Kreg Owners' Community

I got my monthly E-mail From Highland Woodworking and seen this in it. http://www.highlandwoodworking.com/kreg-toolboxx-complete-system.aspx

I was wanting to find out some more info on this kit, but I could not find any thing on it at http://www.kregtool.com/.

Read KregRep's official response:

Views: 24583

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Well, I've done a 180.

I had two of these boxes ordered, and I just canceled my order. I may reorder them, but I just got back from home Depot and looked at BOTH size boxes. They had both sizes in the Husky brand for the same price of $29.00.

IMHO, the smaller box, which I believe is the same exact size of the Kreg box just looks too small. The bigger box just looks awesome. It looked very well built. I feel that the top part will hold a great assortment of screws, and the deeper bottom of the bigger box will ensure enough room for both my K-3 and all of the clamps, etc, that I have or will have in the future.

Now I am not arguing that it is a good deal or not....with the screws I'm sure it is a good deal. I just wish they would have gone to the deeper box. That is all.

Frank

Nice to have.  Could replace the one I got with the $140 kit.   But I already have my base mounted to a board with the stops and slots so it's mostly for the screws.   Maybe for $40 for the convenience when I need to drag everything to a buddy's.   Might see it at Rockier someday at that price  with their 20%.

I may be missing something here but my hardwood supplier said that either box(with or without the tools) is done and over with a one time offer. Then I look online and it says available early November. Is it going to be available or is this an old offer? Better question, will it come back?

I received mine last week and I have to tell you I'm very upset that they decided to put a HUGE Kreg Sticker on the top...worse yet it is impossible to remove !!!

This is different than the pictures shown in this forum or on the site where I purchased it.

I'd think that if they were going to charge us premium prices and use it for their advertising they'd be considerate enough to make the sticker easy to remove !!!

I have mine and it is PERFECT! Sturdy and is a good size. It is larger than I thought it would be.
I bought the same box,  It does not say kerg on it, but it does come with bins that fill the whole bottom of the case.  got it at Home Depot for $27.  The Kreg box is a good deal if you do not own a Kreg Jig.
What difference does it make if it says Kreg on top of it? Are you ashamed of the name? Does it make any difference if your TV has RCA on it, your car says Chevrolet or your saw has the the Porter Cable names on them. If you're ashamed to show that you bought something from Kreg Tool the, why did you buy it in the first place. I think some of you people like to see yourselves whine in print.

Andrew S Korfin said:

I received mine last week and I have to tell you I'm very upset that they decided to put a HUGE Kreg Sticker on the top...worse yet it is impossible to remove !!!

This is different than the pictures shown in this forum or on the site where I purchased it.

I'd think that if they were going to charge us premium prices and use it for their advertising they'd be considerate enough to make the sticker easy to remove !!!

What difference does it make if it says Kreg on top of it? Are you ashamed of the name? Does it make any difference if your TV has RCA on it, your car says Chevrolet or your saw has the the Porter Cable names on them. If you're ashamed to show that you bought something from Kreg Tool the, why did you buy it in the first place. I think some of you people like to see yourselves whine in print.

Andrew S Korfin said:

Ordered two full toolbox kits from Amazon. One for myself and another for my father. We are both new to the Pocket Hole jig world so we were excited for the kits to come. The kits look very nice, has everything to get us started and it helped make it easy decide which Kreg jig set to buy... all of them! 

I liked the toolbox and was impressed with how durable they looked. That was until I took all of the jigs and clamps out to look at them and realized there were pieces of the bottom of the box missing. They had broken out during shipping. Grabbed my dad's box and his is broken and cracked as well. Amazon was great, issued a full replacement on both and they are shipping them overnight. Great customer service to make up for improper packaging.

While they should have been packaged properly, I can say I am disappointed in how thin the bottom plastic is on the box. As weekend warriors I know we will take care not to damage the box, but I honestly think the bottoms could be broken out by falling over. I, very seriously, think these boxes will not last long on a job site with the bottoms that thin.

I sure hope that the replacements have a lot better packaging because I can't wait to dig in and start making some pocket holes. 

Andrew,

We went to great lengths to make sure and put a easy-peel sticker on the top so that it would come off easily. I'm not sure why yours would be any different than those we tested internally... those came off easily. I will look into this in greater detail - I'm sorry your experience was less than perfect.

Thank you for the feedback,

KregRep

Andrew S Korfin said:

I have seen ads for this, it is apparently out of stock until 2012 which is not much good.  Looks good as a unit though but pricey.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Need Help?

For Technical Support, please call 800-447-8638 or send a message. Reps are available Monday through Friday from 8am to 5pm CST. 

Videos

• Add Videos

Forum

Jig settings for 2 ¾ x 1 ½ boards with 30 degree miters?

I making a hex ring out of 2x4s ripped to 2 ¾ inches wide with 30 degree miters.  What setting on the Jig should I used? 1 ½ is too much.  Thanks.Continue

Started by Patrick Halinski in Kreg Jig® Operation Dec 30, 2023.

40mm Cup Hinge Jig Question

Hi All.....I have the 35mm Kreg Jig hinge drill guide. The guide is great for 35mm Hinge Cups, but I have a speciality 40MM hinge cup to drill.Has anyone adapted the Kreg guide to work with 40mm Forsner drill bits? Or have a guide that works…Continue

Started by Ed Anderson in Beginners' Zone Oct 3, 2023.

Product Reviews

New Kreg 720Pro

I saw the video Kreg put out for this new jig and had high hopes for it.

I purchased one today and am very disappointed with it.

First the docking station is extremely cheap. The plastic is pathetic. A Lego has more…

Continue

Posted by Duke Leon on February 15, 2021 at 9:00pm

Not Pleased With Pocket Hole Construction

Several months ago, I purchased the Kreg K4MS so that I could build the Lego Table as outlined on the companion "buildsomething" web site which exclusively uses pocket hole construction.  I have considerable experience with conventional…

Continue

Posted by Robert Ringel on September 17, 2020 at 1:48pm — 9 Comments

© 2024   Created by KregRep.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service

_