Kreg Owners' Community

I just wanted to let everyone know that I purchased a Craftsman Multi-tool this evening and in a span of less than 15 minutes, I have made 20 plugs fit my storage bench using the 3/8 dowel and a piece of scrap lumber with the pocket holes drilled out and a screw inserted.  This by far beats sawing plugs for hours or, mixing sawdust and glue together for a plug compound!!!  Get one!

Views: 689

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I think it is a great money and time saver James; Craftsman seems to have the best and most consistant ratings of the lower priced brands (plus, it was less than $100.00 even with extended warranty); and has the 2.0 Amperage motor with a variable speed function, ideal for the soft plugs; the sanding function is a perfect finishing tool for the plugs as well...Salt not included!
Attachments:

I have seen others using this tool for making plugs so a month ago Sears tool club had there new muti on sale for $79 and tool club price I received a coupon got it for $59. The tool club sends me a tool flier every month with good buys.
TOMBOY said:
I think it is a great money and time saver James; Craftsman seems to have the best and most consistant ratings of the lower priced brands (plus, it was less than $100.00 even with extended warranty); and has the 2.0 Amperage motor with a variable speed function, ideal for the soft plugs; the sanding function is a perfect finishing tool for the plugs as well...Salt not included!
I am also a Craftsman Club member, have been for years; I get some really great deals on tools when they come around so, I know what you mean!  This particular buy, I could not wait for a deal, "needed" it right away:-)  Have a good one!
TOM GENSMER already described this method on http://www.thisiscarpentry.com/2010/01/22/customizing-a-table-saw-s...

He uses a fein supercut tool, and seems very happy with this method.

I've put the link because there are some nice others ideas.

Sorry to have duplicated the thread...Thanks for the link though:-)  I was just so thrilled to have come up with a time saving way to fill holes as I have been doing it the other ways for so long that it is quite discouraging some times to want to use those methods.  I'm sure if I hadn't seen the link you describe, maybe there are others who havn't as well (ie. beginners and new folks to the site) and will find my discussion to be helpful, I hope at least:-)

Thanks again; I am going over to check it out now!

Sorry, perhaps my answer was a bit too short, but i'm french and my english isn't really fluent.

It's a definitively a good thing that you described this method on this forum, because this community is a central point for every Kreg customer. I use this method because I own a fein multimaster and this method is very fast with such a tool.
Damien, no worries:-)  Have a good one!!!

Thanks for the multi tool idea. Building my first Kreg product that I want to use plugs this was great help.Have a multi too already gathering dust in the work shop and a stock of dowels. Glad I didnt buy the plugs yet.

I've got the Dremel flavor of multi tool and mine leaves marks around a flush cut. I they are from the set of the blade teeth. I need to use a piece of thin plywood or hardboard between the blade and the stock to avoid that. I guess it doesn't make much difference if the pockets are hidden. But, if the pockets are hidden, why plug them?

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Need Help?

For Technical Support, please call 800-447-8638 or send a message. Reps are available Monday through Friday from 8am to 5pm CST. 

Videos

• Add Videos

Forum

First time I really had a need for the ACS miter guide.

I've been using my Adaptive Cutting System table for a few years now, and it's been really solid. This past week was the first time I ever needed to use the miter guide though.I was rebuilding some shelving in a tiny closet and I discovered the…Continue

Tags: ACS

Started by Adam in General Woodworking May 6.

What thread and size screw to use 2 Replies

I am building a small trunk for a military friend to put some belongings in. I have made legs out of ash hardwood and will make the sides out of 1/2” or 3/4” Baltic birch plywood. The legs are 1.5” thick by 2” wide. So since I’m drilling pockets in…Continue

Started by Mike Bohannon in Beginners' Zone. Last reply by Jay Boutwell Apr 19.

Product Reviews

New Kreg 720Pro

I saw the video Kreg put out for this new jig and had high hopes for it.

I purchased one today and am very disappointed with it.

First the docking station is extremely cheap. The plastic is pathetic. A Lego has more…

Continue

Posted by Duke Leon on February 15, 2021 at 9:00pm

Not Pleased With Pocket Hole Construction

Several months ago, I purchased the Kreg K4MS so that I could build the Lego Table as outlined on the companion "buildsomething" web site which exclusively uses pocket hole construction.  I have considerable experience with conventional…

Continue

Posted by Robert Ringel on September 17, 2020 at 1:48pm — 9 Comments

© 2022   Created by KregRep.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service

_