Kreg Owners' Community

my Kreg Jig Bit Broke! :( What can I do? Is there a repair or replacement? I've had it 7 months, and was drilling into a 1x4 pine ?

Views: 6490

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Angie,

You can probably find one at a local tool store that carries Kreg products. Failing that you can find on online at Lee Valley tools http://www.leevalley.com/en/wood/page.aspx?p=46272&cat=1,180,42...

or the Tool Store http://www.thetoolstore.ca/view.asp?Kreg-Quick-Change-Hex-Shank-Dri...

Do they replace these Jim? I've had it since May 2011?

You would be hard pressed to find anyone that would replace a drill bit of any sort as it is considered a consumable item much like sand paper or hack saw blades.

First my Patriots...now my Kreg!!! what else?

You just need a 3/8" flat bottom step drill bit. Should be able to get one at Lowes, Home Depot, Ace Hardware...... etc.. How'd ya do that anyway? Jim's right, be hard put to claim a warranty on a broken bit. Surprised Kreg offers free sharpening.

They have the drill bit at Lowes for 15.49, can't live without my kreg. I don't know John!~ I drilled 3 holes, 3rd wasn't going thru...pulled out, and my little pointy end was still inside :(

Hi Angie - looks like it could have been dropped somewhere along the way. Sometimes they can get a crack that wont show up right away.

Check and see if they have a mini jig kit, they go for about the same price and include a bit. You can also check Home Depot, they sell a General Tool pocket hole kit and may carry bits for that.

Send it in and if they dont give you a new one that would be poor customer service  in my opinion. My gosh how much money will they make selling you screws from now on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just a payback for being a Pats fan. hee hee hee.. just pulling your chain. Honestly though. I have seen these at Home Depot & Harbor Freight.

angie brashears said:

First my Patriots...now my Kreg!!! what else?

I had one brake I bought the mini for the bit almost same price.

John Schaben said:

Hi Angie - looks like it could have been dropped somewhere along the way. Sometimes they can get a crack that wont show up right away.

Check and see if they have a mini jig kit, they go for about the same price and include a bit. You can also check Home Depot, they sell a General Tool pocket hole kit and may carry bits for that.

go to lowes they have those bit $7 or $8 

RSS

Need Help?

For Technical Support, please call 800-447-8638 or send a message. Reps are available Monday through Friday from 8am to 5pm CST. 

Videos

• Add Videos

Forum

Jig settings for 2 ¾ x 1 ½ boards with 30 degree miters?

I making a hex ring out of 2x4s ripped to 2 ¾ inches wide with 30 degree miters.  What setting on the Jig should I used? 1 ½ is too much.  Thanks.Continue

Started by Patrick Halinski in Kreg Jig® Operation Dec 30, 2023.

40mm Cup Hinge Jig Question

Hi All.....I have the 35mm Kreg Jig hinge drill guide. The guide is great for 35mm Hinge Cups, but I have a speciality 40MM hinge cup to drill.Has anyone adapted the Kreg guide to work with 40mm Forsner drill bits? Or have a guide that works…Continue

Started by Ed Anderson in Beginners' Zone Oct 3, 2023.

Product Reviews

New Kreg 720Pro

I saw the video Kreg put out for this new jig and had high hopes for it.

I purchased one today and am very disappointed with it.

First the docking station is extremely cheap. The plastic is pathetic. A Lego has more…

Continue

Posted by Duke Leon on February 15, 2021 at 9:00pm

Not Pleased With Pocket Hole Construction

Several months ago, I purchased the Kreg K4MS so that I could build the Lego Table as outlined on the companion "buildsomething" web site which exclusively uses pocket hole construction.  I have considerable experience with conventional…

Continue

Posted by Robert Ringel on September 17, 2020 at 1:48pm — 9 Comments

© 2024   Created by KregRep.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service

_