cabinet.  When I made the final cuts for assembling the door out of oak 1x2's guess what... the door was 3" shorter than what I measured to need.  I looked at it and looked at it trying to figure out what I did and realized that the original plan did not call for mitered corners for the door and I mitered them to make them look nicer.  Aparently even though I cut everything to length correctly 1.5 + 1.5 = 3 in any language.  I ended up making a filler pannel for above the door and may someday switch it out with a stained glass pannel 3" tall x 21" long.  Won't intentionally make that mistake again I guess!

I was building a laundry folding table for my wife.  I had all the pieces cut, the drawers dovetailed and was ready to glue and screw it together.  I had it temporarily assembled to make sure the pieces fit together one last time when my wife walked in and said "looks great, but will you be able to fit it down the stairwell and into the basement?"  To which I replied REALLY annoyed, "do you honestly think I would build something that wouldn't fit down the stairs?"  She left in a huff. 

As I was contemplating sleeping on the couch for my tone with her, I took a minute and thought about it, grabbed the measuring tape and went into the house.  The table was 4" too wide for the stairwell.  Doh!

Well about a month ago I bought a feather board and a new blade for the table saw. A few days latter I was looking for it, couldnt find it anywhere. So finally I began a long needed claening of my work bench. Sure enough there both otems were, still in the bag..... Guess it is time to clean shop, maybe I can find that old 69 stang I once had .. LOL

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Need Help?

For Technical Support, please call 800-447-8638 or send a message. Reps are available Monday through Friday from 8am to 5pm CST. 

Videos

• Add Videos

Forum

Jig settings for 2 ¾ x 1 ½ boards with 30 degree miters?

I making a hex ring out of 2x4s ripped to 2 ¾ inches wide with 30 degree miters.  What setting on the Jig should I used? 1 ½ is too much.  Thanks.Continue

Started by Patrick Halinski in Kreg Jig® Operation Dec 30, 2023.

40mm Cup Hinge Jig Question

Hi All.....I have the 35mm Kreg Jig hinge drill guide. The guide is great for 35mm Hinge Cups, but I have a speciality 40MM hinge cup to drill.Has anyone adapted the Kreg guide to work with 40mm Forsner drill bits? Or have a guide that works…Continue

Started by Ed Anderson in Beginners' Zone Oct 3, 2023.

Product Reviews

New Kreg 720Pro

I saw the video Kreg put out for this new jig and had high hopes for it.

I purchased one today and am very disappointed with it.

First the docking station is extremely cheap. The plastic is pathetic. A Lego has more…

Continue

Posted by Duke Leon on February 15, 2021 at 9:00pm

Not Pleased With Pocket Hole Construction

Several months ago, I purchased the Kreg K4MS so that I could build the Lego Table as outlined on the companion "buildsomething" web site which exclusively uses pocket hole construction.  I have considerable experience with conventional…

Continue

Posted by Robert Ringel on September 17, 2020 at 1:48pm — 9 Comments

© 2024   Created by KregRep.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service

_