Kreg Owners' Community

Hey!

What happened to the long thread (80 to 90 posts as I recall) about Kreg's decision to discontinue the front-lever K3 jig and revert to the back-lever K4 style?

Every post I read (except KregRep's) was strongly against this change. Too strongly for management perhaps?

It appears to have been censored out of existence!

What happened to the concept of "discussion"?

Views: 6623

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Yep, the K2 jig is has an aluminum frame and is silver colored.  It is not loaded down with features but does a great job and is rock solid.

Hey Joseph, can you beleive l went to www.sears.ca typed in k3 jig sears.com usa showed $ 172.99 and $ 44.48 for k3 drilling guide block.

Canadian dollar with in a few cents of par near even 2 days ago, l don't buy online unless no other way around it there is no where near $ 60.00 difference in currancy.

Now l understand why canadian over boarder and on line sales dropping off there nuts

jim

hi jim, i dont know why it didnt show the same price. here is a copy of my invoice, the discount looks funny, but it gets to the same result. it was $112.09 per sales tax, shipping was free, but it showed it and added a bigger discount.
Shipping Information
Shipped Items
Item Number
QTY
Price
joseph metz 
723 green

Order Date: 20-Feb-2011
Salescheck Number: 093003820442
Return code: 1639-5810-2550-0999-0619
Shipping Vendor: UPS

JIG K3 MASTER SYSTEM 
Sold By: Sears 

$132.99 

Initial Subtotal:

$132.99
Tax:

$7.01
Shipping Charge:

$8.20
Savings (deals, promotions and/or shipping discounts):

$-29.10
Total:

$119.10

i knew i was lucky when i went to woodcraft and they had a k3 master jig on clearance table for $60 and i had a $10 off coupon, ended up i paid $53 dollars out the door. was missing a couple parts, emailed kreg and they sent the missing parts free of charge. im happy with the k3 and the front locking handle. like most other people if the only one avaiable was the k4 i would still be happy, but much happier with the k3.

just got mine delivered today from Sears also..same price.. it is the K4MS not the K3MS even though the paperwork says K3. you will get the K4 I would bet..

the K4 comes with all the stuff the other master has.. i am not hassling with returning because they probably dont have any K3's anyway..

I would hope Kreg did not change the handle for costs..

Joseph h metz said:

hi jim, i dont know why it didnt show the same price. here is a copy of my invoice, the discount looks funny, but it gets to the same result. it was $112.09 per sales tax, shipping was free, but it showed it and added a bigger discount.
Shipping Information
Shipped Items
Item Number
QTY
Price
joseph metz 
723 green

Order Date: 20-Feb-2011
Salescheck Number: 093003820442
Return code: 1639-5810-2550-0999-0619
Shipping Vendor: UPS

JIG K3 MASTER SYSTEM 
Sold By: Sears 

$132.99 

Initial Subtotal:

$132.99
Tax:

$7.01
Shipping Charge:

$8.20
Savings (deals, promotions and/or shipping discounts):

$-29.10
Total:

$119.10

I bought my K4 Master the other day, after watching the infomercials and checking out their site.... i finally gave in, I pinch pennies, and did not want to pay $139 for the system. But I could not find it less anywhere else. Anyway, I got it home, and started to build the 2x4 table they have on their site. I used the clamp to clamp it to my router table I was using as a make shift work bench. Every time I drilled a hole and went to unclamp the work piece I reached down to the clamp that was attaching the jig to the table. I said to myself they should have put the work piece clamp in front. After I finished the 2x4 table, I watched almost everything online I could find about the Kreg Jig joining system and watched all types of people make all types of things. Then I started to notice that some of the table mount jigs had a front work piece clamp handle. I went to Kregs site but could not find it. I then emailed a Kreg rep I had emailed previously about the system asking about this, and he said it was the K3 system, and they were discontinued, but I could find them on Amazon. That figures.... I can see them updating the table mount to allow for the clamp to hold it to the table, and in doing so needing to move the work clamp handle from the front to the back, but I honestly think they should market both. I would much rather have the jig permanently mounted to my table and have the release in front so i do not need to reach around larger pieces. Plus to me, it seems natural to have the release right there.

I would love to find the K3 at sears or elsewhere for $120 or under. I would buy it, pack everything up in the K4 box and resell it.

I got opposing opinions from owners of two different Woodcraft stores (I live between).  I was told the K4 system includes more stuff with it AND a free 500 count box of screws (for 3/4" stock).  I've looked inside each.  I returned the K3 for the K4 to have the ability to clamp down easily.  The K3 master system has alot more samples of various size screws than the K4 (that I may never use).  The clamping mechanism is not pre-attached to the plastic base of the K4...and would have to be removed again to fit it back in the case along with the box of stuff as originally packaged. The K4 case is smaller than the K3 case.  Neither will hold a clamp inside.  The K4 master system includes a smaller "portable" jig that can be used horizontally on larger pieces without trying to clamp in the jig vertically. (I don't recall seeing this in the K3 kit).

Larry C.

As of today, August 24, 2012, Peachtree Woodworking is now offering a "Super" K3 with lots of "extras" that weren't originally included in the old K3 Master Kit.  I have one of the original K3 Master kits, but when in production, I think I could use a second or 3rd to make large panels go quicker.

The drawback?  It's $299.00.

I may or may not purchase one........it sure is alot of money.  I don't need all of the extra gadgets, just the K3 base and drill guide.

I won't buy a K4.

I went to the website and I don't see it for sale. I clicked on the online catalog, clicked on pocket-hole jigs and there is an image of a K3 system that you click on to go to the jigs section, but no K3 on sale.

Was it an E-Direct promotion that is maybe now not available?

I just went back and checked it again, and apparently the offer expired the day before I posted on this forum.  Sorry, I didn't realise that it was a "time-sensative" offer........and yes, it was an e-mail offer that I received.

Sounds like Kreg won that patent lawsuit, and can now sell the K3 style again.  I hope they maintain both K3 and K4 styles, since having options is the American way.  8P

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Need Help?

For Technical Support, please call 800-447-8638 or send a message. Reps are available Monday through Friday from 8am to 5pm CST. 

Videos

• Add Videos

Forum

Jig settings for 2 ¾ x 1 ½ boards with 30 degree miters?

I making a hex ring out of 2x4s ripped to 2 ¾ inches wide with 30 degree miters.  What setting on the Jig should I used? 1 ½ is too much.  Thanks.Continue

Started by Patrick Halinski in Kreg Jig® Operation Dec 30, 2023.

40mm Cup Hinge Jig Question

Hi All.....I have the 35mm Kreg Jig hinge drill guide. The guide is great for 35mm Hinge Cups, but I have a speciality 40MM hinge cup to drill.Has anyone adapted the Kreg guide to work with 40mm Forsner drill bits? Or have a guide that works…Continue

Started by Ed Anderson in Beginners' Zone Oct 3, 2023.

Product Reviews

New Kreg 720Pro

I saw the video Kreg put out for this new jig and had high hopes for it.

I purchased one today and am very disappointed with it.

First the docking station is extremely cheap. The plastic is pathetic. A Lego has more…

Continue

Posted by Duke Leon on February 15, 2021 at 9:00pm

Not Pleased With Pocket Hole Construction

Several months ago, I purchased the Kreg K4MS so that I could build the Lego Table as outlined on the companion "buildsomething" web site which exclusively uses pocket hole construction.  I have considerable experience with conventional…

Continue

Posted by Robert Ringel on September 17, 2020 at 1:48pm — 9 Comments

© 2024   Created by KregRep.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service

_