Kreg Owners' Community

Hello, I just purchased my Kreg Jig. Can some of you experienced users tell me how you mounted your jig? Did you mount it to a bench? Or a piece of plywood or something and then clamp that to a bench? Or is there a better way for storage, mounting and using the jig?

Thanks

Views: 20142

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Excellent solution, Chris! I really like the trak-mounted Material Support Stops and the stock supporting your vacuum hose. Then again, I really like the storage compartments for the Quick Change Kit... and the homemade Klamp Table you're using to hold it down!

Excellent setup.
KregRep said:
Excellent solution, Chris! I really like the trak-mounted Material Support Stops and the stock supporting your vacuum hose. Then again, I really like the storage compartments for the Quick Change Kit... and the homemade Klamp Table you're using to hold it down!

Excellent setup.
the way Chris Dykman has it set up is definitely ingenious.
I thought I'd add a few more photos to this thread from a great setup put together by this community's own "JD" JD put some ingenious solutions into his setup including magnets to hold his drill/driver bits in place as well as his allen wrench. Check out this great work by JD!

http://kregjig.ning.com/forum/topics/kreg-jig-mounting-board

FYI to all - let's try to avoid "quoting" all of the photos, etc. from other posts. It dramatically increases the amount of time required to open the page.

In response to Gerald (post deleted due to quoted photos), the Kreg Jig does not have embedded magnets for the allen wrench, those were actually added by JD! He did a great job... check out the link to his original post for more information. :)
I like how you store it on edge under the workbench. I have several "once in a while" tools that I keep on a shelf, and pull out as needed.
Chris Dykman said:
Just discovered Kreg Jig before Chrismas and after a couple of temporary homes, I've settled on this - the Jig board stands on edge for a small storage footprint, and the table top comes off, the suports fold and it slides away too.
You'll notice the vacuum hose support - I ganged some scrap bits together and mounted them flush to the edge of the board, I also mounted the Kreg Jig so it will not overhang the edge.

Anthony Lanting said:
I like how you store it on edge under the workbench. I have several "once in a while" tools that I keep on a shelf, and pull out as needed.
Chris Dykman said:
Just discovered Kreg Jig before Chrismas and after a couple of temporary homes, I've settled on this - the Jig board stands on edge for a small storage footprint, and the table top comes off, the suports fold and it slides away too.
Some of what I've seen members do are really sophisticated...to keep it simple, I just screwed my system to a large-enough plywood section and now clamp it to a work bench close to the assembly area when needed. I store these smaller type tools out of the way in a 4 drawer filing cabinet, the type formerly used in an office, along with their accessories to keep it all together.
Gene
Hey all, my name is Keith and I'm new to the group and the Kreg Jig. I have read many of the forums and what a great resource for information. Some of the projects are outstanding and a little intimidating.
I thought I would give my jig a home before tackling anything demanding. The black storage boxes are from the good old dollar store. The adhesive tape measures are from Fabricland. (Ok you can stop laughing now) 90', repeats every 12" for $5, how could I not. The t-track is light aluminum. The black circles are magnets to hold bits, allen wrench, etc.
The station is 24" X 16" X 4". There are stop blocks behind the storage boxes to stop them from going too far in.
I plan to laminate the chart and attach it right to the station. Support / Stop blocks will be made for the t-track.
Thanks for looking, Keith

Great mount system, Keith...I really like the drawer and spaces to hold everthing right where you are going to use it.

For my own mounting system, mine was done out of need and haste more than anything. The front section of my jig is angled and doubt would hold a clamp well, so when I needed it for my repair job I grabbed what I had lying around...a piece of OSD that is about 18" x 24". Perfect size to clamp to the top of my table saw (I don't have a workbench...yet...its on the list of stuff to do!)
I made a table with 24" sq. piece of cabnet plywood with 2 X 2 legs. I put a shelf about half way down for the storage and strength. This table is about 31" high and seems to work great for my height. I have actuall used the table to put some of the smaller projects togather. The clamps work good on the 3/4" plywood and its good and smooth finish. Works great for me and real easy to make. Good luck. Wallace
Where would a person find these earth magnets on this pic? Great plan for a great jig!!!

KregRep said:
I thought I'd add a few more photos to this thread from a great setup put together by this community's own "JD" JD put some ingenious solutions into his setup including magnets to hold his drill/driver bits in place as well as his allen wrench. Check out this great work by JD!

http://kregjig.ning.com/forum/topics/kreg-jig-mounting-board

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Need Help?

For Technical Support, please call 800-447-8638 or send a message. Reps are available Monday through Friday from 8am to 5pm CST. 

Videos

• Add Videos

Forum

Jig settings for 2 ¾ x 1 ½ boards with 30 degree miters?

I making a hex ring out of 2x4s ripped to 2 ¾ inches wide with 30 degree miters.  What setting on the Jig should I used? 1 ½ is too much.  Thanks.Continue

Started by Patrick Halinski in Kreg Jig® Operation Dec 30, 2023.

40mm Cup Hinge Jig Question

Hi All.....I have the 35mm Kreg Jig hinge drill guide. The guide is great for 35mm Hinge Cups, but I have a speciality 40MM hinge cup to drill.Has anyone adapted the Kreg guide to work with 40mm Forsner drill bits? Or have a guide that works…Continue

Started by Ed Anderson in Beginners' Zone Oct 3, 2023.

Product Reviews

New Kreg 720Pro

I saw the video Kreg put out for this new jig and had high hopes for it.

I purchased one today and am very disappointed with it.

First the docking station is extremely cheap. The plastic is pathetic. A Lego has more…

Continue

Posted by Duke Leon on February 15, 2021 at 9:00pm

Not Pleased With Pocket Hole Construction

Several months ago, I purchased the Kreg K4MS so that I could build the Lego Table as outlined on the companion "buildsomething" web site which exclusively uses pocket hole construction.  I have considerable experience with conventional…

Continue

Posted by Robert Ringel on September 17, 2020 at 1:48pm — 9 Comments

© 2024   Created by KregRep.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service

_