Kreg Owners' Community

Looking into a portable collection system.What is best size of air flow.Will use on contractor saw,router table,22 inch edge sander and planer .I see Harbor freight has one for 100.00 plus

Views: 348

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Im sure between you and Jens you guys could figure out how to make a Martin with your kreg jig ! ha maybe you could call it a Krartin ! Just kiddin Im taking lessons off and on but not to musicallly inclined. Im just a wantabe! T
Just keep picking at it!!! There's a guy that comes into the local lumber yard where I get my stuff from and buys 8/4 Mahogany to make bodies for guitars. I'd love to see how he does it. Then again, my brother has made one from a cigar box and a broom stick so go figure.

T Corey said:
Im sure between you and Jens you guys could figure out how to make a Martin with your kreg jig ! ha maybe you could call it a krartin ! Just kiddin Im taking lessons off and on but not to musicallly inclined. Im just a wantabe! T
Yep just keep picking.I started when I was 12 and then after 2-yrs or so I quit until 5 yrs ago at age of 62 and now it is all fun ,We have a collage course that has BG school and we have a blast every week 9 months a yr .At end of quarter we have a concert free to public.In fact it is this Tues so I best get mt Ralph Stanly throat in shape.

T Corey said:
Im sure between you and Jens you guys could figure out how to make a Martin with your kreg jig ! ha maybe you could call it a Krartin ! Just kiddin Im taking lessons off and on but not to musicallly inclined. Im just a wantabe! T
I am going to pick mine up today and I do have a 5 gallon separator I will try use for now but it only uses 2-1/2 inch hose so it might restrict the full capability of collector.We will see.Have you got pictures of your set up??

justin waldron said:
I bought the harbor freight 2 hp about a week ago, had a coupon for $139 in WOOD magazine, I paid the extra $35 for 2 year replacement (it is harbor freight after all!! I bought 4 in. aluminum ducting from Lowes and just used it the first time yesterday planing some cherry that I'm using for cabinets and I am completely impressed and how great this machine works. Virtually no dust/chips on the floor at all, I planed 5 boards from 7/8 down to 3/4, wasn't even enough dust to sweep really. I did notice that I needed to ground my piping, there was quite a bit of static buildup so I plan to go today and get some wire to do that and if you follow the link I post it will take you to a home made separater to make it a 2 stage unit that I plan on doing today as well. http://www.woodcraft.com/Articles/Articles.aspx?articleid=408 I don't know how I ever did it without a dust collector, for the first time I'm actually looking forward to planing the other 130 bd. ft. of cherry... sigh...
Ok Justin,cause I know you live only 20 miles or so from me..im curious where you buy your hardwoods from?
Just hooked up my new dust collector.I cannot believe how quiet it is.They did not have any 4 inch hose I will have to order it but in meantime i think I will try some dryer vent hose !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Also I had to go to Lowes and buy 16 bolts and 20 nuts that was shorted

Jens Jensen said:
I am going to pick mine up today and I do have a 5 gallon separator I will try use for now but it only uses 2-1/2 inch hose so it might restrict the full capability of collector.We will see.Have you got pictures of your set up??

justin waldron said:
I bought the harbor freight 2 hp about a week ago, had a coupon for $139 in WOOD magazine, I paid the extra $35 for 2 year replacement (it is harbor freight after all!! I bought 4 in. aluminum ducting from Lowes and just used it the first time yesterday planing some cherry that I'm using for cabinets and I am completely impressed and how great this machine works. Virtually no dust/chips on the floor at all, I planed 5 boards from 7/8 down to 3/4, wasn't even enough dust to sweep really. I did notice that I needed to ground my piping, there was quite a bit of static buildup so I plan to go today and get some wire to do that and if you follow the link I post it will take you to a home made separater to make it a 2 stage unit that I plan on doing today as well. http://www.woodcraft.com/Articles/Articles.aspx?articleid=408 I don't know how I ever did it without a dust collector, for the first time I'm actually looking forward to planing the other 130 bd. ft. of cherry... sigh...
Jens, sorry it took so long for me to get back to you, but I love mine!! I'm glad you are liking it so far too!!

