Kreg Owners' Community

I have just finished drawing my frist project on Google Sketchup 8, but I can not seem to make the areas which are to be cut out actually cut-out. Does anyone have any suggestions, I have watched the videos several times, just getting more frustrated, and the program will not allow for copy and paste, should I find my screen shot I will try to post the plans. Trying to make a recycling, paper sherdder and referance book shelving unit, it will be 18 inches deep  52 or 53 inches tall and  65 inches wide, the middle shelf will be secured with two shelves which are adjustable.

Views: 196

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Have you looked at Fine Woodworking's Design-Click_Build? It goes through every stage. You might want to start with his Setup for Woodworkers. He also has an e-book out on their website, too.

Thanks James, Sorry it has taken me so long to get back to you, the last 2 days have been very busy :(

James Waller said:

Hello John :)

You can post an image of your drawing and explain what you are trying to do and I will help you along if I can.

Open SketchUp, open up your drawing and then follow along....

1. Click on "File" in the Menu Bar and then click on "Export" and click "2D graphic".

2. Give your drawing a name and save it to a location where you can access easy. The file is saved as a ".png" image file.

3. Now just reply to your post here at the Community and add the image to your post. Just tell me what you want to do and I will get back to you.

James :)

James, I have tried to find Design-Click_Build as well to no luck. I will be asking at Lowes tomorrow for drafting programs.

James P. Cottingham said:

Have you looked at Fine Woodworking's Design-Click_Build? It goes through every stage. You might want to start with his Setup for Woodworkers. He also has an e-book out on their website, too.

Making a cut-list would be great :), I am using 1x12 and 1x6 pint to make this unit.

James Waller said:
John, are you trying to make a cut-list from your drawing?

I've tried using CutList as well on a project that I'm planning but I can not seem to get it to take the sheets, it keeps giving a plan that use only boards.

Been busy, too. I provided the links in my post. Here are the full URLs. For Design.Click.Build = http://www.finewoodworking.com/blog/design-click-build

For the Setup = http://www.finewoodworking.com/item/2505/an-important-setup-step-fo...

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Need Help?

For Technical Support, please call 800-447-8638 or send a message. Reps are available Monday through Friday from 8am to 5pm CST. 

Videos

• Add Videos

Forum

Jig settings for 2 ¾ x 1 ½ boards with 30 degree miters?

I making a hex ring out of 2x4s ripped to 2 ¾ inches wide with 30 degree miters.  What setting on the Jig should I used? 1 ½ is too much.  Thanks.Continue

Started by Patrick Halinski in Kreg Jig® Operation Dec 30, 2023.

40mm Cup Hinge Jig Question

Hi All.....I have the 35mm Kreg Jig hinge drill guide. The guide is great for 35mm Hinge Cups, but I have a speciality 40MM hinge cup to drill.Has anyone adapted the Kreg guide to work with 40mm Forsner drill bits? Or have a guide that works…Continue

Started by Ed Anderson in Beginners' Zone Oct 3, 2023.

Product Reviews

New Kreg 720Pro

I saw the video Kreg put out for this new jig and had high hopes for it.

I purchased one today and am very disappointed with it.

First the docking station is extremely cheap. The plastic is pathetic. A Lego has more…

Continue

Posted by Duke Leon on February 15, 2021 at 9:00pm

Not Pleased With Pocket Hole Construction

Several months ago, I purchased the Kreg K4MS so that I could build the Lego Table as outlined on the companion "buildsomething" web site which exclusively uses pocket hole construction.  I have considerable experience with conventional…

Continue

Posted by Robert Ringel on September 17, 2020 at 1:48pm — 9 Comments

© 2024   Created by KregRep.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service

_