Kreg Owners' Community

Often times we receive photos of projects our customers have built through the mail (likely customers who have yet to discover this community!), but we don't often receive actual projects they've built!  Earlier this week though, that's what happened!

After a bit of confusion, we figured it out...  It's really quite unique...  Can any of you guess what it is?  (the answer has now been posted, here!)

Views: 1181

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

A wooden case for my kreg step bit and driver! You beat me to the post Terry. I made my guess earlier today but went to visit family after work, then had to come home and register. This is my first post btw. I think we're right.

Terry Rodgers said:
Kreg Jig drill bit & Square drive bit protector
If it is a wooden case to hold the bit and driver, then it won't last long having to unscrew the kreg screws that are holding it together, every time you want to use your Kreg jig. And I use mine a lot so I would be opening that thing up every day. I hope that is not what it is. I hope it is something more exciting.

Jason Watkins said:
A wooden case for my kreg step bit and driver! You beat me to the post Terry. I made my guess earlier today but went to visit family after work, then had to come home and register. This is my first post btw. I think we're right.
Terry Rodgers said:
Kreg Jig drill bit & Square drive bit protector
Casket for Worm Family :+)
Pencil sharpener?
It's a thing with stuff for you know?..
Sorry Joseph, I am with Howard and Kim, this could make a good Geo cashe – room for a pencil and a rolled up list.
Else a cigar case. Pencil sharpener (good one Mike). Stash box. Musical instrument. Or, yes Robert, a casket for Worm Family, RIP. LOL :D
Being that I am a huge "Burn Notice" fan, I think it is a slick, something that spies use to hide important stuff. Mr. Weston may hide his last Cuban Cigar in there. Hahaha!
i dont think it has any thing to do with geo hunting. how would you open it, carry adrill into the woods with you?
how about feet for a dresser with dowels for strength
Yes, now that I think about it Geocache have a rule about having to use specific tools to get them open I would think. But what fun it would be!

My question about it being a bit holder... which seems to be the logical thing... is how would you get the screws in or out if your driver bit was in it? Unless you had another one.

Ooooh I think it just came to me! Is it a case to send your drill bits in to be sharpened??? Room for one regular and one micro? Which would explain why it was sent to Kreg in the first place!
Great guesses, everyone!

Some of you came very close, and others of you had hilarious guesses! The correct answer is... an ENVELOPE! Yes, an envelope. We received it from one of our customers this week who was sending in his drill bit to be sharpened. There was a drill bit in one hole and a check for $4 (to pay for return shipping) in the other hole. For those of you who aren't aware of our drill bit sharpening program, that's all you need to send us (plus your return address) and we usually have it back in the mail to you within a day or two.

I think kim should get the prize- You were giving away a 1000 screws, shipping paid weren't you?

KregRep said:
Great guesses, everyone!

Some of you came very close, and others of you had hilarious guesses! The correct answer is... an ENVELOPE! Yes, an envelope. We received it from one of our customers this week who was sending in his drill bit to be sharpened. There was a drill bit in one hole and a check for $4 (to pay for return shipping) in the other hole.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Need Help?

For Technical Support, please call 800-447-8638 or send a message. Reps are available Monday through Friday from 8am to 5pm CST. 

Videos

• Add Videos

Forum

Jig settings for 2 ¾ x 1 ½ boards with 30 degree miters?

I making a hex ring out of 2x4s ripped to 2 ¾ inches wide with 30 degree miters.  What setting on the Jig should I used? 1 ½ is too much.  Thanks.Continue

Started by Patrick Halinski in Kreg Jig® Operation Dec 30, 2023.

40mm Cup Hinge Jig Question

Hi All.....I have the 35mm Kreg Jig hinge drill guide. The guide is great for 35mm Hinge Cups, but I have a speciality 40MM hinge cup to drill.Has anyone adapted the Kreg guide to work with 40mm Forsner drill bits? Or have a guide that works…Continue

Started by Ed Anderson in Beginners' Zone Oct 3, 2023.

Product Reviews

New Kreg 720Pro

I saw the video Kreg put out for this new jig and had high hopes for it.

I purchased one today and am very disappointed with it.

First the docking station is extremely cheap. The plastic is pathetic. A Lego has more…

Continue

Posted by Duke Leon on February 15, 2021 at 9:00pm

Not Pleased With Pocket Hole Construction

Several months ago, I purchased the Kreg K4MS so that I could build the Lego Table as outlined on the companion "buildsomething" web site which exclusively uses pocket hole construction.  I have considerable experience with conventional…

Continue

Posted by Robert Ringel on September 17, 2020 at 1:48pm — 9 Comments

© 2024   Created by KregRep.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service

_