Kreg Owners' Community

Visited the local Sears store the other night here in Wausau, Wisconsin to see what they had in Kreg accessories.  It's a fairly large store.

Turned out they had nothing.  Talked to 3 employees in the tool department.  None of them ever heard of the Kreg Jig.  In fact one of them said "I've been here 20 years and I've never heard of a Kreg Jig".   One of them said maybe I'd have to go to a special woodworking store to get one.  ( I told him that I already have the jig but was looking for accessories).

All the local home improvement stores here have the Kreg but not too much in accessories.

Mistakenly, I thought Sears would be the place for these.  Maybe a Kreg Sales Rep should start hitting on these guys.

Anyway, that was my "Sears Experience".   

Views: 1993

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

sounds like most of my sears experiences over the last few years, unfortunately.

Rockler or Woodcraft are the places i know that have the most.  I'm lucky to have both here in Denver.

I always attend the Woodworking Show when it comes to my area and love to watch the demos on Kreg.  They have everything you would want for accessories.  Speciality woodworking stores such as Rocker and Woodcraft are also excellent choices.

Nearest Rockler store is in Milwaukee area, about 180 miles from me.

Woodcraft has store in Appleton area, about 85 miles.  Next time I'm in Appleton area I'll have to stop there.

I think it's just nice to see and hold the tool or accessory in hand before purchasing.  But sometimes I guess you can't.

Was reading a post the other day on the Garage Journal site. A fellow said most Sears stores stock the tools in the store that the average walk-in customer will buy.  Specialized tools that don't sell as fast are available on line.  I think Sears is missing the boat by not stocking the Kreg Jig and a full line of Kreg items.

well dont feel bad I had to order my K-2 online in the stroe they had no clue what I was talking about and the only place around me to get Kreg tools is lowe's and I'm lucky if I can get 3 box's at a time and some time's they dont have them at all and it cost me $40 for 1000 screws men did they get me on shipping at Kreg's and amason they keep at you in tell you get somthing you dont need so jion the club.

Lowes has some Kreg stuff--you might check them out.

You might try menards too... I saw some kreg products there the other day.
Sears has really gone downhill here recently.  I had the same kind of bewildered look when I went into Harbor Freight months back to get dust collector bags for their dust collector and they looked at me like I was nuts.
I actually had a good Sears experience.  I first went to Canadian Tire looking for a router adapter plate . . . I was mating my Dewalt router to a Mastercraft table and thought that CT would be the place as that was where I got the table.  I found a young guy in the tool section and asked him about a router adapter plate . . . he looked at me really strange and said that I should go to an electronics store.  I chucked to myself and left.  I went to sears and within 45 seconds of asking someone . . . one was in my hand.
If you know what your looking for . I picked up several things  a pancake compresser with a brad 18 ga nailer $70.  Right angle 12v drill for $100. New multi tool for $60 with sears craftsman tool club. plus a $10 sears card.

Zuki said:
I actually had a good Sears experience.  I first went to Canadian Tire looking for a router adapter plate . . . I was mating my Dewalt router to a Mastercraft table and thought that CT would be the place as that was where I got the table.  I found a young guy in the tool section and asked him about a router adapter plate . . . he looked at me really strange and said that I should go to an electronics store.  I chucked to myself and left.  I went to sears and within 45 seconds of asking someone . . . one was in my hand.
Sears is not the Sears of our parents. I tried to buy a stove, went there because I got an email ad for 20% off. I was told that the prices on the stoves were 20% 0ff....Ok, went back the next day and got another salesperson who gave us different information. Decided to buy the stove and as they were trying to find a sales sheet I asked if it had a broiler grill. No, you have to go to the parts dept and purchase one for 29.00 bucks. I looked down at the floor model and told him that there was one right there. He did not get it, neither did we. We went to Howards and got the stove with broiler for the same price, better delivery (0) after rebate. Never going to Sears again.
do you know about ace hardwear stores? here across the lake (traverse city mi) the stores are just full of that stuff but are really high price.......  good luck

I had a similar experience at my local Home Depot. Three of their associates looked at me as if I was an alien that had just beamed into their store when I asked for the location of their Kreg Jigs and its accessories. I finally after several minutes found a very small display in the hand tool section!

I was delighted while visiting Lowes the same day that their staff knew about the Kreg Jig and was pleased to direct me to their large Kreg and pockets joinery section!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Need Help?

For Technical Support, please call 800-447-8638 or send a message. Reps are available Monday through Friday from 8am to 5pm CST. 

Videos

• Add Videos

Forum

Jig settings for 2 ¾ x 1 ½ boards with 30 degree miters?

I making a hex ring out of 2x4s ripped to 2 ¾ inches wide with 30 degree miters.  What setting on the Jig should I used? 1 ½ is too much.  Thanks.Continue

Started by Patrick Halinski in Kreg Jig® Operation Dec 30, 2023.

40mm Cup Hinge Jig Question

Hi All.....I have the 35mm Kreg Jig hinge drill guide. The guide is great for 35mm Hinge Cups, but I have a speciality 40MM hinge cup to drill.Has anyone adapted the Kreg guide to work with 40mm Forsner drill bits? Or have a guide that works…Continue

Started by Ed Anderson in Beginners' Zone Oct 3, 2023.

Product Reviews

New Kreg 720Pro

I saw the video Kreg put out for this new jig and had high hopes for it.

I purchased one today and am very disappointed with it.

First the docking station is extremely cheap. The plastic is pathetic. A Lego has more…

Continue

Posted by Duke Leon on February 15, 2021 at 9:00pm

Not Pleased With Pocket Hole Construction

Several months ago, I purchased the Kreg K4MS so that I could build the Lego Table as outlined on the companion "buildsomething" web site which exclusively uses pocket hole construction.  I have considerable experience with conventional…

Continue

Posted by Robert Ringel on September 17, 2020 at 1:48pm — 9 Comments

© 2024   Created by KregRep.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service

_