Kreg Owners' Community

Hey Kreg folks,

I haven't heard much lately about the new shelf pin jig.  Can you give us any info on it such as when it will be available or what it might cost?

Views: 791

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I bought my shelf pin jig from rockler about 8 years ago,  what new one is out and how can they improve it?

Michael,

You can see a video of the Kreg shelf pin jig here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=gjQZFobWwLQ

It looks much shorter then the Rockler jig but it also seems more robust.  I was almost bought the Rockler jig the last time they had it on sale but then I saw the one Kreg was coming out with.  I love my other Kreg stuff so much I decided to wait for Kreg's new one to come out.  Back in July (in the video) they said it would be out this fall so I would assume if things are still on scheduled it should be available soon.  

i have a strip of 600mm (2ft) long piece of steel with equidistant 5mm diameter holes. the strip is about 30mm wide. I bought it from the hardware store for about $2. I have used it as a shelf "jig" for about 2 years now and never had a problem! I just clamp it on my workpiece and drill every hole or every other hole depending on how lazy I'm feeling.

I was kinda looking forward to seeing the bench klamp vise come out that they released in the same video. Now I have a project coming up that I will need a shelf pin jig for. Maybe Kregrep could shed a little light on this subject for us?

I guess I'll stick with my homemade jig for my router. One bushing for all sizes of pins, up to 3/4". I'm guessing when Kreg finally does come out with it I bet it will be at least twice what Rocklers costs. I am interested in the bench clamp too though.
I am also very interested in finding out what the cost will be.  If it were 2x the Rockler jig that would be a deal killer for me.  If it was in the $20-$30 range I would be all over it.
give me address I 'll send you 6 sheets of pegboard

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Need Help?

For Technical Support, please call 800-447-8638 or send a message. Reps are available Monday through Friday from 8am to 5pm CST. 

Videos

• Add Videos

Forum

Jig settings for 2 ¾ x 1 ½ boards with 30 degree miters?

I making a hex ring out of 2x4s ripped to 2 ¾ inches wide with 30 degree miters.  What setting on the Jig should I used? 1 ½ is too much.  Thanks.Continue

Started by Patrick Halinski in Kreg Jig® Operation Dec 30, 2023.

40mm Cup Hinge Jig Question

Hi All.....I have the 35mm Kreg Jig hinge drill guide. The guide is great for 35mm Hinge Cups, but I have a speciality 40MM hinge cup to drill.Has anyone adapted the Kreg guide to work with 40mm Forsner drill bits? Or have a guide that works…Continue

Started by Ed Anderson in Beginners' Zone Oct 3, 2023.

Product Reviews

New Kreg 720Pro

I saw the video Kreg put out for this new jig and had high hopes for it.

I purchased one today and am very disappointed with it.

First the docking station is extremely cheap. The plastic is pathetic. A Lego has more…

Continue

Posted by Duke Leon on February 15, 2021 at 9:00pm

Not Pleased With Pocket Hole Construction

Several months ago, I purchased the Kreg K4MS so that I could build the Lego Table as outlined on the companion "buildsomething" web site which exclusively uses pocket hole construction.  I have considerable experience with conventional…

Continue

Posted by Robert Ringel on September 17, 2020 at 1:48pm — 9 Comments

© 2024   Created by KregRep.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service

_