Jens Jensen said:
Just hooked up my new dust collector.I cannot believe how quiet it is.They did not have any 4 inch hose I will have to order it but in meantime i think I will try some dryer vent hose !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Also I had to go to Lowes and buy 16 bolts and 20 nuts that was shorted

Jens Jensen said:

justin waldron said:
I buy all of my hardwoods from a place called J.C. Forest products. They are off of exit 126, south on route 1 in Massaponax. They have everything you could ever dream of man!!

michael pope said:
Ok Justin,cause I know you live only 20 miles or so from me..im curious where you buy your hardwoods from?
Justin is that the place thats on the left on rt 1 heading south before you get to Massaponax church road?
It's actually on the right just before massaponx church road, you can't see it from router 1, it's just past the storage place.

michael pope said:
Justin is that the place thats on the left on rt 1 heading south before you get to Massaponax church road?
Jens, as far as the static electricity goes... I have found that no matter what there's a buildup. I bought 12 guage brass wire from Lowes and attached it to my first "0" clamp at my machine and to the last "0" clamp towards the dust collector and grounded it on the base of the collector. Wherever theres a splice you have to bridge the splice for a continuous ground.

justin waldron said:
Jens, sorry it took so long for me to get back to you, but I love mine!! I'm glad you are liking it so far too!!

Jens Jensen said:

Jens Jensen said:

justin waldron said:
While you are always wise to view in person any tool or piece of equipment you are interested in, I have to say that the quality of tools/machinery and accessories available through Harbor Freight have surpassed my expectations!
There is now a lifetime warranty on the majority of their tools and even though there are versions of their tool brand suppliers which are available, with the advent of their local stores these suppliers have stepped up their lines to a much higher quality at H.F.'s insistence I'm pretty sure.
The store here in the eastern Cleveland area (Eastlake, OH) is always well stocked and manned by a friendly and knowledgeable staff.
I took the step this year to even join their new Inside Track Club for $30. per year. Between my membership, their frequent sales (announced through mailers and e-mails) and a little patient comparisons over time, I've boosted my long needed tool selections for both my Woodworking and Auto projects over this past year at sometimes incredible prices!
Disclaimer: No, I nor any of my family, friends, neighbors, etc. DO NOT for Harbor Freight or their suppliers!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Need Help?

For Technical Support, please call 800-447-8638 or send a message. Reps are available Monday through Friday from 8am to 5pm CST. 

Videos

• Add Videos

Forum

Jig settings for 2 ¾ x 1 ½ boards with 30 degree miters?

I making a hex ring out of 2x4s ripped to 2 ¾ inches wide with 30 degree miters.  What setting on the Jig should I used? 1 ½ is too much.  Thanks.Continue

Started by Patrick Halinski in Kreg Jig® Operation Dec 30, 2023.

40mm Cup Hinge Jig Question

Hi All.....I have the 35mm Kreg Jig hinge drill guide. The guide is great for 35mm Hinge Cups, but I have a speciality 40MM hinge cup to drill.Has anyone adapted the Kreg guide to work with 40mm Forsner drill bits? Or have a guide that works…Continue

Started by Ed Anderson in Beginners' Zone Oct 3, 2023.

Product Reviews

New Kreg 720Pro

I saw the video Kreg put out for this new jig and had high hopes for it.

I purchased one today and am very disappointed with it.

First the docking station is extremely cheap. The plastic is pathetic. A Lego has more…

Continue

Posted by Duke Leon on February 15, 2021 at 9:00pm

Not Pleased With Pocket Hole Construction

Several months ago, I purchased the Kreg K4MS so that I could build the Lego Table as outlined on the companion "buildsomething" web site which exclusively uses pocket hole construction.  I have considerable experience with conventional…

Continue

Posted by Robert Ringel on September 17, 2020 at 1:48pm — 9 Comments

© 2024   Created by KregRep.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service

_