Kreg Owners' Community

this is a great forum and checking out others fine projects is inspiring!

I have some comments on my new purchase the K4MS. I have not used yet but am sure will enjoy it as I am have used default a biscuit/ dovetail history.

- I took delivery from Sears online for 109 after discounts. I have been looking fo rsome time and really appreciated the Kreg history and USA manufacturing which i support. Appears to be some great engineering!

- I ordered the K3MS (looking at reviews) and got the K4 instead. Im ok with that as the handle position seems logical as the clamp area would interfere.

- The master kit also camer with the portable unit as a bonus.

- there are few screws with kit but I get it as to why... no big deal.

- Could have used another spacer block for thicker wood in kit when not using the base.

- The reinforced plastic looks great and seems durable.

- Have not downloaded yet but also appreciate the cabinetry download which I am anxiously awaiting.

- Very dissapointed in the following..

- the drill bit and probably the screw drivers are all China (mine was laying open form the flimsy oil soaked cardboard sleeve).

- The entire clamp assembly is made in China

- The screws are China

seems the only thinkg made in the USA is the plastic jigs???

Can't wait to use jig but really would have hoped the clamp and many other parts were NOT made in China, I think most would pay a little extra to have made in USA on this product and prouder to own..I wonder if the K3's were made in USA prior??.. maybe I will return if they were and are available. oh well..

regards

Views: 285

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Having Owned both styles of the jig, I have to say I still like the K3 clamp the best.  Look at putting a large pannel of wood in the jig like say a shelf bottom that you want to edge band if this shelf is say 2' x 3' for a large cabinet, you can easily clamp it in place with the K3 but now try it in a K4 style, you must reac all the way around the pannel to clamp it in the middle of the pannle for drilling the mid holes.

Kreg had some complaints on the clamp pressure being week on the K3, I have not had any issues with mine.....

Look under Woodentoolcompany's utube channel to see a simple jig that fixes the problem with the older jigs and having to reach around back to close the clamp.  Uses a simple wooden lever that makes it so you can close the clamp with your foot. Really speeds up the process!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Need Help?

For Technical Support, please call 800-447-8638 or send a message. Reps are available Monday through Friday from 8am to 5pm CST. 

Videos

• Add Videos

Forum

Jig settings for 2 ¾ x 1 ½ boards with 30 degree miters?

I making a hex ring out of 2x4s ripped to 2 ¾ inches wide with 30 degree miters.  What setting on the Jig should I used? 1 ½ is too much.  Thanks.Continue

Started by Patrick Halinski in Kreg Jig® Operation Dec 30, 2023.

40mm Cup Hinge Jig Question

Hi All.....I have the 35mm Kreg Jig hinge drill guide. The guide is great for 35mm Hinge Cups, but I have a speciality 40MM hinge cup to drill.Has anyone adapted the Kreg guide to work with 40mm Forsner drill bits? Or have a guide that works…Continue

Started by Ed Anderson in Beginners' Zone Oct 3, 2023.

Product Reviews

New Kreg 720Pro

I saw the video Kreg put out for this new jig and had high hopes for it.

I purchased one today and am very disappointed with it.

First the docking station is extremely cheap. The plastic is pathetic. A Lego has more…

Continue

Posted by Duke Leon on February 15, 2021 at 9:00pm

Not Pleased With Pocket Hole Construction

Several months ago, I purchased the Kreg K4MS so that I could build the Lego Table as outlined on the companion "buildsomething" web site which exclusively uses pocket hole construction.  I have considerable experience with conventional…

Continue

Posted by Robert Ringel on September 17, 2020 at 1:48pm — 9 Comments

© 2024   Created by KregRep.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service

_