Kreg Owners' Community

Does anyone out there happen to own this model (R4512) table saw?  I got a great deal on one (new) from "Big Orange" and would like to discuss a few things about it.

Thanks in advance.

Views: 16261

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hey Steve how are you doing? I have my Ridgid TS R-4512 for about to month now. I have no idea what I'm doing but having lots of fun learning. I want to get into woodworking that's why I invested in this machine. I just received my RG-5 ZC insert and will like to get some pointers on installing mine. I tested ZC on the table to se how it fits and there seems to be some slop. With this insert theirs only one screw and it doesn't seem to remove the slop. What did you do to your and how did you installed it. I will like to build a cross cut sled also and will like to see some pictures of yours. Thanks in advance.

Hi Angel - the Amazon picture shows 5 hold down screw holes?

http://www.amazon.com/LEECRAFT-RIDGID-R4512-Zero-Clearance-Insert/d...

That should keep it from moving around or, are those for leveling.. Seems like 5 is about 1 to many for leveling. 

The LeeCraft insert for my 4510 only has one screw in the edge, to remove any slop you back the screw out until you get a friction fit.

Are you sure you got the right insert?

Here is the one for the 4510. The 4 screws are for leveling, not holding down.

http://www.forrestsawbladesonline.com/product_676_RG3_Leecraft_Zero...

John Thanks for your response. That is the one ZC insert I bought and yes the holes are for leveling. The one screw that it has to reduce slop doesn't really make a difference, no matter how much I back out the screw.  I did notice that some of the other Leecraft ZC have four screws for reducing the slop in the insert.  I have some neodymium magnets tha will fit perfectly into the small circle slot at the end of the insert. I tested the magnet but it raises the insert about a hair above the surface of the TS. I was thinking of deepening the hole a bit and glueing the magnet on but I'm affraid of removing to much. What do you think?

I'd drop LeeCraft an email. The president is also a woodworker and all round nice guy. I had some issues with mine and that's all it took. If you were only to take off, say, about a 64th, you would likely be OK but I'd check with them first.

Angel Gonzalez said:

John Thanks for your response. That is the one ZC insert I bought and yes the holes are for leveling. The one screw that it has to reduce slop doesn't really make a difference, no matter how much I back out the screw.  I did notice that some of the other Leecraft ZC have four screws for reducing the slop in the insert.  I have some neodymium magnets tha will fit perfectly into the small circle slot at the end of the insert. I tested the magnet but it raises the insert about a hair above the surface of the TS. I was thinking of deepening the hole a bit and glueing the magnet on but I'm affraid of removing to much. What do you think?

Hi Angel,

Sorry, I didn't see your note till today.  The screw holes you mention are ONLY for leveling the insert.  Mine fit into the hole on my saw perfectly - NO SLOP at all.  I would contact Leecraft, as was suggested if you need further help with SLOP and / or leveling.  They are great people to deal with.

When I installed mine I simply attached, with clamps, "hold down" boards.  I then started the saw & cut through the bottom of the insert.  V E R Y   S L O W L Y   ! ! ! ! ! !

Angel Gonzalez said:

Hey Steve how are you doing? I have my Ridgid TS R-4512 for about to month now. I have no idea what I'm doing but having lots of fun learning. I want to get into woodworking that's why I invested in this machine. I just received my RG-5 ZC insert and will like to get some pointers on installing mine. I tested ZC on the table to se how it fits and there seems to be some slop. With this insert theirs only one screw and it doesn't seem to remove the slop. What did you do to your and how did you installed it. I will like to build a cross cut sled also and will like to see some pictures of yours. Thanks in advance.

Steve thanks for your response. I went and bought a small #6 washer which fits flush with the small hole in the front. I'm going to glue it on and hopefully it should hold the insert down. If the magnet doesn't hold tight enough I might just shave a little off and glue another magnet.  I'm going to try this during the week because I just finished my very first project a work bench. I still have to add the table top. Any ideas I'm looking for some good hard wood.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Need Help?

For Technical Support, please call 800-447-8638 or send a message. Reps are available Monday through Friday from 8am to 5pm CST. 

Videos

• Add Videos

Forum

Jig settings for 2 ¾ x 1 ½ boards with 30 degree miters?

I making a hex ring out of 2x4s ripped to 2 ¾ inches wide with 30 degree miters.  What setting on the Jig should I used? 1 ½ is too much.  Thanks.Continue

Started by Patrick Halinski in Kreg Jig® Operation Dec 30, 2023.

40mm Cup Hinge Jig Question

Hi All.....I have the 35mm Kreg Jig hinge drill guide. The guide is great for 35mm Hinge Cups, but I have a speciality 40MM hinge cup to drill.Has anyone adapted the Kreg guide to work with 40mm Forsner drill bits? Or have a guide that works…Continue

Started by Ed Anderson in Beginners' Zone Oct 3, 2023.

Product Reviews

New Kreg 720Pro

I saw the video Kreg put out for this new jig and had high hopes for it.

I purchased one today and am very disappointed with it.

First the docking station is extremely cheap. The plastic is pathetic. A Lego has more…

Continue

Posted by Duke Leon on February 15, 2021 at 9:00pm

Not Pleased With Pocket Hole Construction

Several months ago, I purchased the Kreg K4MS so that I could build the Lego Table as outlined on the companion "buildsomething" web site which exclusively uses pocket hole construction.  I have considerable experience with conventional…

Continue

Posted by Robert Ringel on September 17, 2020 at 1:48pm — 9 Comments

© 2024   Created by KregRep.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service

_