Kreg Owners' Community

Finally got started with my tablesaw sled . I started with 3' x 4' plywood panel and 2 36" x 3/4" alumum rails. I drilled holes ever 2" and taped the holes # 8 32 thread. I now have the two rails countersunk and screwed to the plywood. Now getting ready to mount the fence square to the tablesaw .

Views: 3455

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Well said, Jay. I would say most shop accidents are caused by complacency. We get comfortable with our equipment and forget the damage it can cause. I've dodged a bullet more times than I care to remember because I wasn't giving the task my full attention. Contrary to what I always told my kids when they came to me with their "ouchies", it WON'T grow back.

Jay Boutwell said:

As you all know by now I am a safety preaching  wood worker whom will try to push safety in the shop and every where else that I can.  In my prior profession I saw too much blood shed all labeled under the term' ACCIDENT".  It can be behind the wheel of a automobile, walking on the street or in the home and especially in the home shop.  I found that ACCIDENTS is caused by a  common term I call "FAILURE".  Failure of us to think and pay attention to what we are doing and when that happens and the conditions are present that "FAILURE" becomes the "Accident".

I am attaching a video of something that I am sure of that all of us are aware of and in this one it stars a well known television actor we all know by the name of "TOM" .  I have see several videos of the table saw safety device however not as good as this one.  (don't panic there is no blood) but it demostrates a point as to how dangerous the saw is.     Have a happy and a safe Memorial day.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Need Help?

For Technical Support, please call 800-447-8638 or send a message. Reps are available Monday through Friday from 8am to 5pm CST. 

Videos

• Add Videos

Forum

Jig settings for 2 ¾ x 1 ½ boards with 30 degree miters?

I making a hex ring out of 2x4s ripped to 2 ¾ inches wide with 30 degree miters.  What setting on the Jig should I used? 1 ½ is too much.  Thanks.Continue

Started by Patrick Halinski in Kreg Jig® Operation Dec 30, 2023.

40mm Cup Hinge Jig Question

Hi All.....I have the 35mm Kreg Jig hinge drill guide. The guide is great for 35mm Hinge Cups, but I have a speciality 40MM hinge cup to drill.Has anyone adapted the Kreg guide to work with 40mm Forsner drill bits? Or have a guide that works…Continue

Started by Ed Anderson in Beginners' Zone Oct 3, 2023.

Product Reviews

New Kreg 720Pro

I saw the video Kreg put out for this new jig and had high hopes for it.

I purchased one today and am very disappointed with it.

First the docking station is extremely cheap. The plastic is pathetic. A Lego has more…

Continue

Posted by Duke Leon on February 15, 2021 at 9:00pm

Not Pleased With Pocket Hole Construction

Several months ago, I purchased the Kreg K4MS so that I could build the Lego Table as outlined on the companion "buildsomething" web site which exclusively uses pocket hole construction.  I have considerable experience with conventional…

Continue

Posted by Robert Ringel on September 17, 2020 at 1:48pm — 9 Comments

© 2024   Created by KregRep.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service

_