Kreg Owners' Community

I just picked up a vega pro 40 off of Craigslist recently. I paid $150 it was brand new in the box. I think I got a really good deal.

Anyone have opinions on the vega.

I recently posted a video on you tube of the install. Check it out.

http://youtu.be/f_FE-KHeh2o

Views: 6504

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Thom, You will definitely like the vega fence.  It is the same one that I have used for better that 20 years.  It is an excellent fence that is the most accurate one I have ever used.  It is rugged and stout and does not get knocked out of adjustment even when hit from the side with a sheet of 3/4 ply or melamine/  It locks well and stays locked.  You will like the micro adjuster as this has been valuable to me when doing inlays.  At $150.00 you got a great deal and I am sure you will be satisfied.  I viewed the video and the tape when I got mine was not installed and it required you to pull off a plastic protective cover from the back of the tape and apply it once the fence was set up.

Did you get any of the added features with it.  Theyhave a finger saver that allows you to cut very thin strips down to less that 1/4 inch without fear of hitting the blade.  It also has some other attachments for anti kick back that attaches to the two slide type notches on the top of the fence.

Well that was cool but wouldnt it be easyer to buy a new table saw than to buy a new fence everything is up to date in your shop but the table saw.

Thanks for the reply Jay, I really like the fence so far, I did not get any accessories, but I have table saw buddies I will be mounting to the fence.
David, thanks for watching.
The table saw works fine I only paid $50 for it. Even with all my upgrades I still haven't even spent $300 yet, a good table saw at today's prices would cost a lot more. Besides the table saw hasn't really changed in years, old or new the design is still the same.

I added the Delta fence to my Craftsman table saw for $150, and it made a world of difference. 

I think your Vega system is nicer, much easier to install, and has more capacity.

Thanks for watching Rick, I am really happy with the added capacity.

Thom, have you added a table extension under your fence to support the wood you are cutting?

THOM RIDER said:

Thanks for watching Rick, I am really happy with the added capacity.
I'm in the process of adding a table

Hi thom like too see the saw in action with the new supporting table ,go steady.

THOM RIDER said:

Thom, here are a few more things I have added to my old Craftsman table saw from In-Line Industries --  The left-sided miter for crosscuts, PALS to align the blade to the rails, machined pulleys and segmented belt to reduce vibration  -- definitely not a cabinet saw yet, but neither is it just a contractor's saw any more.

THOM RIDER said:

Thanks Rick, I might have to get the pulleys.

Thom,

I saw your installation video for the Vega fence.  I own one also since Jan. 2013.  Just yesterday (12/9/13) I was doing some ripping that got me close to the blade.  When I felt it was too close for safety, I stopped.  

My question is this ...... Do you, or does anyone else on this forum, own the Finger Saver attachment?  I am interested in it but can't find it on line anywhere.

Thanks in advance.

Steve

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Need Help?

For Technical Support, please call 800-447-8638 or send a message. Reps are available Monday through Friday from 8am to 5pm CST. 

Videos

• Add Videos

Forum

Jig settings for 2 ¾ x 1 ½ boards with 30 degree miters?

I making a hex ring out of 2x4s ripped to 2 ¾ inches wide with 30 degree miters.  What setting on the Jig should I used? 1 ½ is too much.  Thanks.Continue

Started by Patrick Halinski in Kreg Jig® Operation Dec 30, 2023.

40mm Cup Hinge Jig Question

Hi All.....I have the 35mm Kreg Jig hinge drill guide. The guide is great for 35mm Hinge Cups, but I have a speciality 40MM hinge cup to drill.Has anyone adapted the Kreg guide to work with 40mm Forsner drill bits? Or have a guide that works…Continue

Started by Ed Anderson in Beginners' Zone Oct 3, 2023.

Product Reviews

New Kreg 720Pro

I saw the video Kreg put out for this new jig and had high hopes for it.

I purchased one today and am very disappointed with it.

First the docking station is extremely cheap. The plastic is pathetic. A Lego has more…

Continue

Posted by Duke Leon on February 15, 2021 at 9:00pm

Not Pleased With Pocket Hole Construction

Several months ago, I purchased the Kreg K4MS so that I could build the Lego Table as outlined on the companion "buildsomething" web site which exclusively uses pocket hole construction.  I have considerable experience with conventional…

Continue

Posted by Robert Ringel on September 17, 2020 at 1:48pm — 9 Comments

© 2024   Created by KregRep.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service

_