Kreg Owners' Community

Big, small, full of tools, or just starting... post photos of your shop!  I'm sure there's quite a wide range of them out there.. I used to work in my attic, and now I'm in the garage.  Maybe the photos will give the rest of us ideas for tools, layout, lighting, etc. in our own shops!

Views: 943

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I built this my self and I use it just about everyday now that I am no longer in workforce. I build lots of screen doors and beds.

Steven Akers said:
I plan on retiring in 6 years. The plan is a dedicated shop and hopefully by then I will have the skill set to justify new tools. But for now the tools are better than the person using them...... It's fun to look at the photos of other shops. Lots of ideas.

Jens Jensen said:
Yep I really enjoy the woodshop Nice thing about it is I cant get a car in there.Thats a +++++++
My name is James been playing with wood about 5-6 years just started getting serious about 18 months ago.
The shelf shown is a 7 1/2'' d x 30'' w x 72'' high dvd unit, a customer wanted made up for a certain spot in his rec room he loved it have sold a few since.
The table was my first item l made made it for my wife she loves it have turned down money 2-3 for table on advice and direction from my better half lol.
The last photo not a good one of shop need to update have all tools in photo's but no room.
Hope you enjoy, hoping to make a small part time business from woodworking, to substitute my disability pension l hope.

thanks James
Attachments:
Here are pictures of the outside of my shop, if i took pictures of the inside all you would see right now a are components for 24 cabinets scattered all over the place.

My dream shop l hope some day no stairs for numb feet, very nice

james
I spent two years making the building for my shop and another six months making the benchs, cabinets and I still don't have everything where I want it.
Attachments:
It's not very a very big garage but it has the room I need to do what need. As you can see I don't make big stuff, This Picnic Table is about the biggest thing I have made.
Attachments:
As requested, This is a finished photo of my 24x32 foot shop. It has a Ptac A/C unit to cool and heat. At the last 10' of the shop are two rooms. One is a craft room and the other is a tool supply room. The garage door is big enough to drive a vehicle into the shop. It has telephone and no cable, yet. I ran my power from the house DP. The shop panel is rated at 50 amps. The Ptac is 220 VAC 30 amp. An outlet is also dedicated to a 220 VAC welder. All my GFCI breakers are at the panel and not at the outlets. My Fluorescent fixtures have protective sleeves covering the bulbs in case they accidentally get hit by a piece of flying wood. The walls and ceiling is made of wafer board. I chose this because of the moisture and easier to mount things to the walls. Also, If I have to remove one of the panels, I won't have sheet rock to clean up.
Attachments:
Looks sharp send more when the sawdust is flying

Antoine boyd said:
As requested, This is a finished photo of my 24x32 foot shop. It has a Ptac A/C unit to cool and heat. At the last 10' of the shop are two rooms. One is a craft room and the other is a tool supply room. The garage door is big enough to drive a vehicle into the shop. It has telephone and no cable, yet. I ran my power from the house DP. The shop panel is rated at 50 amps. The Ptac is 220 VAC 30 amp. An outlet is also dedicated to a 220 VAC welder. All my GFCI breakers are at the panel and not at the outlets. My Fluorescent fixtures have protective sleeves covering the bulbs in case they accidentally get hit by a piece of flying wood. The walls and ceiling is made of wafer board. I chose this because of the moisture and easier to mount things to the walls. Also, If I have to remove one of the panels, I won't have sheet rock to clean up.
Check out my projects and you will see more than the sawdust. I am about to build another computer work station. The wife says the other one is to big and doesn't fit. I think it's really that she can't see me at my desk through the partition that serves as lighting and shelves. Right now I'm painting and laying down laminate flooring throughout the house.

Jens Jensen said:
Looks sharp send more when the sawdust is flying

Antoine boyd said:
As requested, This is a finished photo of my 24x32 foot shop. It has a Ptac A/C unit to cool and heat. At the last 10' of the shop are two rooms. One is a craft room and the other is a tool supply room. The garage door is big enough to drive a vehicle into the shop. It has telephone and no cable, yet. I ran my power from the house DP. The shop panel is rated at 50 amps. The Ptac is 220 VAC 30 amp. An outlet is also dedicated to a 220 VAC welder. All my GFCI breakers are at the panel and not at the outlets. My Fluorescent fixtures have protective sleeves covering the bulbs in case they accidentally get hit by a piece of flying wood. The walls and ceiling is made of wafer board. I chose this because of the moisture and easier to mount things to the walls. Also, If I have to remove one of the panels, I won't have sheet rock to clean up.
OK, here's my entry. The shop is starting to take shape. I spend a lot of time out here.

I do not like your shop. It looks to neat and clean. I think my wife has been there. Ha, Ha, Mine is cluttered, messy. As long as I don't trip on anything, I feel good about it. Just kidding. Your shop looks swell. I think you ought to remove the turkey tails, as they will get full of dust and mites and it will destroy your trophies.

Hugh Clare said:
OK, here's my entry. The shop is starting to take shape. I spend a lot of time out here.

LOL. No, my wife hasn't been out there. The shop seldom looks this nice. Thought I better take a picture while it did. The turkey tails have survived many years of "garage" living and I still hunt them every year. If they have to be replaced, so be it.


Antoine boyd said:
I do not like your shop. It looks to neat and clean. I think my wife has been there. Ha, Ha, Mine is cluttered, messy. As long as I don't trip on anything, I feel good about it. Just kidding. Your shop looks swell. I think you ought to remove the turkey tails, as they will get full of dust and mites and it will destroy your trophies.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Need Help?

For Technical Support, please call 800-447-8638 or send a message. Reps are available Monday through Friday from 8am to 5pm CST. 

Videos

  • Add Videos
  • View All

Forum

Pantry slides for heavy application

  Recently purchased two 96" tall pantry cabinets that are 23" deep that only came with two adjustable shelves and two fixed, (one at about 55" and one at the very bottom).  Shelf holes in the walls are drilled 2" O.C.  Like most store-bought…Continue

Tags: drawer, slides, pantry, pull-out, 75-Lb

Started by Paul Coon in General Woodworking Aug 11.

Miter Saw Recommendation 1 Reply

I’m looking to upgrade my miter saw. I’m willing to invest a good amount of money to get one with the precision pocket hole joinery requires. Would anyone like to offer a recommended model?

Started by Joe Racz in Beginners' Zone. Last reply by Scott Davison Oct 6.

Product Reviews

New Kreg 720Pro

I saw the video Kreg put out for this new jig and had high hopes for it.

I purchased one today and am very disappointed with it.

First the docking station is extremely cheap. The plastic is pathetic. A Lego has more…

Continue

Posted by Duke Leon on February 15, 2021 at 9:00pm

Not Pleased With Pocket Hole Construction

Several months ago, I purchased the Kreg K4MS so that I could build the Lego Table as outlined on the companion "buildsomething" web site which exclusively uses pocket hole construction.  I have considerable experience with conventional…

Continue

Posted by Robert Ringel on September 17, 2020 at 1:48pm — 8 Comments

© 2021   Created by KregRep.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service

_