Kreg Owners' Community

Hello everyone,

I was wondering how many tools you all have in your workshop- power and hand tools- that you actually use in everyday projects. I like to keep my tools to a minimum. I have a mitre saw, a plunge router with a fence (not a table), a jigsaw and a cordless drill. I also have a hand plane, 2 chisels,a  Jap back saw and some general hand tools- mallets, screwdrivers and clamps.  That's it. I have never felt the need to buy anything more. Anyone here agree (or strongly disagree!) with me? 

Views: 820

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Well Men its good to see the pising contest is still going strong, howeverI see nobody has been able up up the anti on my two pocket hole jigs !!

 

tee hee

 

Robert Brennan

You're a better man than me. LOL

Robert Brennan said:

Well Men its good to see the pising contest is still going strong, howeverI see nobody has been able up up the anti on my two pocket hole jigs !!

 

tee hee

 

Robert Brennan

My daughter is in the process of remodeling my first house to move into it. She removed a cabinet from the bathroom that she referred to as some of my "early work". On reflection, I built that cabinet with a circular saw and router on a pair of saw horses. 

 

Today I have a very nice shop and a wide array of tools. Yes, there are always more that I would like to have, but I find myself not buying tools because I already have something that will accomplish the task. The big ticket items I don't have are a band saw and a larger planer. And I have found there are NEVER enough clamps. I think my coolest tool is one I don't use: my grandfather's electric coping saw.

hi robert, i have two pocket hole jigs and the k3 master jig, and a multitude of clamps for pocket jigs, check out my pic of my kreg collection.

Robert Brennan said:

Well Men its good to see the pising contest is still going strong, howeverI see nobody has been able up up the anti on my two pocket hole jigs !!

 

tee hee

 

Robert Brennan



Hugh Clare said:

My daughter is in the process of remodeling my first house to move into it. She removed a cabinet from the bathroom that she referred to as some of my "early work". On reflection, I built that cabinet with a circular saw and router on a pair of saw horses. 

 

Today I have a very nice shop and a wide array of tools. Yes, there are always more that I would like to have, but I find myself not buying tools because I already have something that will accomplish the task. The big ticket items I don't have are a band saw and a larger planer. And I have found there are NEVER enough clamps. I think my coolest tool is one I don't use: my grandfather's electric coping saw.



Robert Brennan said:

Hello Hugh,

(Couldnt resist the "I have a bigger one than you momments")

Anyway

Its always rewarding to check out early work as you can see how your skills ahave dvanced as you build more and more items.

Mind you there are some I whas not completley happy with but you never let on to anybody

I like you made a chest of drawers with what was in those days a Triton work bench and a circular saw.

The frames were gang nailed together, (no pocket hole jigs in those days) anf the drawers were a exact fit meaning there were no slide rails or front faces like we would use today.

Its still in use today be in in my eldest sons workshop in Sydney. I asked him why it was still there and his reply was that it was "irreplaceable" because it was so strong and he could not find any thing which was affordable to replace it today.

I actually measured it up with the intention to reproduce it but I dont think I could warrant the materials purchase just to replicate it.



Hugh Clare said:

My daughter is in the process of remodeling my first house to move into it. She removed a cabinet from the bathroom that she referred to as some of my "early work". On reflection, I built that cabinet with a circular saw and router on a pair of saw horses. 

 

Today I have a very nice shop and a wide array of tools. Yes, there are always more that I would like to have, but I find myself not buying tools because I already have something that will accomplish the task. The big ticket items I don't have are a band saw and a larger planer. And I have found there are NEVER enough clamps. I think my coolest tool is one I don't use: my grandfather's electric coping saw.

Hello Steve,

 

Well that the end for me I am out of it cannot beat that one! Rats !!

 

Regards

 

Robert Brennan

steve kidd said:

hi robert, i have two pocket hole jigs and the k3 master jig, and a multitude of clamps for pocket jigs, check out my pic of my kreg collection.

Robert Brennan said:

Well Men its good to see the pising contest is still going strong, howeverI see nobody has been able up up the anti on my two pocket hole jigs !!

 

tee hee

 

Robert Brennan

OK men I am back,

I thought I was knocked out forever,

But whilst sulking about in my garage I remembered this item.

Now here we go,... who has more than one of these?

for their grinder?

 

Regards

 

Robert Brennan

 

and whilst you are busy trying to work out just what it is,

 

 Happy Easter everybody !!!

 I just got started getting tools myself.  So I am a bit of a newbie with the woodworking.

So far, I only have the dualsaw, the Rockwell Jawhorse, the Rockwell BladeRunner, the Bosch 18volt drill,

the Kreg K4 jig with a few clamps, that's about it.

 

 And I plan to attempt to make that outdoor chair from the Kreg plans.  I will see how that works out.

 

its not about how many tools you have or dont have,. its about how well you use them or it or something like that..........................lol
Interesting! I have some basic power tools such as drill, power saw, sand blaster and of course, bunch of hand tools. I have couple extra from my father passed away but I don't know if they are good. I need to get saw table, router, and others. I am not really sure where to start first -- still newbie and learning... Where do I find something like guideline or checklist? I've seen some cool tools but I don't remember what it called. LOL!

Grant,

 

The table saw is going to be the most used and most versatile tool to add. I would add a router next. Beyond that, it depends on what you want to accomplish.

Grant Laird Jr said:

Interesting! I have some basic power tools such as drill, power saw, sand blaster and of course, bunch of hand tools. I have couple extra from my father passed away but I don't know if they are good. I need to get saw table, router, and others. I am not really sure where to start first -- still newbie and learning... Where do I find something like guideline or checklist? I've seen some cool tools but I don't remember what it called. LOL!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Need Help?

For Technical Support, please call 800-447-8638 or send a message. Reps are available Monday through Friday from 8am to 5pm CST. 

Videos

  • Add Videos
  • View All

Forum

Pantry slides for heavy application

  Recently purchased two 96" tall pantry cabinets that are 23" deep that only came with two adjustable shelves and two fixed, (one at about 55" and one at the very bottom).  Shelf holes in the walls are drilled 2" O.C.  Like most store-bought…Continue

Tags: drawer, slides, pantry, pull-out, 75-Lb

Started by Paul Coon in General Woodworking Aug 11.

Miter Saw Recommendation 1 Reply

I’m looking to upgrade my miter saw. I’m willing to invest a good amount of money to get one with the precision pocket hole joinery requires. Would anyone like to offer a recommended model?

Started by Joe Racz in Beginners' Zone. Last reply by Scott Davison Oct 6.

Product Reviews

New Kreg 720Pro

I saw the video Kreg put out for this new jig and had high hopes for it.

I purchased one today and am very disappointed with it.

First the docking station is extremely cheap. The plastic is pathetic. A Lego has more…

Continue

Posted by Duke Leon on February 15, 2021 at 9:00pm

Not Pleased With Pocket Hole Construction

Several months ago, I purchased the Kreg K4MS so that I could build the Lego Table as outlined on the companion "buildsomething" web site which exclusively uses pocket hole construction.  I have considerable experience with conventional…

Continue

Posted by Robert Ringel on September 17, 2020 at 1:48pm — 8 Comments

© 2021   Created by KregRep.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service

_