Kreg Owners' Community

I recently posted a video on YouTube about a jig I made for, and using, the Kreg Jig Junior.  Somebody from here stumbled on it, and invited me to come share and learn from you folks.  So I figured, why not.  I'm by no means a master carpenter or woodworker, but I learn fast and can engineer a lot of things by taking a few ideas and combining them.  I've always been good at figuring stuff out.

I build Cornhole boards as a side business.  Part of the "trick" to building a perfect cornhole board is to offer a variety of designs, and to be able to make everything smooth and ready for paint, stain, or whatever the customer desires.  When using a nail gun or screws, there are always going to be little dots left after filling and sanding, so about 2 years ago, I started researching ways around that.  I stumbled onto the Kreg Jig.  What an amazing little tool!  Now I can produce Cornhole boards that look like a piece of furniture, and are as solid as a rock.  Here's a few pictures, and a video of a jig I made for using the basic Kreg Jig Junior, but making it more efficient.  Hope you guys like it.

Views: 1866

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

And a few more pictures of some of the finished products I've made this way, including a set that has latches on the sides to keep them together, like a suitcase.
Attachments:
And a few pictures of the jig I came up with to eliminate the need for clamping. I use 1" x 3" maple for my frames, and the jig is set up perfectly for that. Also included a video link of the jig I made in action.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ESFkqPi-p7g&feature=player_embedded
Attachments:
Here's Milky's video:

Milky, this looks like a great setup for building your Cornhole Boards! Great job, looks very efficient. There are a few other cornhole boards which have been posted on this community... just do a search in the upper-right-hand corner... you'll find them!

Thanks for posting and for sharing your great photos!
Sorry guy's this is a dumb question but what are cornhole boards? and what do you use them for.

buy the way they look great and the jig is very cleaver.
Andrew Cargin said:
Sorry guy's this is a dumb question but what are cornhole boards? and what do you use them for.
buy the way they look great and the jig is very cleaver.

According to the American Cornhole Association:

What is Cornhole?

It has been called many things, Corn Toss, Bean Bag, Bean Toss, Soft Horseshoes, Indiana Horseshoes, but to many of us born and raised in Kentucky and the southern part of Ohio, the game is passionately referred to as Cornhole.

It has been said that the game originated in Germany in the 14th century, and then was rediscovered in the hills of Kentucky over 100 years ago.

The truth is, who really knows, but the game is great fun for all ages and can be played anywhere!

Cornhole or Corn Toss is similar to horseshoes except you use wooden boxes called cornhole platforms and corn bags instead of horseshoes and metal stakes. Contestants take turns pitching their corn bags at the cornhole platform until a contestant reaches the score of 21 points. A corn bag in the hole scores 3 points, while one on the platform scores 1 point.

Scoring can be swift and the lead may change hands several times in a match before the winner is decided.

The game is generally played tournament style with an individual or team being named the champion at the end of the tournament.

Why play Cornhole / Corn Toss?

The biggest reasons to play Cornhole or Corn Toss instead of horseshoes or other similar games is that Cornhole can be played anywhere and everyone can play Cornhole.

If you can aim and toss a corn bag 30 feet, you can master the game of Cornhole - It's great for family outings.

Cornhole can be played anywhere - driveways, parks, backyard, campgrounds, beaches and even in-doors.

Safe for everyone - no metal or pointed objects. Corn bags are made of extra soft 12 oz. duck canvas material and filled with pliable high quality feed corn.

No muss; no fuss. Two cornhole platforms and 8 corn bags and you’re ready to play the game.

Very portable. Can be taken anywhere. Fits in most car trunks and there are fold-down models that are even more portable.

Horseshoes require a sand pit and are hard for the kids to pitch, lawn darts require a lawn and hasn’t been seen since the 70’s, ring toss was made for children and bean bags are for wimps; Cornhole is the game for everyone!

It’s great fun for the whole family.
Thanks for filling in the blanks sounds like fun.I have never herd of the game before

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Need Help?

For Technical Support, please call 800-447-8638 or send a message. Reps are available Monday through Friday from 8am to 5pm CST. 

Videos

• Add Videos

Forum

Jig settings for 2 ¾ x 1 ½ boards with 30 degree miters?

I making a hex ring out of 2x4s ripped to 2 ¾ inches wide with 30 degree miters.  What setting on the Jig should I used? 1 ½ is too much.  Thanks.Continue

Started by Patrick Halinski in Kreg Jig® Operation Dec 30, 2023.

40mm Cup Hinge Jig Question

Hi All.....I have the 35mm Kreg Jig hinge drill guide. The guide is great for 35mm Hinge Cups, but I have a speciality 40MM hinge cup to drill.Has anyone adapted the Kreg guide to work with 40mm Forsner drill bits? Or have a guide that works…Continue

Started by Ed Anderson in Beginners' Zone Oct 3, 2023.

Product Reviews

New Kreg 720Pro

I saw the video Kreg put out for this new jig and had high hopes for it.

I purchased one today and am very disappointed with it.

First the docking station is extremely cheap. The plastic is pathetic. A Lego has more…

Continue

Posted by Duke Leon on February 15, 2021 at 9:00pm

Not Pleased With Pocket Hole Construction

Several months ago, I purchased the Kreg K4MS so that I could build the Lego Table as outlined on the companion "buildsomething" web site which exclusively uses pocket hole construction.  I have considerable experience with conventional…

Continue

Posted by Robert Ringel on September 17, 2020 at 1:48pm — 9 Comments

© 2024   Created by KregRep.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service

_