Kreg Owners' Community

WHAT TABLE SAW DO YOU OWN ?AND WHAT DO YOU LIKE MOST ABOUT IT ? RATING OUT OF 5!

Views: 16673

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Delta Unisaw 3hp right tilt with a 52" extension.

The best attribute of this saw is its power with a low noise level. 

Powermatic 66 for twenty years and not one bit of regret.

I own the Rigid horse and a half 10" saw with the 1 and 1/2 inch granite tops. Very heavy, stable saw. I love the granite tops, comes with it's own mobile base. Weighs about 500lbs, but it was my new toy to put in my new 20x20 shop I had just built last year.

Woodworking for Newbs

Check me out

Ted

Between the Bosch 10 and the Rigid 4510, which would be favored for both job site general work and cabinetry work?  What portable table saw would be favored for cabinetry work? 

Thanks. ~ tallie

Had a Craftsman 10" lightweight portable saw for a couple years, didn't like it so sold it on Craigslist this year. That opened the door to purchase a bigger saw. This time I wasn't going to make the same mistake. I bought a Steel City 35905 10" 3 HP Cabinet saw. I've finally got a saw I love. The riving knife makes it a lot safer that the Craftsman I had. Albeit not as safe as a Saw Stop but I'm confident that if  I always be careful and safe I'll be OK. Cut quality with my WWII is great and extremely accurate. Retirement is great and my wood-shop keeps getting better. I've added a 6" Ridgid Jointer a 13" Ridgid Planer and just also got a JDS Dust Collector. Still need a Band Saw and a Air Purifier. 2012 will see me finish my shop.

I rate the Steel City 35905 5 Stars

I own a Sawstop. The fence is accurate, the workmanship superb and the safety system second to none.

When I lived in Hawaii, I had a small part time woodworking business for artists and owned a new left tilt, 10" Unisaw with the Biesmeyer fence and 50" table. I loved it but sold it with the business when we moved back to the mainland. Now I have a small 15' X 24' shop in the back yard of our house and started buying new but home craftsman type tools for it. Just for use on small projects and to hide from my wife when she breaks out the honey do lists.

I bought the Ridgid 4510 new and I have been extremely pleased with it. It was set up accurately out of the box with only one very minor adjustment. The only thing I don't like about it is the miter guage. It sucks. I have spent hours on trying to get it set up correctly but now I am going to just get an aftermarket and forget it.

I also bought a used ShopSmith 5 for $250.00. It had the planner and bandsaw plus all the attachments usually with the Shop Smith. I don't ever plan on using it as a saw though. I mainly got it for the lathe, drill press, planner and band saw. It is easy to switch those around and as I said it is a small shop. I leave it mostly in the lathe set up and it works very well for that. Nice and heavy and great speed control. I spent about 10 hours setting everything up on it and cleaning rust off of everything but now I am very glad to have it. I would definitely not recommend it for a table saw though.

If I were to have gone back in the wood business I would have bought professional tools again and probably the Saw Stop would have been at the top of my list for the table saw. Since I am retired now I am quite satisfied with what I have and the Ridgid allows me to move it easily out of the way when I need the extra room for assembly.

This is my first time on here and It looks like a good site. Thanks.

Eddy Vercelli

After nearly severing my thumb on my Delta saw, I opted for the 3hp SawStop Pro.  It's pricey, but it sure cost a lot less than the trip to the ER.  I still have my thumb, thank God.  Quality machine, wish I had spent the money earlier.
JTAs 10, but I have a 16x24 insulated shop.
For years I have been using an older Ridgid TS2424 tricked out with a linked belt , blade stabilizers and Leeway workshop Guardshark.  It is a good machine and has given me no issues at all.
Skill 10" table saw which I have cut off the legs so I can operate it better from my wheelchair.
Sawstop contractor saw with optional cast iron 36" extension wings and mobile base and Freud blade (just under $2,500). My very first TS. The TS has been touted "Rolls Royce" even without the safety stop feature. Do yourself and your family and your love of the hobby a favor and buy a Sawstop without hesitation. You won't regret it.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Need Help?

For Technical Support, please call 800-447-8638 or send a message. Reps are available Monday through Friday from 8am to 5pm CST. 

Videos

• Add Videos

Forum

Jig settings for 2 ¾ x 1 ½ boards with 30 degree miters?

I making a hex ring out of 2x4s ripped to 2 ¾ inches wide with 30 degree miters.  What setting on the Jig should I used? 1 ½ is too much.  Thanks.Continue

Started by Patrick Halinski in Kreg Jig® Operation Dec 30, 2023.

40mm Cup Hinge Jig Question

Hi All.....I have the 35mm Kreg Jig hinge drill guide. The guide is great for 35mm Hinge Cups, but I have a speciality 40MM hinge cup to drill.Has anyone adapted the Kreg guide to work with 40mm Forsner drill bits? Or have a guide that works…Continue

Started by Ed Anderson in Beginners' Zone Oct 3, 2023.

Product Reviews

New Kreg 720Pro

I saw the video Kreg put out for this new jig and had high hopes for it.

I purchased one today and am very disappointed with it.

First the docking station is extremely cheap. The plastic is pathetic. A Lego has more…

Continue

Posted by Duke Leon on February 15, 2021 at 9:00pm

Not Pleased With Pocket Hole Construction

Several months ago, I purchased the Kreg K4MS so that I could build the Lego Table as outlined on the companion "buildsomething" web site which exclusively uses pocket hole construction.  I have considerable experience with conventional…

Continue

Posted by Robert Ringel on September 17, 2020 at 1:48pm — 9 Comments

© 2024   Created by KregRep.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service

_